Wikiposts

Approved at TSC!!

Old Jan 14th 2004, 3:38 am
Forum Regular

JJ&ST is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Approved at TSC!!

Approved online Dec 22. 2003 Waiting time 144days.

Called NVC on phone,said they received approval notice fromTSC 12/24/03 and mailed packet to Nigeria consulate in Lagos on 12/3/03.

Received approval notice from NVC: 1/3/04 and NOA2 hardcopy from TSC on 1/12/04. I am very happy about this developments!!!!

1 At this stage,what is expected of me the the USC fiancee to be gathering for my fiance interview?

2. NVC said it will take 4 wks for the packet to arrive Lagos,how true is this? and am I supposed to call the consulate to confirm receipt and mail out packet 3 to fiance? Or do I send him approval copy to collect it himself?

3. Please let anyone with experience from that end share his or her experience with me please.

Hope to read from someone soon. Thanks!!!!
Old Jan 14th 2004, 3:39 am
BE Forum Addict

dutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Approved at TSC!!

Originally posted by JJ&ST

Called NVC on phone,said they received approval notice fromTSC 12/24/03 and mailed packet to Nigeria consulate in Lagos on 12/3/03.

Received approval notice from NVC: 1/3/04 and NOA2 hardcopy from TSC on 1/12/04. I am very happy about this developments!!!!
Congrats....
Old Jan 14th 2004, 3:42 am
BE Enthusiast

cutenurse300 is an unknown quantity at this point

Congrats for your approval and the further process will go very smoothly now....Good luck!!!
Old Jan 14th 2004, 5:10 am
Forum Regular

ruthann1212 is an unknown quantity at this point

1 At this stage,what is expected of me the the USC fiancee to be gathering for my fiance interview?

2. NVC said it will take 4 wks for the packet to arrive Lagos,how true is this? and am I supposed to call the consulate to confirm receipt and mail out packet 3 to fiance? Or do I send him approval copy to collect it himself?

3. Please let anyone with experience from that end share his or her experience with me please.

Wow congrats! I am watching your case closely, my husband is in Nigeria. Please email me I'd love to chat with you! Take a look for posts by dageek they have helped me. Also do a search in the forum key word Lagos, or Nigeria. You will get stories there.
[email protected]
Ruthann
Old Jan 14th 2004, 5:15 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond repute

Congratulations!! Approvals have been positively pouring out of TSC lately! WOO HOO!!

As we are going through London, I have no idea how the Lagos Embassy handles the rest of the process. However, if they are like London, you should be able to email and/or call the Embassy to confirm that they have rec'd your case and mailed Packet 3.

Look on Lagos's website to confirm this. Also, when I called NVC, they gave me the phone number to London; you may want to call NVC so that they can give you the number.

Jamie
Old Jan 14th 2004, 5:19 am
BE Enthusiast

whistlestop01 has a spectacular aura aboutwhistlestop01 has a spectacular aura aboutwhistlestop01 has a spectacular aura about

Congratulations!!! Have you thought about filling in the Affidavit of Support form which has to be done by the USC. I know that your fiancee will get a paper form of this thru with her packet 3 forms but you might want to download it and start now rather than waiting. Just an idea!!! It is what my fiance did. The form is the I-134.

Good Luck
Old Jan 14th 2004, 5:23 am
SUPER CRUNCHY BALCONY COW

Hypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond repute

Hey CONGRATULATIONS!!!

It varies from consulate to consulate but this is what was included in my checklist:

-Ds-156 not signed.. must sign it at the interview.
-Passport (Doh lol)
-Birth certificate
-Marriage certificate
-I-134 (Affidavit of support)
-Visa fee 100 $ payable to the embassy
-Police certificate
-Medical Exam
-Photographs (2 passport sized)

It doesn't mention proof of relationship.. but I am bringing loads just in case.
Old Jan 14th 2004, 5:38 am
Forum Regular

I thank all of you that have responded to my posting!!! Yes I am getting ready the 134 affidavit,but just waiting till he gets interview date,so as to make it very recent. I hope that is alright?

As support to the 134 Affidavit; I only have :
- employer letter,
- income tax returns (how many years is required?)
- pay stubs!!(how many months or years?)
And Will those be enough?
I have a steady job and is above the poverty range!!

My bank account balance is not bouyant enough to present.!!! Please comment!!!!

Attn:ruthan1212

I have noted your email and will write you soon. Good to know we are heading to same country!!! But you mentioned "husband", are you already married? Is yours the 130 route?
Old Jan 14th 2004, 5:49 am
SUPER CRUNCHY BALCONY COW

Hypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond repute

I thank all of you that have responded to my posting!!! Yes I am getting ready the 134 affidavit,but just waiting till he gets interview date,so as to make it very recent. I hope that is alright?

As support to the 134 Affidavit; I only have :
- employer letter,
- income tax returns (how many years is required?)
- pay stubs!!(how many months or years?)
And Will those be enough?
I have a steady job and is above the poverty range!!

My bank account balance is not bouyant enough to present.!!! Please comment!!!!

Attn:ruthan1212

I have noted your email and will write you soon. Good to know we are heading to same country!!! But you mentioned "husband", are you already married? Is yours the 130 route?
Hey there!!

Ruthann is a K3'er.. that is why she is married. I am too
To substantiate the information regarding income and resources the sponsor should attach 2 or more of the following items to the affidavit:
-Notarized copies of his/her latest federal income tax return.
-A statement from his/her employer showing salady and the length and permanency of employment.
-A statement from an officer of a bank regarding his/her account, the date the account was opened, and the present balance.
-Any other evidence adequate to establish finantial ability to carry out his/her undertaking toward the applicant for what might be and indefinite period of time.

Hope that helps
Old Jan 14th 2004, 5:54 am
Forum Regular

Dorceia is an unknown quantity at this point

Congratulations!!!
Old Jan 14th 2004, 6:17 am
won't be long now!

SidAngelika is an unknown quantity at this point

Wonderful news for you.....long wait and now BREATH!!!!!!!
Good Luck on the rest of the process!
Old Jan 14th 2004, 6:32 am
BE Enthusiast

anyone4tea is just really niceanyone4tea is just really niceanyone4tea is just really niceanyone4tea is just really niceanyone4tea is just really niceanyone4tea is just really niceanyone4tea is just really niceanyone4tea is just really nice

Yahoo!

Well done, and congratulations!!!

Hoping to get mine soon!!! (Christmas 2004 probably )

Kath
Old Jan 21st 2004, 6:04 pm
BE Enthusiast

JeffB is an unknown quantity at this point

Dear JJ&ST,
Congrats on your approval, I know what it felt like when we finally got ours.
Hello and congrats to all that have been approved since my last post here on the forum, looks like lots of progress with so many old friends and new comrads.
Happy New Year too! and what a great new year it is.

"1 At this stage,what is expected of me the the USC fiancee to be gathering for my fiance interview?"

Do everything to get organized for the interview-Lagos wants your tax transcripts specifically to go with the I-134, yes, I said tax transcripts(3 years), from the IRS. I went to the local office here in MN for them and after our sob story, they even Offically stamped them for me.

"2. NVC said it will take 4 wks for the packet to arrive Lagos,how true is this? and am I supposed to call the consulate to confirm receipt and mail out packet 3 to fiance? Or do I send him approval copy to collect it himself?"

Don't make the same mistake I made about a simple task of sending Remi to to the Consulate to pick up the Interview Packet. They wont give out anything without that copy of your approval notice. If you call, the Consulate always says that the packet has been mailed, but I have yet to hear of one that was actually delivered. So after you call to make sure Lagos has the file from NVC, send your fiance with your approval copy and his passport to the Consulate to pick up the Interview Packet personally!

Hope this helps,
Jeff and Remi
Old Jan 28th 2004, 10:11 pm
Forum Regular

Originally posted by JeffB
Dear JJ&ST,
Congrats on your approval, I know what it felt like when we finally got ours.
Hello and congrats to all that have been approved since my last post here on the forum, looks like lots of progress with so many old friends and new comrads.
Happy New Year too! and what a great new year it is.

"1 At this stage,what is expected of me the the USC fiancee to be gathering for my fiance interview?"

Do everything to get organized for the interview-Lagos wants your tax transcripts specifically to go with the I-134, yes, I said tax transcripts(3 years), from the IRS. I went to the local office here in MN for them and after our sob story, they even Offically stamped them for me.

"2. NVC said it will take 4 wks for the packet to arrive Lagos,how true is this? and am I supposed to call the consulate to confirm receipt and mail out packet 3 to fiance? Or do I send him approval copy to collect it himself?"

Don't make the same mistake I made about a simple task of sending Remi to to the Consulate to pick up the Interview Packet. They wont give out anything without that copy of your approval notice. If you call, the Consulate always says that the packet has been mailed, but I have yet to hear of one that was actually delivered. So after you call to make sure Lagos has the file from NVC, send your fiance with your approval copy and his passport to the Consulate to pick up the Interview Packet personally!

Hope this helps,
Jeff and Remi

Hallo Jeff,

I am very grateful for your response above. They are well noted. We are for the K-1 fiance. Packet 3 is still being awaited in Nigeria. NVC say it will take 4wks. Hopefully it will get to them this month end. However all efforts to reach consulate in lagos on phone and email has been in vain.

I will keep you posted as events develop.
Old Jan 30th 2004, 11:57 am
Forum Regular

ruthann1212 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hallo Jeff,

I am very grateful for your response above. They are well noted. We are for the K-1 fiance. Packet 3 is still being awaited in Nigeria. NVC say it will take 4wks. Hopefully it will get to them this month end. However all efforts to reach consulate in lagos on phone and email has been in vain.

I will keep you posted as events develop.
Hello!

I was wondering if you heard anything yet? I am dying to hear how things go for the two of you.. Please mail if you get a chance..
Blessings
Ruthann