Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

Arlington experience, so far

Wikiposts

Arlington experience, so far

Old May 1st 2002, 4:40 am
Kim R.

Default Arlington experience, so far

I had a 9:30am appointment this morning at Arlington INS to pick up my EAD card. I
got there at 7:15 am. I wanted to be early as I didn't know what to expect. The line
outside at that point was about the length of a city block, so I got in at the end.
The line started to move around 7:45AM. I got inside and went through the metal
detector and went to the room my letter said. They had a tray in which we were
supposed to put our letter from INS, which I did. Well, about 5 min. later, a woman
came in and said this room was only for people who missed their appointment. If we
had an appointment today, we were to wait across the hall.

So, I took my paper out of the stack (not sure if I was supposed to) and went across
the hall. There I found a basic holding cell for people with various forms waiting
for their time. I asked an INS official if I was in the right place and he pretty
much grunted and brushed me off. The officials were very rude and unhelpful. I got
much more information by talking to the other people waiting.

Finally a woman came in and asked me for my form. About 15 minutes later, she came
back and told us all to move back to the first room. I had barely sat down again when
they called my name. I showed my ID, got my fingerprint taken, and my photos done and
they gave me my new EAD. Once they called my name, I was out in about 5 minutes! I
left INS by 9AM.

So, I was in the door by 8:00AM and out by 9:00AM. It was all pretty easy I thought.
I hope my fingerprints next month and my interview in January go as smoothly!

--
Kim R. http://www.somebuddy.net http://rous.com

Old May 6th 2002, 11:40 pm
Andy Platt

Default Re: Arlington experience, so far

"Kim R." <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
    > I had a 9:30am appointment this morning at Arlington INS to pick up my EAD card. I
    > got there at 7:15 am. I wanted to be early as I didn't know what to expect. The
    > line outside at that point was about the length of a city

Just an FYI for others out there. If you have an appointment at Arlington, the best
thing to do is appear about 15 minutes before it. Certainly for EADs they just kick
you out of the waiting room until they have finished with the previous group. If
there still a line outside you can pretty much ignore it if you have an appointment.

Andy.

--
I'm not really here - it's just your warped imagination.