Wikiposts

Bah, Humbug! #2

Old Nov 15th 2007, 5:53 am

Englishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs down Bah, Humbug! #2

Grrrrr.

My husband has informed me that his company's "Holiday" party is going to be at the Rockefeller Center in NYC this year......on the same evening that all the Christmas tree lights go on. It's such an exciting atmosphere with the NBC TV cameras showing all the celebs and crowds singing carols and dancing at the ice rink.

Someone at work asked if spouses and partners could come along and yet again, they are excluded. (I'd be happy to pay as it would be nice to meet his colleagues and partners).

On the other hand, he will be at his company's Head Office in Canary Wharf in early December and has been invited to the London "Christmas Party" in Westminster (in a marquee, apparently). Spouses and partners ARE included (but I'll be in Hawaii) .

Bah, humbug......

My friend says that her boyfriend's company (a European investment bank) in NYC excludes spouses and partners too from their 'holiday' party.

Is this a widespread thing throughout the USA?
Old Nov 15th 2007, 5:55 am
Militant Ginger

Roland Hulme has a reputation beyond reputeRoland Hulme has a reputation beyond reputeRoland Hulme has a reputation beyond reputeRoland Hulme has a reputation beyond reputeRoland Hulme has a reputation beyond reputeRoland Hulme has a reputation beyond reputeRoland Hulme has a reputation beyond reputeRoland Hulme has a reputation beyond reputeRoland Hulme has a reputation beyond reputeRoland Hulme has a reputation beyond reputeRoland Hulme has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Bah, Humbug! #2

Originally Posted by Englishmum
Grrrrr.

My husband has informed me that his company's "Holiday" party is going to be at the Rockefeller Center in NYC this year......on the same evening that all the Christmas tree lights go on. It's such an exciting atmosphere with the NBC TV cameras showing all the celebs and crowds singing carols and dancing at the ice rink.

Someone at work asked if spouses and partners could come along and yet again, they are excluded. (I'd be happy to pay as it would be nice to meet his colleagues and partners).

On the other hand, he will be at his company's Head Office in Canary Wharf in early December and has been invited to the London "Christmas Party" in Westminster (in a marquee, apparently). Spouses and partners ARE included (but I'll be in Hawaii) .

Bah, humbug......

My friend says that her boyfriend's company (a European investment bank) in NYC excludes spouses and partners too from their 'holiday' party.

Yep, no partners or spouses with our Christmas party. I guess it's the norm.

Ice Skating at the GE Building! That sounds like fun!
Old Nov 15th 2007, 5:56 am
Septic Sprout

tonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond repute

Grrrrr.

Bah, humbug......

We don't have an Xmas party, but when I worked in my company's UK office we had two - one with partners and one without.
Old Nov 15th 2007, 6:06 am
BE Forum Addict

Deedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tonrob
We don't have an Xmas party, but when I worked in my company's UK office we had two - one with partners and one without.
dont think we do frig all either.... oh well i suppose i have to make my own..
Old Nov 15th 2007, 6:08 am

Redlippie is just really niceRedlippie is just really niceRedlippie is just really niceRedlippie is just really niceRedlippie is just really niceRedlippie is just really niceRedlippie is just really niceRedlippie is just really nice

Originally Posted by tonrob
That's just so you could snog the pretty secretary without being caught!
Old Nov 15th 2007, 6:50 am
BE Enthusiast

Britinsac has much to be proud ofBritinsac has much to be proud ofBritinsac has much to be proud ofBritinsac has much to be proud ofBritinsac has much to be proud ofBritinsac has much to be proud ofBritinsac has much to be proud ofBritinsac has much to be proud ofBritinsac has much to be proud ofBritinsac has much to be proud ofBritinsac has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Deedee13
dont think we do frig all either.... oh well i suppose i have to make my own..
Our company is so mean that if we want anything we have to arrange it and pay for it ourselves. It doesn't deter us though.We have a tuck shop where we can buy snacks and we use the profits to fund our Xmas party. People bring in dishes they made at home and we have a white elephant gift thing going on.. I have been luck so far - I have never got it.. I have enough crap to clear up with two dogs.
Old Nov 15th 2007, 7:33 am
Homebody

Elvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond repute

Grrrrr.
..............Is this a widespread thing throughout the USA?
Grrrrrrr indeed............. WTF
Old Nov 15th 2007, 7:53 am
Militant Ginger

Roland Hulme has a reputation beyond reputeRoland Hulme has a reputation beyond reputeRoland Hulme has a reputation beyond reputeRoland Hulme has a reputation beyond reputeRoland Hulme has a reputation beyond reputeRoland Hulme has a reputation beyond reputeRoland Hulme has a reputation beyond reputeRoland Hulme has a reputation beyond reputeRoland Hulme has a reputation beyond reputeRoland Hulme has a reputation beyond reputeRoland Hulme has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Elvira
Grrrrrrr indeed............. WTF
Yeah, you're right. Who'd want to party with their spouses?

Last time I went out to a work party with my wife, she got annoyed with me half way through and went home.
Old Nov 15th 2007, 8:37 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

company bash here invites the whole family....booze on tap....even in the summer party...only time they aren't invited is when we celeb a project completion like we did today....booze on tap and most people headed home afterwards as it was a late lunch and i'll be doing the same in a bit
Old Nov 15th 2007, 8:55 am
Lapine Member

snowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond repute

We don't HAVE a party any longer, too expensive. Now THAT's Scrooge for ya.
Old Nov 15th 2007, 9:09 am
Gotta have more cowbell

HoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond reputeHoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond reputeHoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond reputeHoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond reputeHoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond reputeHoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond reputeHoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond reputeHoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond reputeHoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond reputeHoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond reputeHoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond repute

I get nothing at my present employer either. No party, no bonus - be thankful I'm still employed more like it.

Anyway, when I worked for Enterprise Rent a Car, our Xmas parties were at the Hotel Nikko in San Francisco and partners were invited. They were some swell shindigs. Me with the kilt and all. Got funny looks from the blokes but my God, talk about beating the wummin off with a stick! Happy days
Old Nov 15th 2007, 9:34 am
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bob
company bash here invites the whole family....booze on tap....even in the summer party...only time they aren't invited is when we celeb a project completion like we did today....booze on tap and most people headed home afterwards as it was a late lunch and i'll be doing the same in a bit
Same here ..... for the Christmas party spouses are included but not kids.
Old Nov 15th 2007, 9:41 am
A lion in your lap

elfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Roland Hulme
Yep, no partners or spouses with our Christmas party. I guess it's the norm
We have to fork out $50 if we want to bring a guest to ours.

My company also has the "Annual Party" at the end of January every year - we assume it's because it would be more expensive to hire a decent venue in the weeks before Christmas.

My last company in London used to have a summer party instead of a Christmas do and every year it took the form of a booze cruise on the Thames.
Old Nov 15th 2007, 9:58 am
Militant Ginger

Originally Posted by Bob
My wife's company did that - free bar, plus canoing, bungee jumping, lobster buffet. It was held at this place that held a summer camp for kids. But it had a bar.
Old Nov 15th 2007, 10:16 am
Not dead yet

Thydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Roland Hulme
My wife's company did that - free bar, plus canoing, bungee jumping, lobster buffet. It was held at this place that held a summer camp for kids. But it had a bar.
Well the pigs, ducks, geese and cows shall be celebrating Christmas and they're happy with that

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.