Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

Which is better- K-3 or Green card filing

Wikiposts

Which is better- K-3 or Green card filing

Old Aug 23rd 2007, 11:08 am

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Which is better- K-3 or Green card filing

Originally Posted by ian-mstm
Perhaps you should call USCIS and ask them!

Ian
Wouldn't the Consulate or State Dept or even the NVC be a better choice, since it's for the visa application, not the petition?
Old Aug 24th 2007, 3:01 am

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute

AG,

Was the other spelling of your name given in the "Other Names Used" questions on the various application and petition forms?

If not, there may need to be a new set of name checks run on the previously undisclosed name. It happened to the wife of a friend of mine, when the spelling of her last name on her passport differed from the spelling on her birth certificate by 1 letter.

Regards, JEff

Originally Posted by Aashish_Gonzalez
thanks guys.. can you please add something on the birth certificate issue. Will the spelling error be a problem ?
Old Aug 31st 2007, 6:40 pm
Just Joined

Aashish_Gonzalez is an unknown quantity at this point

Ian
I just checked up with my USC wife. She doesnot have the I-94 arrival departure records for herself. Would this be an issue while submitting I-130?

Also will having a job offer from the US clear my wife's Domicile issue?

Can we quote her sister's residence as her address of intended residence in the US, if this helps to clear the domicile issue?
Old Sep 1st 2007, 12:09 am
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

She doesnot have the I-94 arrival departure records for herself. Would this be an issue while submitting I-130?
Probably not... she's a USC, she can come and go as she pleases.

Also will having a job offer from the US clear my wife's Domicile issue?
This won't hurt, but it probably won't help either. Things that *might* happen in the future don't carry much weight.

Can we quote her sister's residence as her address of intended residence in the US, if this helps to clear the domicile issue?
This will probably help, yes.

Ian
Old Sep 5th 2007, 2:21 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by meauxna
Wouldn't the Consulate or State Dept or even the NVC be a better choice, since it's for the visa application, not the petition?
While filling out I-864 form on behalf of my sponsor USC wife, in Part 5:Sponsors Household size- Line 21, , I entered 01 for 21(a) and then again it asks for 21(c) , so when i add the total lines i get my household size as 03, when in fact it is just myself and my USC wife. Do i need to enter 01 in line 21(c) or not? Or my question is will I, the prinicpal immigrant be included in line 21(a) or 21(c). Please help guys. Thanks
Old Sep 5th 2007, 3:49 am
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Do i need to enter 01 in line 21(c) or not?
No... you enter "0". Did you even read the instructions? In big CAPITAL letters at #21 it says do not count anyone twice. Also, section 21(c) falls under the heading "people NOT sponsored". There is your wife and you... total household = 2.

Ian
Old Sep 5th 2007, 4:01 am
Just Joined

No... you enter "0". Did you even read the instructions? In big CAPITAL letters at #21 it says do not count anyone twice. Also, section 21(c) falls under the heading "people NOT sponsored". There is your wife and you... total household = 2.

Ian
thanks mate
Old Sep 23rd 2007, 7:26 am
Just Joined

Ian
Hi all, we have filed ur I-130 petition at New Delhi. we had to pay fees by CASH at the counter in the embassy. The interview was smooth. The officer handed us packet 3.5 and said we may hear from the respective consulate in a month. He also said that the whole process now takes just three months. Now my USC wife plans to go to US to establish domicile.

1. How do we inform the embassy of her change in address especially since we gave the details in G-325a as her indian address?

2. Do you think the domicile issue can be cleared if my wife gets into a rental agreeement in the US and gets utility bills in her name? She will also concurrently try for a job. is there anything else she needs as proof?

3. In packet 3.5, they asked us to provide evidence of late filing of tax. What should we include?
Old Sep 23rd 2007, 10:31 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

1. How do we inform the embassy of her change in address especially since we gave the details in G-325a as her indian address?
You only need to inform them if YOU are moving, not your USC wife. They won't be sending her anything, they will be sending you things.

2. Do you think the domicile issue can be cleared if my wife gets into a rental agreeement in the US and gets utility bills in her name? She will also concurrently try for a job. is there anything else she needs as proof?
She might want to open a US bank account, otherwise the things you mention sound good.

3. In packet 3.5, they asked us to provide evidence of late filing of tax. What should we include?
Include US tax returns from the past 3 years, and if she doesn't have those, she needs to start the procedure for late filing. I believe once she does this, IRS will give her a letter, and she should include this letter.

Best Wishes,
Rene
Old Sep 24th 2007, 6:03 am

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute

AG,

Other useful items, although not necessarily needed, would be getting a driver's license and registering to vote.

Regards, JEff

Hi all, we have filed ur I-130 petition at New Delhi. we had to pay fees by CASH at the counter in the embassy. The interview was smooth. The officer handed us packet 3.5 and said we may hear from the respective consulate in a month. He also said that the whole process now takes just three months. Now my USC wife plans to go to US to establish domicile.

Old Oct 28th 2007, 9:10 pm
Just Joined

Hi all,

My USC wife recently landed a job in the states. However, in all forms like DS-230 and I-130 etc which i had submitted to the consulate, i had mentioned her status as unemployed. Would it be ok if i now mention her job status in I-864? Thanks
Old Oct 28th 2007, 10:15 pm
Account Closed

Folinskyinla is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi all,

My USC wife recently landed a job in the states. However, in all forms like DS-230 and I-130 etc which i had submitted to the consulate, i had mentioned her status as unemployed. Would it be ok if i now mention her job status in I-864? Thanks
Hi:

Why do you ask? Of course. The world does not stand still and even government officials know that.

"The trouble is all inside your head she said to me. The answer is easy if you take it logically. I'd like to help you in your struggle to be free." Paul Simon