Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

Arizona I-130 and I-485 filing question. Help Please!

Wikiposts

Arizona I-130 and I-485 filing question. Help Please!

Old Nov 19th 2004, 1:14 pm
Just Joined

James Barclay is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Arizona I-130 and I-485 filing question. Help Please!

Hey Renee,

Excellent info, thank you. Still unclear about one thing though - lets assume that it takes two years in arizona to my interview - so from a dateline perspective, no conditions would be attached, as it has been two years ........however, is it possible that after two years a security check will still not have been done???
Old Nov 19th 2004, 1:18 pm
BE Forum Addict

sphyrapicus is a splendid one to beholdsphyrapicus is a splendid one to beholdsphyrapicus is a splendid one to beholdsphyrapicus is a splendid one to beholdsphyrapicus is a splendid one to beholdsphyrapicus is a splendid one to beholdsphyrapicus is a splendid one to beholdsphyrapicus is a splendid one to beholdsphyrapicus is a splendid one to beholdsphyrapicus is a splendid one to beholdsphyrapicus is a splendid one to behold

Please note that you don't file I-485 locally in Arizona as of December 1st, 2004. All I-485s, I-131s, and I-765s are now being sent directly to one address in Chicago.

See my post http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=267623
Old Nov 19th 2004, 2:53 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by James Barclay
Hey Renee,

Excellent info, thank you. Still unclear about one thing though - lets assume that it takes two years in arizona to my interview - so from a dateline perspective, no conditions would be attached, as it has been two years ........however, is it possible that after two years a security check will still not have been done???
Hi James,

Let's say you get married after arrival on a K1, on Jan 31, 2004, and you get your NOA receipt date for you AOS application dated March 31, 2004. If Phoenix gives you an interview after Jan 31, 2006, you will get LPR status (legal permanent resident...I think L is for legal). No problem there. If your interview occurs before Jan 31, 2006, you will get CPR status (conditional permanent resident), and you will have apply within 90 days before Jan 31, 2008 to have them removed. There's no difference between an LPR and CPR status when it comes to traveling and working...neither AP nor EAD are necessary at that point.

One would think that security checks would be done by the time 2 years have passed....however, I don't know at what point they get started, nor how long they take. I also don't know if at some point they do one, and it expires...they might need to do another one. I'm thinking the security check is started when they do your fingerprinting for AOS. I also recall hearing that fingerprints are valid for 12 to 15 months. So if it takes tooooo long for your interview, they may end up doing another set of prints and re-running your security check....which may not be done by the time your interview comes.

I think there's no way to know until your turn comes up.

Rene
p.s. - thanks to sphy for the update on mailing forms. Thank you very much!
Old Nov 20th 2004, 1:59 am
Just Joined

James Barclay is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs up Re: Arizona I-130 and I-485 filing question. Help Please!

Hey Rene,

Your response was so good I almost feel guilty for not paying for it!!

Thank you!
Old Nov 20th 2004, 3:02 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by James Barclay
Hey Rene,

Your response was so good I almost feel guilty for not paying for it!!

Thank you!
You're welcome, James! You can pay me in karma LOL

Rene