Approved in San Francisco....kinda

Wikiposts

Approved in San Francisco....kinda

Old Oct 29th 2004, 4:58 pm
Lance99

lance99 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Approved in San Francisco....kinda

Hi all,

I wanted to update you on our interview that we just had in San Francisco. We arrived at 7:30 for an 8:00 appointment, and unfortunately the guard wouldn't let me in with my phone as it has a camera function. I took it across the street to an immigration photo shop that stored it for $3. The guy was obviously VERY used to this as I didn't get any further than "I need to ask you a favor" and he said "three dollars to store a cellphone".

Once we got into the INS building, we waited in the waiting area until around 8:15. The interview itself lasted about 15 minutes. The officer asked for our identification (passports, driver's permit, and social). She talked to my wife about her student visa and general history in the US. She asked for proof of marriage, and we showed a lease, some insurance docs, and work health insurance info. She didn't look at any wedding photos but did ask how we met and about our wedding/reception. Frankly, the only part that was a little rough was that my wife couldn't remember all her key dates (i.e. - when she transfered schools and first entered the country). Also, the lease I presented wasn't signed, but with everything else - it ended not being an issue.

She told us that we were approved pending the background check, and my wife should get a letter and green card in the next few months! It's not over yet, but I think we're very close. I was impressed with the whole process, and I'm still in shock over the timeline for our case. Good luck to all that are still waiting.

Lance
Old Oct 29th 2004, 5:03 pm
Don't Know, Don't Care

inquisitive40 is a name known to allinquisitive40 is a name known to allinquisitive40 is a name known to allinquisitive40 is a name known to allinquisitive40 is a name known to allinquisitive40 is a name known to allinquisitive40 is a name known to allinquisitive40 is a name known to allinquisitive40 is a name known to allinquisitive40 is a name known to allinquisitive40 is a name known to all
Default Re: Approved in San Francisco....kinda

Originally Posted by lance99
Hi all,

I wanted to update you on our interview that we just had in San Francisco. We arrived at 7:30 for an 8:00 appointment, and unfortunately the guard wouldn't let me in with my phone as it has a camera function. I took it across the street to an immigration photo shop that stored it for $3. The guy was obviously VERY used to this as I didn't get any further than "I need to ask you a favor" and he said "three dollars to store a cellphone".

Once we got into the INS building, we waited in the waiting area until around 8:15. The interview itself lasted about 15 minutes. The officer asked for our identification (passports, driver's permit, and social). She talked to my wife about her student visa and general history in the US. She asked for proof of marriage, and we showed a lease, some insurance docs, and work health insurance info. She didn't look at any wedding photos but did ask how we met and about our wedding/reception. Frankly, the only part that was a little rough was that my wife couldn't remember all her key dates (i.e. - when she transfered schools and first entered the country). Also, the lease I presented wasn't signed, but with everything else - it ended not being an issue.

She told us that we were approved pending the background check, and my wife should get a letter and green card in the next few months! It's not over yet, but I think we're very close. I was impressed with the whole process, and I'm still in shock over the timeline for our case. Good luck to all that are still waiting.

Lance
Woohoo ,,, CONGRATS
Bummer about the background check, really hope when I get the interview in SF that the background checks are done. You filed a month ahead of me and already approved, great timeline.

I have to go to SF on Tuesday to pick up my EAD, any tips on parking??

Congrats again
Patrick
Old Oct 30th 2004, 4:22 am
Lance99

Thanks. Yea, I guess there are a couple of different background checks, and one of them takes while. All in all though, the whole AOS process and interview was pretty good. But, I better not speak to soon.

As for parking, I actually work around 15 minutes from the USCIS offices, so I used my work parking lot. There are several garages in the area, but the less expensive ones charge around $15/day or $6/hour. I also remember an outdoor lot around the area of Sansome and Pacific that is pretty reasonable. You probably will only need an hour to two, so hourly is the better deal I think. Good luck!

Originally Posted by inquisitive40
Woohoo ,,, CONGRATS
Bummer about the background check, really hope when I get the interview in SF that the background checks are done. You filed a month ahead of me and already approved, great timeline.

I have to go to SF on Tuesday to pick up my EAD, any tips on parking??

Congrats again
Patrick
Old Oct 30th 2004, 7:37 am
Don't Know, Don't Care

inquisitive40 is a name known to allinquisitive40 is a name known to allinquisitive40 is a name known to allinquisitive40 is a name known to allinquisitive40 is a name known to allinquisitive40 is a name known to allinquisitive40 is a name known to allinquisitive40 is a name known to allinquisitive40 is a name known to allinquisitive40 is a name known to allinquisitive40 is a name known to all

Thanks. Yea, I guess there are a couple of different background checks, and one of them takes while. All in all though, the whole AOS process and interview was pretty good. But, I better not speak to soon.

As for parking, I actually work around 15 minutes from the USCIS offices, so I used my work parking lot. There are several garages in the area, but the less expensive ones charge around $15/day or $6/hour. I also remember an outdoor lot around the area of Sansome and Pacific that is pretty reasonable. You probably will only need an hour to two, so hourly is the better deal I think. Good luck!
Thanks for the info, will report back what happens on Tuesday.
VERY interested in seeing how long it takes for your wife to be sent her green card.
Patrick

BTW what was her last name? Would there be a name reason for her security check not being completed?
Old Oct 30th 2004, 1:24 pm
Lance99

Her last name is definetly common, so that could be it.

Originally Posted by inquisitive40
Thanks for the info, will report back what happens on Tuesday.
VERY interested in seeing how long it takes for your wife to be sent her green card.
Patrick

BTW what was her last name? Would there be a name reason for her security check not being completed?
Old Oct 30th 2004, 4:50 pm
Don't Know, Don't Care

Her last name is definetly common, so that could be it.
Common for the US? Or her country?
Patrick
Old Oct 31st 2004, 4:20 am
Lurker, Part-time Poster

celinelopez will become famous soon enough

Congrats on the approval... $6 an hour on parking??? insane. And I thought $2/hr at the Westfield Mall in Sacramento was expensive...
Old Oct 31st 2004, 12:38 pm
BE Forum Addict

dutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond repute

Congratulations....
Old Nov 1st 2004, 5:26 am
Just Joined

Lorenzo Rojo is an unknown quantity at this point

The INS office is about a 15 minute walk from the Montgomery BART station.

I mentioned to the interviewing officer that they should update the interview appointment form letter about "No cameras" allowed in the building.

I think the 2 of the 3 bux from the camera store across the street ends up in the INS office general happy hour fund.

We are still waiting for the security check also. Our interview was in early September. We were sent an unofficial letter of approval by mistake the end of September. My wife went to the office to get her Passport stamp to be notified of the "Mistake". Our lawyer inquired, and was sent a letter back admitting the mistake, pending security check. I wrote a few letters to my government Represenatives to record the incompetance.

Good Luck,

"Too stupid to work for Caltrans"
"Too mean to work for the DMV"