Reload this Page >

Bank Letter Necessary for AOS?

Wikiposts

Bank Letter Necessary for AOS?

Old May 21st 2003, 3:56 am
Forum Regular

tcylinder is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Bank Letter Necessary for AOS?

K1 filing AOS forms. Ordered them online and got them in the mail.

I.

Directions for I-485 dated 02/07/00 don't ask for bank letter and only one pay stubb.

They also sent me a "i-485 notice" in the package dated 02/99 stating that I should send pay statements for 2 months prior to filing as well as a letter from the bank detailing my accounts and "the current and previous year's IRS W-2 (wage and tax statement) from your employer.

According to the Affidavit of Support directions, because I'm was required to file for past three years, have not filed jointly, not using assets and I am above the 125% poverty level, all I need to send is my past three year's federal tax returns.

Should I just follow the directions of the more current form directions and ignore this older "i-485" notice? Confused as to why they would send this older notice.

II.

I'm almost positive that the package doesn't have to be acco-fastened and labeled like the original I-129 petition, correct?
I've paper-clipped any pages that go together instead of stapelling and am clipping each of the three main sets of forms with one of those black "clamp-like" clips to hold everything in place snug. sound good?

III.

A# on every doc a good idea just in case something gets dropped or lost?

Last edited by tcylinder; May 21st 2003 at 5:12 am.
Old May 21st 2003, 5:35 am
BE Enthusiast

Duckie is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Bank Letter Necessary for AOS?

Originally posted by tcylinder
the pack you got seams to be the same as the online package you can download from bcis website.
I.

Directions for I-485 dated 02/07/00 don't ask for bank letter and only one pay stubb.

They also sent me a "i-485 notice" in the package dated 02/99 stating that I should send pay statements for 2 months prior to filing as well as a letter from the bank detailing my accounts and "the current and previous year's IRS W-2 (wage and tax statement) from your employer.

According to the Affidavit of Support directions, because I'm was required to file for past three years, have not filed jointly, not using assets and I am above the 125% poverty level, all I need to send is my past three year's federal tax returns.

Should I just follow the directions of the more current form directions and ignore this older "i-485" notice? Confused as to why they would send this older notice.
as i read it (the instructions which require the most should be used) so if i-485 says only to include on pay stub, and i-864 - the actual affiadavit of support wants 2, then you need to send in 2. as i read the i-864 you are not required to send in a bank letter if you dont want to use assets. it is interesting that the i-864 requires less than the i-134 (which needs a statement from bank, though only deposit, not withdrawels in the last 12 months). even i will include that statement of bank in the i-864 when i file the aos - and usually i think only to include the minimum - but not in this case.
II.

I'm almost positive that the package doesn't have to be acco-fastened and labeled like the original I-129 petition, correct?
I've paper-clipped any pages that go together instead of stapelling and am clipping each of the three main sets of forms with one of those black "clamp-like" clips to hold everything in place snug. sound good?
sounds good - i would still staple documents that are more than one page together - so they cannot be seperated by accident. just leave the g-325a alone - they go all in differant locations. did not read through the whole i-485 package - but the i-129f talked about the order in which the documents should be - if you cannot find that - just leave them in the order of the 35 pages pdf (and take the i-130 out if not needed - and possibly replace the medical with the vaccination supplement).
III.

you have to put your alien registration number everywhere it asks for it. you are just a number to them - so be nice and help them find you in the computer
Old May 21st 2003, 5:38 am
ScarlettHill

Originally posted by tcylinder

I.

II.

III.

Hi,

We didn't use a bank letter and ours went through fine, even though the latest tax return didn't show enough! We did, however, prove he had made enough with extra evidence, which swung it for us since the tax forms didn't make it.

Regards
-=-
Scarlett

Old May 21st 2003, 7:41 am
Forum Regular

tcylinder is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Duckie
the pack you got seams to be the same as the online package you can download from bcis website.

i think the package you get in the mail has that "i-485 notice" supplement dated 02/99 that you don't get on the website PDF which was is what was confusing me but now I see that it actually says that it states "that the evidence COULD consist of Job letters, Pay statements for 2 months prior to your appl, Current and previous years' IRS W2's, Bank letters". Again this "notice" is dated older than the directions that come with the actual forms so I'm going to go with the actual directions on the forms. I've never heard of submitting W2's and 2 months of pay statements, for my tax situation and being a K1, so this seems out of date. Why they sent it, I don't know?

as i read it (the instructions which require the most should be used) so if i-485 says only to include on pay stub, and i-864 - the actual affiadavit of support wants 2, then you need to send in 2. as i read the i-864 you are not required to send in a bank letter if you dont want to use assets. it is interesting that the i-864 requires less than the i-134 (which needs a statement from bank, though only deposit, not withdrawels in the last 12 months). even i will include that statement of bank in the i-864 when i file the aos - and usually i think only to include the minimum - but not in this case.

Again it is that "notice" supplement that stated 2months of paystubs. Seems like overkill to me.
I guess they only want to see deposits to make sure you are consistently contributing money that you are earning somehow to a stable account. Them not caring about withdrawls seems on par with the, in my opinion, very low poverty level figures. On my measly salary, I can support a household of 7 according to the guidelines.

sounds good - i would still staple documents that are more than one page together - so they cannot be seperated by accident. just leave the g-325a alone - they go all in differant locations. did not read through the whole i-485 package - but the i-129f talked about the order in which the documents should be - if you cannot find that - just leave them in the order of the 35 pages pdf (and take the i-130 out if not needed - and possibly replace the medical with the vaccination supplement).

I agree about stapeling the docs. As for the order, I will use the PDF order for the three main applications forms ( AOS, EAD, AP) but within these three main groups will arrange the evidence in the order it is asked for in the directions for each form. So I should end up with three separate "bundles" with the AOS being the thickest as there are several forms that coincide with the I-485.

you have to put your alien registration number everywhere it asks for it. you are just a number to them - so be nice and help them find you in the computer
I am aware of including the A# on the form wherever it is asked for but I was talking about putting it in the margin somewhere on every page included in the package.
I am all for being nice too as I want to make this as easy as possible for them. I even wrote a friendly little note on a post it that I put on the AP form stating that the AP coincides with my AOS application which was sent in the same package. I don't want to get denied with "no pending AOS" because the AOS wasn't entered into the computer before they started processing the AP.

Thanks for your comment and help and for allowing me to write my tedious responses which help me to think through and understand everything the more I work on and think about it.