Bank statements

Old Mar 10th 2008, 10:50 am
Just Joined

PhilG is just really nicePhilG is just really nicePhilG is just really nicePhilG is just really nicePhilG is just really nicePhilG is just really nicePhilG is just really nicePhilG is just really nicePhilG is just really nice
Default Bank statements

Why do you have to get a statement from a senior bank official stating your average balance, details of any large transactions etc? What's wrong with just showing them your bank statements?
Old Mar 10th 2008, 11:26 am
BE Enthusiast

AlanR has a reputation beyond reputeAlanR has a reputation beyond reputeAlanR has a reputation beyond reputeAlanR has a reputation beyond reputeAlanR has a reputation beyond reputeAlanR has a reputation beyond reputeAlanR has a reputation beyond reputeAlanR has a reputation beyond reputeAlanR has a reputation beyond reputeAlanR has a reputation beyond reputeAlanR has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Bank statements

Nothing is logical with USCIS (was INS) or banks. As you continue this journey you'll find lots of slow and illogical steps. No good trying to buck the system - just chill out and be patient...
Old Mar 10th 2008, 12:14 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by PhilG
What's wrong with just showing them your bank statements?
If you were trying to cover up something, you might choose only those bank statements that are most in your favor!

Ian
Old Mar 10th 2008, 12:17 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Why do you have to get a statement from a senior bank official stating your average balance, details of any large transactions etc? What's wrong with just showing them your bank statements?

They don't ask about bank statements for financial reasons or details of any large transactions. Where in heaven's name are you, and what process are you using USCIS for and who is asking you for this information.

They don't even want bank statements. However, if you are trying to prove that your marriage is a union where you have commingled your social and financial lives, then the bank statements are used to prove that you have a joint account. If you are going for the K-1 Fiancee Visa, it is just for the American to show that they can indeed provide financial support of the emigrating fiancee.

You seem to have a lot of issues with US immigration rules. Perhaps you ought to think again about using the USCIS. The invasion of your life does not stop at just the K-1 of the AOS.
Old Mar 10th 2008, 12:42 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rete
You seem to have a lot of issues with US immigration rules.
I'm glad you said this. I wanted to say something along those lines, but I thought I'd revert back to my former self and say something totally inappropriate. Well deserved, I think, but inappropriate!

Ian
Old Mar 10th 2008, 1:14 pm
BE Forum Addict

adjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond repute

When i was submiting documentation for my I-751 waiver, I only mailed them the front page of our joint bank statements, where is not showing any balances or transactions . It does show both names and dates. if I would have to send all the pages from each month it would be a lot. My attorney said front page showing both names and date ot the statement was enough. I don't know maybe I am wrong. Ian, Rete what Do you guys think was I supposed to mail the detailed bank statements?
Old Mar 10th 2008, 1:20 pm
BE Enthusiast

Longy is a splendid one to beholdLongy is a splendid one to beholdLongy is a splendid one to beholdLongy is a splendid one to beholdLongy is a splendid one to beholdLongy is a splendid one to beholdLongy is a splendid one to beholdLongy is a splendid one to beholdLongy is a splendid one to beholdLongy is a splendid one to beholdLongy is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by milan79
When i was submiting documentation for my I-751 waiver, I only mailed them the front page of our joint bank statements, where is not showing any balances or transactions . It does show both names and dates. if I would have to send all the pages from each month it would be a lot. My attorney said front page showing both names and date ot the statement was enough. I don't know maybe I am wrong. Ian, Rete what Do you guys think was I supposed to mail the detailed bank statements?
I guess the issue here is that will show that you have a joint bank account, but not much more.

How do they know you actually use that account? I would imagine they would want to see transactions and things like rent/mortgage payments, bills, and both your salaries being deposited, therefore showing a co-mingling of finances
Old Mar 10th 2008, 1:25 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by milan79

You sent the correct information. They don't need and/or want all the pages. They are not concerned with what amount of money you have in the bank and/or your expenditures.

The OP, I found out from another one of his posts, is doing the K-1 fiancee visa. For that the USC needs to include an I-134. It is an either or list and if the USC can prove financial responsibility through wages than they don't need to include a bank letter. And even then the bank letter is only to show the length of the account, type of account and a monthly input of funds. It does not have to include an output. For ourselves when doing the K-1 I included 3 of my Wage statements and a letter from my employer as to type of employment, employment history and annual salary and to overkill I included several bank statements showing my salaries direct deposit.
Old Mar 10th 2008, 2:33 pm
BE Forum Addict

adjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you Rete.
Old Mar 10th 2008, 4:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

hobbes79 has a reputation beyond reputehobbes79 has a reputation beyond reputehobbes79 has a reputation beyond reputehobbes79 has a reputation beyond reputehobbes79 has a reputation beyond reputehobbes79 has a reputation beyond reputehobbes79 has a reputation beyond reputehobbes79 has a reputation beyond reputehobbes79 has a reputation beyond reputehobbes79 has a reputation beyond reputehobbes79 has a reputation beyond repute

I have a funny thing I did with regards to a joint bank statement...

We have a joint account, but for reasons I don't understand, only my name shows up on the statements. Not a huge hassle, since I had plenty of other evidence to send for the I-751 (inc birth certificate and photo of our baby!). But when it came for my wife to get a Mass license, since she didn't have a bank statament with her name and address in Mass, they wouldn't issue a license.

A phone call to the bank proved useless - they just said the one name on the statment was standard protocol.

But then I got a little clever...

My address was on the system as (edited for privacy):

Address 1: 58 Fictional Road
Address 2: Apt 1
Town: Somewhere
State: Mass
Zip: 01234

So I changed it to:

Address 1: Mrs Hobbes79
Address 2: 58 Fictional Rd, Apt 1
Town: Somewhere
State: Mass
Zip: 01234

Statements now arrive just fine saying:

Mr Hobbes79
Mrs Hobbes79
58 Fictional Rd, Apt 1
Somewhere
Mass

It does of course occur to me I could have written any old name I liked in the Address 2 line, and it's more than likely I can do this on more bills and accounts, which rather makes a bit of a mockery of the whole thing!
Old Mar 10th 2008, 4:39 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

When we were doing the K-1 process, my bank (Wells Fargo) had no problem giving me a letter on their letterhead stating my name, how long I've been a customer there, what types of accounts I hold there, and what the average balances are on those accounts. I also included a few recent bank statements. This was for the I-134 requirements, in addition I also sent a letter from my employer and a few recent paystubs. It was approved.

Rene
Old Mar 10th 2008, 4:41 pm
Just Joined

PhilG is just really nicePhilG is just really nicePhilG is just really nicePhilG is just really nicePhilG is just really nicePhilG is just really nicePhilG is just really nicePhilG is just really nicePhilG is just really nice

Perhaps I didn't make myself clear enough. I wasn't complaining, I was just asking a question.

One of the items you have to take with you to the fiance visa interview is a statement by a senior bank official giving your average balance and details of any large transactions. I just wanted to know whether any of you had just taken along your bank statements as proof of assets.
Old Mar 10th 2008, 4:45 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond repute

Perhaps I didn't make myself clear enough. I wasn't complaining, I was just asking a question.

One of the items you have to take with you to the fiance visa interview is a statement by a senior bank official giving your average balance and details of any large transactions. I just wanted to know whether any of you had just taken along your bank statements as proof of assets.

What's the definition of large transactions? My semi-monthly payroll deposit could be considered large by some people's standards. I've not read of anyone needing to add details about large transactions. I don't think you should worry about 'large' transactions. They are more interested in how long the account's been open, and average daily balance, and perhaps average monthly deposits.
Old Mar 10th 2008, 4:47 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

As I mentioned, I went ahead and included the bank letter as well. But the letter didn't give any details of large transactions. It just gave an average balance.

Rene
Old Mar 10th 2008, 4:47 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Some people have taken that letter along. Others can not get one from their bank for love or money, so they have to find alternate evidence.

I did use bank statements and investment account statements as proof of my assets. But if you're using I-134 for a K-1 visa, I don't think there's a formula for using assets; mine was the I-864.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.