Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

Attorney Dilemma - What do you guys think?

Attorney Dilemma - What do you guys think?

Old Dec 11th 2003, 1:18 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: UPDATE

Originally posted by Hebapotamus42
Oh, my. What a &!@#$%&*@#$!!!! I don't know how I would respond to such a load of crap, but you're definitely smart enough to go the rest of the way on your own. You'd do a better job, too. Wasn't your original lawyer impressed by your efficiency?
Good memory, Heba! Yes, she did say that. And, I should ask for a refund from her since I'm the one who showed her how to get security check results from the FBI...!!!

Look out consulate, 'cause here I come....on my own!!! :-))
Old Dec 11th 2003, 1:28 am

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Noorah101
Hi All

Just thought I'd update this thread for those interested....

I received a couple of emails from the attorney's associate.
Rene,
I know DA said somewhere that it would be highly inappropriate to telephone your atty at home and I agree. However, there must be someway to be in touch with her. Who's monitoring her work email addy? I wonder if that would be of any use?
Old Dec 11th 2003, 1:36 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by meauxna
Rene,
I know DA said somewhere that it would be highly inappropriate to telephone your atty at home and I agree. However, there must be someway to be in touch with her. Who's monitoring her work email addy? I wonder if that would be of any use?
Hi Mo

I thought of trying that too. Last time she was on a short vacation, she had put up an "away" response on her email. I figured for sure she'd do the same thing now, but I haven't checked. I'm tempted to forward the emails I've gotten from her associate to her....

Or, I'm tempted to just do my own thing for now and take it up with her when she's back in the office professionally.
Old Dec 11th 2003, 2:02 am
Overworked and exhausted

Hebapotamus42 has much to be proud ofHebapotamus42 has much to be proud ofHebapotamus42 has much to be proud ofHebapotamus42 has much to be proud ofHebapotamus42 has much to be proud ofHebapotamus42 has much to be proud ofHebapotamus42 has much to be proud ofHebapotamus42 has much to be proud ofHebapotamus42 has much to be proud ofHebapotamus42 has much to be proud ofHebapotamus42 has much to be proud of

Good memory, Heba! Yes, she did say that. And, I should ask for a refund from her since I'm the one who showed her how to get security check results from the FBI...!!!

LOL, I skimmed thru the old thread. You go, girl!!!
Old Dec 11th 2003, 2:56 pm
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute

LOL, I skimmed thru the old thread. You go, girl!!!

Heba!!! I love your cracking up smilie.

What is the RFE for on your I-130? Did I miss a thead about that?

Leslie
Old Dec 11th 2003, 3:00 pm
SUPER CRUNCHY BALCONY COW

Hypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Leslie66

Leslie
Yes you did, I remember her thread.. The RFE was for her I-129 You crackhead!!! LOL
I love your cracking up smilie too heba.. It is hilarious!!!
Old Dec 11th 2003, 3:02 pm

Hypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond repute

There ya go girlie!!! You rock
Old Dec 11th 2003, 3:05 pm
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Hypertweeky
Yes you did, I remember her thread.. The RFE was for her I-129 You crackhead!!! LOL
I love your cracking up smilie too heba.. It is hilarious!!!

Read her timeline you twit!!
Old Dec 11th 2003, 3:09 pm

Read her timeline you twit!!
Ouch
Sorry!!
When did you get the RFE Heba??
Old Dec 11th 2003, 3:29 pm
BE Forum Addict

Caro is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi All

Just thought I'd update this thread for those interested....

I received a couple of emails from the attorney's associate. Basically she is saying the $750 I paid only covered the filing of the I-129F! If that's all it covered, then why is my attorney the "attorney on record" and all further correspondence from the embassy goes to her? The associate is quoting me $1,000 to submit Packet 3, or $500 to have her review the documents before I send it off to the consulate. She said she didn't realize my attorney had filed the I-129F for me - she thought I was doing this on my own and that's why she billed me after our meeting 2 weeks ago. That shows me how much she and my own attorney communicate, and how much she reviewed my file before meeting with me!!!

This is total BS, in my opinion. That's it. I'm doing the rest on my own - and now I'll quit whining about it, too. Sometime in late January I'll contact my own attorney when she's back from her leave, and hash this all out with her.

I'm totally disgusted in case you can't tell.

Rene
Hi Rene,

I am sorry to hear that the associate is trying to take you for a ride and not knowing what she is doing. Do you have her quotation in writing? I hope so, because I would keep these and then go see the other atty and complain that you had to do the rest yourself and all that, when it was her job. Doesn't change the fact that you'll still have do P3 yourself, but at least you might get something out of it. It is just wrong of them to do this to you!

Good luck!

Caroline
Old Dec 11th 2003, 3:32 pm
WTF?

Originally posted by Hypertweeky
Ouch
Sorry!!
When did you get the RFE Heba??

You're forgiven.
Old Dec 11th 2003, 4:38 pm
Overworked and exhausted

Hebapotamus42 has much to be proud ofHebapotamus42 has much to be proud ofHebapotamus42 has much to be proud ofHebapotamus42 has much to be proud ofHebapotamus42 has much to be proud ofHebapotamus42 has much to be proud ofHebapotamus42 has much to be proud ofHebapotamus42 has much to be proud ofHebapotamus42 has much to be proud ofHebapotamus42 has much to be proud ofHebapotamus42 has much to be proud of

Leslie
The RFE is for the marriage certificate and translation. I know it looks pretty stupid. I got in yesterday. Took me totally by surprise. Don't know if I'm going to change plans now or what.
Old Dec 11th 2003, 4:47 pm
WTF?

The RFE is for the marriage certificate and translation. I know it looks pretty stupid. I got in yesterday. Took me totally by surprise. Don't know if I'm going to change plans now or what.
What do you mean change plans???? Why would this affect your plans?
Old Dec 11th 2003, 4:50 pm

What do you mean change plans???? Why would this affect your plans?
Yeah tell us please!!!!
Old Dec 11th 2003, 4:50 pm

You're forgiven.
Yay

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.