Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

Appt at US Consulate - what happens if you have to see the VCO?

Wikiposts

Appt at US Consulate - what happens if you have to see the VCO?

Old Jun 23rd 2010, 5:16 am
BE Enthusiast

discoviking has a reputation beyond reputediscoviking has a reputation beyond reputediscoviking has a reputation beyond reputediscoviking has a reputation beyond reputediscoviking has a reputation beyond reputediscoviking has a reputation beyond reputediscoviking has a reputation beyond reputediscoviking has a reputation beyond reputediscoviking has a reputation beyond reputediscoviking has a reputation beyond reputediscoviking has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Appt at US Consulate - what happens if you have to see the VCO?

Originally Posted by ian-mstm
If a visa has been denied, you can always submit a waiver.
That's not entirely correct, Ian. It depends on the inadmissibility. An alien found inadmissible under INA 212(a)(9)(c)(i) for example, are not eligible to file an immigrant waiver until 10 years has been spent outside the US,

False claim to US citizenship also comes to mind.

Pedantic, I know.....

Last edited by discoviking; Jun 23rd 2010 at 5:18 am.
Old Jun 23rd 2010, 6:39 am
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by discoviking
Pedantic, I know.....
No worries... I'm often just as pedantic!

Ian
Old Jun 25th 2010, 12:23 am
BE Enthusiast

NatashaB has a reputation beyond reputeNatashaB has a reputation beyond reputeNatashaB has a reputation beyond reputeNatashaB has a reputation beyond reputeNatashaB has a reputation beyond reputeNatashaB has a reputation beyond reputeNatashaB has a reputation beyond reputeNatashaB has a reputation beyond reputeNatashaB has a reputation beyond reputeNatashaB has a reputation beyond reputeNatashaB has a reputation beyond repute

Just thought i would update on this as we had our visa appointment today. Short story - the visa was approved.

Slightly longer story - we answered all questions honestly on the DS160 which obviously flagged something on their system and husband was asked to fill in a VCU form when we arrived and had our fingerprints done at the counter. We had an hour or so wait and were called to the second stage counter - the one we were called to was number 17 which is slightly different to the other normal counters as it was enclosed like an office.

Didn't get quite the grilling we expected, the guy first asked the expected questions about the role husband was going to in the US and the company. He then asked about the overstay and what my husband did during the time he wasn't a minor (nothing - his parents supported him). He asked if husband was aware that his overstay should have triggered a 10 year ban and asked if he had ever been stopped whilst travelling on a VW - husband said no to both as he was oblivious to the overstay at the time. He sent us off to pay the application fee (I think) of $105 dollars and come back - he told us that the visas were approved.
Old Jun 25th 2010, 5:32 am
crg
American Expat

crg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by discoviking
False claim to US citizenship also comes to mind.
There are nonimmigrant waivers for false claim to USC, just not immigrant waivers. I'd have to look into 9C.

Last edited by crg; Jun 25th 2010 at 5:37 am.
Old Jun 25th 2010, 8:16 am
BE Enthusiast

discoviking has a reputation beyond reputediscoviking has a reputation beyond reputediscoviking has a reputation beyond reputediscoviking has a reputation beyond reputediscoviking has a reputation beyond reputediscoviking has a reputation beyond reputediscoviking has a reputation beyond reputediscoviking has a reputation beyond reputediscoviking has a reputation beyond reputediscoviking has a reputation beyond reputediscoviking has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by crg
There are nonimmigrant waivers for false claim to USC, just not immigrant waivers. I'd have to look into 9C.
I know there is a non-immigrant waiver available for false claim to US citizenship, that was not the point I was getting at.
Old Jun 25th 2010, 12:18 pm
BE Enthusiast

henryh has a reputation beyond reputehenryh has a reputation beyond reputehenryh has a reputation beyond reputehenryh has a reputation beyond reputehenryh has a reputation beyond reputehenryh has a reputation beyond reputehenryh has a reputation beyond reputehenryh has a reputation beyond reputehenryh has a reputation beyond reputehenryh has a reputation beyond reputehenryh has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by NatashaB
{update}
Thanks for the feedback.