Wikiposts

being in jail before and my k1 process

Old Oct 17th 2009, 4:23 am
Banned

axarayliyim is an unknown quantity at this point
Default being in jail before and my k1 process

hello guys...

my question is.

i have been in jail last year. and i i was in jail for one month...and my wife will start k1 application for me.. does that effect my k1 process ? does that make the process longer ? or is there anything i can do about it ?

thanks....

Last edited by axarayliyim; Oct 17th 2009 at 4:26 am.
Old Oct 17th 2009, 4:30 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: being in jail before and my k1 process

Originally Posted by axarayliyim
hello guys...

my question is.

i have been in jail last year. and i i was in jail for one month...and my wife will start k1 application for me.. does that effect my k1 process ? does that make the process longer ? or is there anything i can do about it ?

thanks....
Hi and welcome to BE.

What were you in jail for? That will make a difference.

Best Wishes,
Rene
Old Oct 17th 2009, 4:40 am
BE Enthusiast

discoviking has a reputation beyond reputediscoviking has a reputation beyond reputediscoviking has a reputation beyond reputediscoviking has a reputation beyond reputediscoviking has a reputation beyond reputediscoviking has a reputation beyond reputediscoviking has a reputation beyond reputediscoviking has a reputation beyond reputediscoviking has a reputation beyond reputediscoviking has a reputation beyond reputediscoviking has a reputation beyond repute

If you are already married, you can not get a K1 visa. K1 is a fiancee visa, intended for people who wish to enter the US, marry their US citizen fiancee, then remain and adjust status to permanent resident. If you are married to a US citizen or permanent resident already, you need to research the CR1/IR1 spousal visa.

You will have to disclose your sentence on your visa application once the process reaches that stage. How much of a problem it will turn into depends on what you were convicted for. You may want to start your research by reading the sticky about CIMT.

You may get a visa in the end, or you may not. Based on the limited information given, it's anyone's guess.
Old Oct 17th 2009, 5:28 am
Banned

its injure...and it happened before i got married
Old Oct 17th 2009, 5:56 am
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

i have been in jail last year. and i i was in jail for one month...
The punishment you received doesn't matter. What matters, is what the *maximum* penalty might have been... regardless of the punishment you actually got. To know that, you'll need copies of the court records - and you'll need an ACPO certificate, so you might as well get started on both right now. Hint - Google is your friend.

and my wife will start k1 application for me..
No, she won't. If you are already married, you are ineligible for a K-1 visa. Research CR-1 and/or IR-1 visa. Hint again - Google is your friend.

Ian
Old Oct 17th 2009, 6:13 am
Banned

she wont ? didnt get that..... does that effect my process ? or i am ineligble or ?
Old Oct 17th 2009, 6:21 am

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

she wont ? didnt get that..... does that effect my process ? or i am ineligble or ?
The K-1 fiance visa is for UNmarried people. You are married people. Therefore, the K-1 fiance visa is not available for you; you are ineligible for the K-1 fiance visa.

Where were you in jail?
Old Oct 17th 2009, 7:05 am
Banned

IM MARRIED.....
Old Oct 17th 2009, 7:15 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

IM MARRIED.....
Yes, you are married. That's why you cannot do a K-1 fiance visa.

You will be doing a spouse Immigrant Visa.

You are asking whether your jail time will allow you to immigrate to the USA, correct? The answer is, we don't know because we don't have all the details of your arrest and crime.

Rene
Old Oct 17th 2009, 8:11 am
Banned

what i know is k1 is for married people... fiance visa is for the people who are nto married
Old Oct 17th 2009, 8:23 am

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

what i know is k1 is for married people... fiance visa is for the people who are nto married
Would you like to start over and explain your situation? You are the one who put K-1 (fiance) in the title of your thread.
You now seem to understand that you can not use the K-1 visa.

If you are in the US, you don't need a visa. You need something else.

We won't guess all day long, so you will have to post some answers to our quesitons to get to the answers to your questions (if you actually have questions).
Old Oct 17th 2009, 8:29 am
BE Forum Addict

augigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond repute

The K1 IS the fiance visa!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old Oct 17th 2009, 8:32 am
Septicity

fatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond repute

I am married/not married to my wife.

My wife is a US citizen/permanent resident of the US/other citizen.

My wife is currently in the US/Austria/Vietnam and I'm in US/Austria/Vietnam.

I was convicted of indecent exposure/robbing a bank/chasing the dragon and served a sentence of 1 month in jail.
Old Oct 17th 2009, 9:14 am
BE Forum Addict

BritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond repute

Either LISTEN or there's no point in you posting again.

K1 is NOT for married people.

You need to answer the questions posed to you in this thread, before asking any more yourself.
Old Oct 17th 2009, 9:15 am

what i know is k1 is for married people
No. K-1 is for UNmarried people.

... fiance visa is for the people who are nto married
That's correct. Fiance visa is for people who are not married. The name of the fiance visa is K-1.

Rene

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.