Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

Argentine fiance-NO ENGLISH-filing DS 156

Wikiposts

Argentine fiance-NO ENGLISH-filing DS 156

Old Jul 23rd 2002, 7:20 am
Shkennotstirred

Default Argentine fiance-NO ENGLISH-filing DS 156

another question about my fiance from Argentina and the DS 156 form...he downloaded
all the forms that the embassy will eventually send to him (we are still waiting on
approval from Vermont) in order to practice filling them out. however, he speaks very
little english and doesn't understand all the questions. so i decided to fill out a
copy of everything and mail it to him so he can just copy the answers and sign. then
i came across question 36 on form DS 156: "i certify that i have read and understood
all the questions set forth in this application.....". he can't truthfully sign there
unless a) i translate the entire form for him or b) i sign in question 35 that i have
prepared the application for him....can i do that? which option is best? and is it
possible that the forms the embassy eventually sends him will have Spanish
translations? much thanks, jane

Old Jul 23rd 2002, 8:20 am
Mrtravel

Default Re: Argentine fiance-NO ENGLISH-filing DS 156

The Embassy should have forms in Spanish. Additionally, they might have additonal
questions on their forms.

Shkennotstirred wrote:
    >
    > another question about my fiance from Argentina and the DS 156 form...he downloaded
    > all the forms that the embassy will eventually send to him (we are still waiting on
    > approval from Vermont) in order to practice filling them out. however, he speaks
    > very little english and doesn't understand all the questions. so i decided to fill
    > out a copy of everything and mail it to him so he can just copy the answers and
    > sign. then i came across question 36 on form DS 156: "i certify that i have read
    > and understood all the questions set forth in this application.....". he can't
    > truthfully sign there unless a) i translate the entire form for him or b) i sign in
    > question 35 that i have prepared the application for him....can i do that? which
    > option is best? and is it possible that the forms the embassy eventually sends him
    > will have Spanish translations? much thanks, jane