Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

Average wait for interview notification? (London)

Wikiposts

Average wait for interview notification? (London)

Old Jun 10th 2010, 3:01 am
Forum Regular

Hairball is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Average wait for interview notification? (London)

Originally Posted by randomgirl
Hi everyone

I sent Packet 3 back to London on Saturday and they received it today. I was just wondering how long people have been waiting recently to get an interview date at the London Embassy - I know there's no hard and fast rule, but it'd be good to have an idea!

My medical is June 15th (2 weeks today) - it'd be really great if I got my interview letter maybe a week after that (from what I've read they usually give you about a month's notice of the interview). Am I being completely unrealistic hoping for an interview by the end of July?
I'm just trying to plan when I'll actually be able to be in Phoenix, I have to give 6 weeks notice at work and as much as I'd love to hand my notice in tomorrow I know I can't until I actually have my visa!

Thanks

I'm glad you wrote this post as my situation is very similar. I have my medical on 16th June and i sent my DS2001 back on 7th June.

I'm also on 6 weeks notice (annoyingly) and have my wedding party in the states on 4th September. I hope it comes together in time as i don't want to have to come back afterwards as these plane tickets aren't cheap.
Old Jun 11th 2010, 8:42 am
BE Enthusiast

randomgirl is a glorious beacon of lightrandomgirl is a glorious beacon of lightrandomgirl is a glorious beacon of lightrandomgirl is a glorious beacon of lightrandomgirl is a glorious beacon of lightrandomgirl is a glorious beacon of lightrandomgirl is a glorious beacon of lightrandomgirl is a glorious beacon of lightrandomgirl is a glorious beacon of lightrandomgirl is a glorious beacon of lightrandomgirl is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Hairball
I'm glad you wrote this post as my situation is very similar. I have my medical on 16th June and i sent my DS2001 back on 7th June.

I'm also on 6 weeks notice (annoyingly) and have my wedding party in the states on 4th September. I hope it comes together in time as i don't want to have to come back afterwards as these plane tickets aren't cheap.

Good luck, I hope it comes through for you in time!

Are you all set for your medical? Mine's the day before yours. I know it's nothing to worry about really but I always find a way to worry about everything... well, everything visa related!

Old Jun 13th 2010, 9:02 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by randomgirl
Good luck, I hope it comes through for you in time!

Are you all set for your medical? Mine's the day before yours. I know it's nothing to worry about really but I always find a way to worry about everything... well, everything visa related!

I think so. I have my immunisation records, I am getting my second MMR jab the day before. I have a photo, a passport and my questionnaire and 200 effin' quid!

Unless i have some dread disease then I should be OK. I'm sure I don't, but the thought comes to mind when it's something this important!

You all organised too?
Old Jun 14th 2010, 7:49 am
BE Enthusiast

randomgirl is a glorious beacon of lightrandomgirl is a glorious beacon of lightrandomgirl is a glorious beacon of lightrandomgirl is a glorious beacon of lightrandomgirl is a glorious beacon of lightrandomgirl is a glorious beacon of lightrandomgirl is a glorious beacon of lightrandomgirl is a glorious beacon of lightrandomgirl is a glorious beacon of lightrandomgirl is a glorious beacon of lightrandomgirl is a glorious beacon of light

I think so. I have my immunisation records, I am getting my second MMR jab the day before. I have a photo, a passport and my questionnaire and 200 effin' quid!

Unless i have some dread disease then I should be OK. I'm sure I don't, but the thought comes to mind when it's something this important!

You all organised too?

Yep - at least I think so! I know what you mean about the dreaded diseases thing - I'm also sure I don't have anything but because there's so much riding on this flippin' medical I've managed to convince myself I must have every awful disease going.

I'll just be glad when it's over tomorrow afternoon - and even more glad when I get an interview date! Hopefully soon...

Old Jun 21st 2010, 5:27 am
Forum Regular

wally007uk is an unknown quantity at this point

You all organised too?

Just to let you know, i had not had a MMR jab when i was little and i only needed one and the medical agreed, just one jab is enough, so dont put your sefl through it
Old Jun 21st 2010, 7:04 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by wally007uk
Just to let you know, i had not had a MMR jab when i was little and i only needed one and the medical agreed, just one jab is enough, so dont put your sefl through it
Darn, I went and had two. Nevermind, it got me an hour off of work.
Old Jun 23rd 2010, 5:23 am
Forum Regular

Zepherine has a reputation beyond reputeZepherine has a reputation beyond reputeZepherine has a reputation beyond reputeZepherine has a reputation beyond reputeZepherine has a reputation beyond reputeZepherine has a reputation beyond reputeZepherine has a reputation beyond reputeZepherine has a reputation beyond reputeZepherine has a reputation beyond reputeZepherine has a reputation beyond reputeZepherine has a reputation beyond repute

Hello all
Just wanted to add to this thread as I have just today received my interview date in the mail (wow and it was very emotional opening it up lol)
K1/K2 Visa interview for 20th July 8.30 am- I sent my IV15 back on June 9th - so it took just 14 days and had my medical Monday 21st June.
Hopefully I have worked out how to put my timeline in my signature !
Fingers crossed you don't have too much more of a wait