Wikiposts

Auto insurance grief

Old Oct 24th 2008, 7:45 am
In Orange County, CA.

cybersecretary has a reputation beyond reputecybersecretary has a reputation beyond reputecybersecretary has a reputation beyond reputecybersecretary has a reputation beyond reputecybersecretary has a reputation beyond reputecybersecretary has a reputation beyond reputecybersecretary has a reputation beyond reputecybersecretary has a reputation beyond reputecybersecretary has a reputation beyond reputecybersecretary has a reputation beyond reputecybersecretary has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Auto insurance grief

Originally Posted by thedudeabides
Hi all,

We moved to Florida last month after I went through DCF in London. Having a lot of problems obtaining the basics. Still have not received a social security number, although I did pass my Florida driving test (if driving round a parking lot could be construed as a test).

The latest cause for aggravation is auto insurance. Please could anyone recommend any auto insurance companies? I've wasted a lot of my time with Geico. Initially they were biting my hand off to insure me. I got a quote and everything. Later when I phoned them up to question something they suddenly decided that because I had only been in Florida for one month and only just passed my test that I was ineligible, despite their previous insistence that this wasn't a problem. It seems they are quite happy to use an Englishman to advertise their auto insurance, but not to insure them. I have been driving for 16 years with a no claims record, and 1 no fault claim when I was rear ended. It seems baffling that they will ensure a 16 year old, but not someone with 2 licenses and 16 years of experience.

thank you for reading any any advice
I had a terrible experience with Allstate which is too long and boring to go into but basically they left me for 2m with no insurance.

Try AAA they will sort you out with really good coverage.
Old Dec 2nd 2008, 3:45 pm
Just Joined

mycaptainchris is an unknown quantity at this point

I managed State Farm with no issues and not that pricey.
Old Dec 3rd 2008, 2:23 am
Queen of my house

tamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mycaptainchris
I managed State Farm with no issues and not that pricey.
I've had State Farm for 16 years now and love them (1 home break-in, and several fender benders, and 2 husbands). Presently, I have home, autos (teenage drivers, too), my kids' rental ins. on their college place. In the past I've had an umbrella, life, and temporary major medical (even that was reasonable). They were great with adding DH even though he had a Euro license at first.