Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

Baltimore AOS Interview Success

Wikiposts

Baltimore AOS Interview Success

Old Apr 18th 2002, 7:10 am
Jlfb

Default Baltimore AOS Interview Success

My Canadian husband and I had a quick and easy interview at the Baltimore INS this
week. We were in the interviewer's office less than 10 minutes. She asked my husband
his name and address, the haveyouever questions and then asked to see both of our
birth certificates. I quickly showed her our folder of evidence; she put the copies
in our file and she stamped his passport before I could offer anything else including
the new I-864 and I864A. She showed him a piece of paper telling him when to file for
removal of conditions but did not asked him to sign it. We are relieved but it is a
bit of a letdown after all of our preparation.

Timeline: Filed Fiance petition 4/2000 K1 entry 7/2000 AOS filed 9/2000 Fingerprints
1/2001 Renewed EAD 8/2001 EAD expired 12/2001 2nd EAD 1/2002 2nd fingerprints 3/2002
AOS interview 4/2002

Our biggest hassle was that my husband was left for more than a month with no valid
EAD. I enlisted the help of my Congressman's office after a visit to the local INS in
December where he was told that no one could help him that day and the next visit
where we learned that they had mailed our interview letter to the wrong address. He
received the new card in late January. I later emailed my Congressman's office again
when I realized that the fingerprints would soon expire. A week later we received an
invitation to come down for another set of fingerprints.

Thanks to all for posting here.

Old Apr 18th 2002, 7:40 am
Andy Platt

Default Re: Baltimore AOS Interview Success

"jlfb" <[email protected]> wrote:

> but did not asked him to sign it. We are relieved but it is a bit of a letdown
    > after all of our preparation.

Congrats ... I know the feeling!

Andy.

--
I'm not really here - it's just your warped imagination.

Old Apr 18th 2002, 8:17 am
pharrya's troublen strife

ms_bhon has a brilliant futurems_bhon has a brilliant futurems_bhon has a brilliant futurems_bhon has a brilliant futurems_bhon has a brilliant futurems_bhon has a brilliant future

congrats to you! We were just dwon there ourselves for our succcessful AOS interview about 3 weeks ago.What a relief, eh?
Old Apr 19th 2002, 7:10 pm
Mrs Blackross

congrats! I know the letdown feeling you have...we had the same type of
interview...barely any questions, and no requests for all the tons of stuff we
brought. but the end result was the same. Gotta love the Baltimore office, eh?

--
Crazy Canuck married to a Dam Yankee Entered as Visitor 07/04/01 Married 08/25/01
Filed @ VSC-AOS, EAD, AP 01/07/02 1st NOA 02/06/02 2nd NOA 02/07/02 EAD approved
02/26/02 AP Approved 02/28/02 AOS appointment letter rec'd 03/07/02 Fingerprint
letter rec'd 03/07/02 AOS interview 04/02/02 AOS APPROVED 04/02/02!!! GC arrived in
mail 04/19/02 next step..removing conditions..April 2004

some helpful sites on the net:
http://www.mindspring.com/~docsteen/...o/visainfo.htm
http://www.k1faq.com/faq_index.htm
http://www.geocities.com/immigration...-130/index.htm

"jlfb" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
    > My Canadian husband and I had a quick and easy interview at the Baltimore INS this
    > week. We were in the interviewer's office less than 10 minutes. She asked my
    > husband his name and address, the haveyouever questions and then asked to see both
    > of our birth certificates. I quickly showed her our folder of evidence; she put the
    > copies in our file and she stamped his passport before I could offer anything else
    > including the new I-864 and I864A. She showed him a piece of paper telling him when
    > to file for removal of conditions but did not asked him to sign it. We are relieved
    > but it is a bit of a letdown after all of our preparation.
    >
    > Timeline: Filed Fiance petition 4/2000 K1 entry 7/2000 AOS filed 9/2000
    > Fingerprints 1/2001 Renewed EAD 8/2001 EAD expired 12/2001 2nd EAD 1/2002 2nd
    > fingerprints 3/2002 AOS interview 4/2002
    >
    > Our biggest hassle was that my husband was left for more than a month with no valid
    > EAD. I enlisted the help of my Congressman's office after a visit to the local INS
    > in December where he was told that no one could help him that day and the next
    > visit where we learned that they had mailed our interview letter to the wrong
    > address. He received the new card in late January. I later emailed my Congressman's
    > office again when I realized that the fingerprints would soon expire. A week later
    > we received an invitation to come down for another set of fingerprints.
    >
    > Thanks to all for posting here.

Old Apr 20th 2002, 7:40 am
Jlfb

I prefer the letdown feeling to the one I may have had if I hadn't discovered Alvena
and helpful, dedicated and intelligents posters like yourself on this newsgroup.
Thanks again!

"Andy Platt" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
    > "jlfb" <[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    > > but did not asked him to sign it. We are relieved but it is a bit of a letdown
    > > after all of our preparation.
    >
    > Congrats ... I know the feeling!
    >
    > Andy.