Belfast or London?

Old Jan 7th 2014, 11:40 pm
Forum Regular

Roberrrt is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Belfast or London?

I live in York, UK.

Which is the best consulate to use, Belfast or London?

For efficiency and quickness?

We're applying for K3 visa and we've just sent of the I-130 today.

Thanks,
Robert and Monique
Old Jan 7th 2014, 11:49 pm
Often not so civil...

civilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Belfast or London?

Um... a K3 requires an I-129, a CR1 requires an I-130.

So which are you actually applying for?
Old Jan 7th 2014, 11:52 pm
Forum Regular

No, you have to send the I-130 off first.
Old Jan 8th 2014, 12:01 am
Hoppity hop...

BunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Roberrrt View Post
No, you have to send the I-130 off first.
Ummm, no. The K3 requires an I-129F. A CR1 requires an I-130.
Old Jan 8th 2014, 12:12 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by civilservant View Post
Um... a K3 requires an I-129...
I-129F. After the receipt of I-130.

Rene
Old Jan 8th 2014, 12:13 am
Forum Regular

I'm not filing a fiance visa, I'm filing as a spouse.

Can someone answer my original question please?
Old Jan 8th 2014, 12:14 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

I live in York, UK.

Which is the best consulate to use, Belfast or London?

For efficiency and quickness?

We're applying for K3 visa and we've just sent of the I-130 today.

Thanks,
Robert and Monique
You may or may not end up doing a K-3 process. You can file an I-129F if you want to, towards a K-3, but if the I-130 moves fast enough, NVC will go with that, and will throw out the I-129F when it comes in. If that's the case, you will end up doing an Immigrant Visa process, so make sure you know how to do that. It won't be your choice...it will be up to NVC, and if they receive an approved I-130 before or at the same time as an approved I-129F, they will not process the I-129F towards a K-3.

That said, I don't know the answer to your question, whether Belfast even does Immigrant Visas or not. You can probably find out online.

Rene
Old Jan 8th 2014, 12:16 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Noorah101 View Post
You may or may not end up doing a K-3 process. You can file an I-129F if you want to, towards a K-3, but if the I-130 moves fast enough, NVC will go with that, and will throw out the I-129F when it comes in. If that's the case, you will end up doing an Immigrant Visa process, so make sure you know how to do that. It won't be your choice...it will be up to NVC, and if they receive an approved I-130 before or at the same time as an approved I-129F, they will not process the I-129F towards a K-3.

That said, I don't know the answer to your question, whether Belfast even does Immigrant Visas or not. You can probably find out online.

Rene

Thanks Rene
Old Jan 8th 2014, 12:16 am

I'm not filing a fiance visa, I'm filing as a spouse.
Understood. Both the K-1 fiance visa AND the K-3 spouse visa make use of the I-129F form.

It might depend on which visa you end up going for. Take a look at the US Embassy in Belfast website and see if they even do Immigrant Visas. They might do K-3's, but if you end up doing an Immigrant Visa (which IMO you will), you'll want to know which embassy does them.

Rene
Old Jan 8th 2014, 12:53 am
Forum Regular

I'm pretty sure we did it all right.

Read things over and over again.
Old Jan 8th 2014, 1:21 am

I'm pretty sure we did it all right.

Read things over and over again.
The embassy in Belfast does not issue Immigrant visas: http://belfast.usconsulate.gov/immigrant-visas.html

It does issue non-immigrant visas, but it does not mention the K-3 on their non-immigrant page: http://belfast.usconsulate.gov/apply.html

Therefore, my assumption is that you'll be going to London no matter which visa you end up getting.

Rene
Old Jan 8th 2014, 1:24 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Noorah101 View Post
The embassy in Belfast does not issue Immigrant visas: http://belfast.usconsulate.gov/immigrant-visas.html

It does issue non-immigrant visas, but it does not mention the K-3 on their non-immigrant page: http://belfast.usconsulate.gov/apply.html

Therefore, my assumption is that you'll be going to London no matter which visa you end up getting.

Rene
Yeah, cheers
Old Jan 8th 2014, 2:12 pm
Mouthy Yank

Speedwell has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedwell has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedwell has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedwell has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedwell has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedwell has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedwell has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedwell has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedwell has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedwell has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedwell has a reputation beyond repute

We would gladly have gone through Belfast for my husband's CR-1 visa but they don't allow it for that visa type. The NVC attempted to send us through Dublin because some know-nothing saw "Northern Ireland" and made the usual clueless error. It's not permitted to file your I-130 paperwork as a UK citizen and then file for your visa as an Irish citizen, so we are lucky it got fixed promptly and he was processed through London as we intended. You could theoretically opt to file your I-130 through Dublin if you wished to be considered as an Irish citizen rather than a UK citizen, but you've already got the ball rolling with the UK application.
Old Jan 8th 2014, 3:50 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Speedwell View Post
We would gladly have gone through Belfast for my husband's CR-1 visa but they don't allow it for that visa type. The NVC attempted to send us through Dublin because some know-nothing saw "Northern Ireland" and made the usual clueless error. It's not permitted to file your I-130 paperwork as a UK citizen and then file for your visa as an Irish citizen, so we are lucky it got fixed promptly and he was processed through London as we intended. You could theoretically opt to file your I-130 through Dublin if you wished to be considered as an Irish citizen rather than a UK citizen, but you've already got the ball rolling with the UK application.
Thanks