Wikiposts

bio G325 question

Old Jun 16th 2002, 6:23 pm
Matildaknot

Default bio G325 question

Hi, Everyone! On the biographical form G-325a, in the place where it asks "This form
submitted with application for .." and you have two clear choices--one is to say
"other" and write "for fiance petition" and the other is to check the box for
permanent resident--which do you most of you check? I had a brief conversation with a
lawyer who said "permanent resident" because that is the eventual intention of the
fiance. What have folks here had success with? Thanks!

Old Jun 16th 2002, 6:24 pm
Mrtravel

Default Re: bio G325 question

Matildaknot wrote:
    >
    > Hi, Everyone! On the biographical form G-325a, in the place where it asks "This
    > form submitted with application for .." and you have two clear choices--one is to
    > say "other" and write "for fiance petition" and the other is to check the box for
    > permanent resident--which do you most of you check? I had a brief conversation with
    > a lawyer who said "permanent resident" because that is the eventual intention of
    > the fiance. What have folks here had success with? Thanks!

Why do people ask a lawyer and then ask a newsgroup? What if there is a disagreement,
who do you bring in to break the tie? If you are submitting the form with a fiance
petition, then say so. Filing for a fiance petition is NOT filing for PR status, but
this is a non lawyer talking...

Old Jun 16th 2002, 7:21 pm
Matildaknot

I asked the newsgroup, because in my experience lawyers can be wrong sometimes and
this newsgroups appears to have excellent answers to many questions. At the very
least, those that respond give a rationale for their responses and sometimes lawyers
in a hurry do not. To answer your other question, I am filing for a K1 petition.

Old Jun 17th 2002, 12:20 am
Robin

[email protected] (Matildaknot) wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
    > I asked the newsgroup, because in my experience lawyers can be wrong sometimes and
    > this newsgroups appears to have excellent answers to many questions. At the very
    > least, those that respond give a rationale for their responses and sometimes
    > lawyers in a hurry do not. To answer your other question, I am filing for a K1
    > petition.

I checked "other" and put in I-129F. Our petition was approved with no problems.

Old Jun 17th 2002, 3:28 am
Heidi

[email protected] (Matildaknot) wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
    > I asked the newsgroup, because in my experience lawyers can be wrong sometimes and
    > this newsgroups appears to have excellent answers to many questions. At the very
    > least, those that respond give a rationale for their responses and sometimes
    > lawyers in a hurry do not. To answer your other question, I am filing for a K1
    > petition.

I checked "Other" and put in K-1 visa application. While we've not yet received our
final approval, our first NOA did say "application for fiance(e) visa" so
presumably it was the right thing to do! Since it is an application for a fiance
visa, I would concur and say that you should write that, and not just check the
permanent resident box.

Old Jun 17th 2002, 4:07 am
Matildaknot

<< I checked "Other" and put in K-1 visa application >> Thank you very much for your
help. My common sense told me to check "other" like the rest of you, but I was very
confused by this lawyer being adamant about checking "permanent resident". I tried
to ask her about it, and she felt strongly about it. But it doesn't sound right to
me. Thanks for your input!