Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

Became a PR or USC last year? Who else did?

Became a PR or USC last year? Who else did?

Old Mar 27th 2009, 7:56 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute
Default Became a PR or USC last year? Who else did?

Here's some little treats for us immigration geeks; the 2008 statistics are out!

It's kinda fun to see the comparative data, how many others from your country etc.
If not, blow on by....

U.S. Legal Permanent Residents: 2008 (PDF, 6 pages - 369 KB )
This report provides information on the number and characteristics of persons who became legal permanent residents during fiscal year 2008.

Data on Legal Permanent Residents
Access data on immigrants who became legal permanent residents in fiscal year 2008 by class of admission, country of birth, state of residence, and other characteristics.

Naturalizations in the United States: 2008 (PDF, 4 pages - 396 KB)
This report presents information on the number and characteristics of foreign nationals who became American citizens during fiscal year 2008.

Data on Naturalizations

Access data on persons who became American citizens in fiscal year 2008 by country of birth, state of residence, and other characteristics.
Old Mar 28th 2009, 12:50 am
BE Enthusiast

AlanR has a reputation beyond reputeAlanR has a reputation beyond reputeAlanR has a reputation beyond reputeAlanR has a reputation beyond reputeAlanR has a reputation beyond reputeAlanR has a reputation beyond reputeAlanR has a reputation beyond reputeAlanR has a reputation beyond reputeAlanR has a reputation beyond reputeAlanR has a reputation beyond reputeAlanR has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Became a PR or USC last year? Who else did?

Well - Table 21c shows 67 people of US birth became US citizens/nuturalized. Must be one of those non-50 state issues (Virgin or other island?)!
Maybe Mr. F or someone else qualified will explain that one...
Or maybe they were citizens who had renounced and then returned to the flock...

Last edited by AlanR; Mar 28th 2009 at 12:54 am.
Old Mar 28th 2009, 4:07 am
The Missus

SecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by meauxna
Here's some little treats for us immigration geeks; the 2008 statistics are out!

It's kinda fun to see the comparative data, how many others from your country etc.
If not, blow on by....

This report provides information on the number and characteristics of persons who became legal permanent residents during fiscal year 2008.

Access data on immigrants who became legal permanent residents in fiscal year 2008 by class of admission, country of birth, state of residence, and other characteristics.

This report presents information on the number and characteristics of foreign nationals who became American citizens during fiscal year 2008.

Data on Naturalizations

Access data on persons who became American citizens in fiscal year 2008 by country of birth, state of residence, and other characteristics.
Lordy, Mo, do you really expect me to click on those links and do my own reading??? Just give me the numbers.

~SecretGarden
Old Mar 28th 2009, 3:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

notacrime has a reputation beyond reputenotacrime has a reputation beyond reputenotacrime has a reputation beyond reputenotacrime has a reputation beyond reputenotacrime has a reputation beyond reputenotacrime has a reputation beyond reputenotacrime has a reputation beyond reputenotacrime has a reputation beyond reputenotacrime has a reputation beyond reputenotacrime has a reputation beyond reputenotacrime has a reputation beyond repute

If not, blow on by....

Data on Naturalizations

Great name of the researcher on that first paper - "Randall Monger"
Old Mar 28th 2009, 4:07 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SecretGarden
Lordy, Mo, do you really expect me to click on those links and do my own reading??? Just give me the numbers.

~SecretGarden
MrP is one of 1,046,539 to naturalize in 2008 (we always knew he was one-in-a-million!).
He is one of 312,823 married men to naturalize in 2008.
One of 45,224 people in Illinois to naturalize in fiscal 2008.
He's one of 12,095 Brits to naturalize in 2008.

I didn't look up how young he is to give you the real nitty-gritty. Saving some fun for you.
Old Mar 28th 2009, 6:04 pm
The Missus

SecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond repute

MrP is one of 1,046,539 to naturalize in 2008 (we always knew he was one-in-a-million!).
He is one of 312,823 married men to naturalize in 2008.
One of 45,224 people in Illinois to naturalize in fiscal 2008.
He's one of 12,095 Brits to naturalize in 2008.

I didn't look up how young he is to give you the real nitty-gritty. Saving some fun for you.
Thank you, Mo. I think I was in the throws of an "immigration tantrum" when I wrote that. Yay! My last one!

Yes, we always knew Mr. P. was one in a million, and so are you, Mo.

~SG
Old Mar 28th 2009, 6:32 pm

heh, if I'd know you were serious I never would have looked, young lady!
xxx
Old Mar 30th 2009, 4:53 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by AlanR
Well - Table 21c shows 67 people of US birth became US citizens/nuturalized. Must be one of those non-50 state issues (Virgin or other island?)!
Maybe Mr. F or someone else qualified will explain that one...
Or maybe they were citizens who had renounced and then returned to the flock...
U.S. nationals becoming USC only affects those from American Samoa and they are shown separately.

The number has got to be either:
- citizens who have renounced (or lost, under old laws) their USC status and recovered it; or
- persons born to diplomats in the United States.

Those from Puerto Rico, U.S. Virgin Islands, Guam and the North Mariana Islands should be USCs on the same basis as those from the United States itself, although perhaps Mr F will correct me.
Old Mar 30th 2009, 11:41 am
Twice half his height

Knight has a reputation beyond reputeKnight has a reputation beyond reputeKnight has a reputation beyond reputeKnight has a reputation beyond reputeKnight has a reputation beyond reputeKnight has a reputation beyond reputeKnight has a reputation beyond reputeKnight has a reputation beyond reputeKnight has a reputation beyond reputeKnight has a reputation beyond reputeKnight has a reputation beyond repute

22 people got LPR status without USCIS knowing if they were male or female.

Isn't a medical required for all cases?!?