Reload this Page >

Approved ESTA denied at airport - Applying for B2 now

Wikiposts

Approved ESTA denied at airport - Applying for B2 now

Old Nov 4th 2018, 1:38 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Approved ESTA denied at airport - Applying for B2 now

Unlikely to be the Cr1, lots of people visit without issue, the only thing you mentioned that may be of significance is the Pakistan Visa's.

Usually using VWP/B in process is not an issue, getting one is.
Old Nov 6th 2018, 7:06 am
Forum Regular

Muna_93 has a reputation beyond reputeMuna_93 has a reputation beyond reputeMuna_93 has a reputation beyond reputeMuna_93 has a reputation beyond reputeMuna_93 has a reputation beyond reputeMuna_93 has a reputation beyond reputeMuna_93 has a reputation beyond reputeMuna_93 has a reputation beyond reputeMuna_93 has a reputation beyond reputeMuna_93 has a reputation beyond reputeMuna_93 has a reputation beyond repute

Not that there's a chance to get one now anyway, but I wouldn't need an ACRO would I? I've never done anything outside the law, no warnings or cautions, nothing at all. Just turning over every possible outcome in my mind..

Also, without saying too much, through my job, I've worked with DHS and DoD before and my organisation is viewed favourably within USG. I'm also going to take a certificate that I received for completing a week-long workshop in the MENA region that DoD specifically invited me to. I just hope I get the chance to show my documents!

This is my list of documents that I'm taking, let me know if you see something missing:
-Passport (+copies)
-DS-160 Confirmation page
-Interview instructions page
-Passport photos
-Previously approved ESTA and ticket (Dec 2016)
-Previously approved ESTA and ticket (Nov 2018) - not used due to denial at airport
-Latest denied ESTA (that I applied as a last minute attempt from the airport)
-Letter explaining the entire situation
-Letter from work (saying I'm expected back) + pay slips + P60 form
-Lease for flat + tenancy renewal agreement until Sep 2019 + Letters from council confirming council tax
-Bank statement with sufficient funds
-Correspondence with cat sitter to cover original travel period of Nov 2nd to 17th Jan
-Copy of NOA1 (from ongoing CR-1 application)
-USC husband's passport copy
-Marriage certificate copy + a few photos from the wedding
-Renunciation certificate to show cancellation of Pakistani citizenship
Old Nov 6th 2018, 9:47 am
Account Closed

It is very unusual for paperwork to be looked at, normally they have the information they need on the application.
Old Nov 6th 2018, 9:30 pm
Forum Regular

stu_blue has a reputation beyond reputestu_blue has a reputation beyond reputestu_blue has a reputation beyond reputestu_blue has a reputation beyond reputestu_blue has a reputation beyond reputestu_blue has a reputation beyond reputestu_blue has a reputation beyond reputestu_blue has a reputation beyond reputestu_blue has a reputation beyond reputestu_blue has a reputation beyond reputestu_blue has a reputation beyond repute

It's nothing to do with the CR1 as I've been over, 3 times since March this year to see my wife in the US. First time I was still at USCIS and last 2 visits I am at the NVC stage.

I go in on my ESTA every time and with no questions other than the purpose of the visit and how long I am staying.

Just switch roles and have him travel to the UK instead of you travelling to the US. Sounds like that's your only option until the CR1 process is complete in around another 9 to 12 months.
Old Nov 7th 2018, 12:25 am
Account Closed

Well find out tomorrow who is visiting who.
Old Nov 7th 2018, 1:41 am
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Bring what you have and I hope they give you a legitimate reason why the approved ESTA was rescinded. Crossing fingers that it was a mistake and can be rectified quickly so you can come and spend the holiday with your husband.
Old Nov 8th 2018, 7:41 am
Forum Regular

Tkd67 has a reputation beyond reputeTkd67 has a reputation beyond reputeTkd67 has a reputation beyond reputeTkd67 has a reputation beyond reputeTkd67 has a reputation beyond reputeTkd67 has a reputation beyond reputeTkd67 has a reputation beyond reputeTkd67 has a reputation beyond reputeTkd67 has a reputation beyond reputeTkd67 has a reputation beyond reputeTkd67 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by stu_blue
It's nothing to do with the CR1 as I've been over, 3 times since March this year to see my wife in the US. First time I was still at USCIS and last 2 visits I am at the NVC stage.

I go in on my ESTA every time and with no questions other than the purpose of the visit and how long I am staying.

Just switch roles and have him travel to the UK instead of you travelling to the US. Sounds like that's your only option until the CR1 process is complete in around another 9 to 12 months.
I agree with stu, it can't be nothing to do with the CR1, as I've travelled around the same number of times, within the USCIS time frame and the upcoming trip will be at the NVC stage. Hope all goes well at your interview....

Old Nov 8th 2018, 8:37 am
Account Closed

Wonder what happened.
Old Nov 10th 2018, 7:31 am
Forum Regular

stu_blue has a reputation beyond reputestu_blue has a reputation beyond reputestu_blue has a reputation beyond reputestu_blue has a reputation beyond reputestu_blue has a reputation beyond reputestu_blue has a reputation beyond reputestu_blue has a reputation beyond reputestu_blue has a reputation beyond reputestu_blue has a reputation beyond reputestu_blue has a reputation beyond reputestu_blue has a reputation beyond repute

For them to do that it's something serious I would of thought
Old Nov 11th 2018, 11:25 am
Forum Regular

Muna_93 has a reputation beyond reputeMuna_93 has a reputation beyond reputeMuna_93 has a reputation beyond reputeMuna_93 has a reputation beyond reputeMuna_93 has a reputation beyond reputeMuna_93 has a reputation beyond reputeMuna_93 has a reputation beyond reputeMuna_93 has a reputation beyond reputeMuna_93 has a reputation beyond reputeMuna_93 has a reputation beyond reputeMuna_93 has a reputation beyond repute

Hello all! Update: You all were right, B2 denied. Official reason given: They didn't think I'd come back.

I had 3 interviews (which I don't think is normal). The first interview, the man at the counter said he couldn't see why I was denied ESTA and sent me to a more formal interview in a private room. In the second interview, they took photocopies of all the paperwork that I'd brought with me (including wedding photographs) and I was asked questions such as "Is there a mosque in *husband's area of residence*"... I said I had no idea (my husband is not practising), but at this point I understood that I wasn't going to get this visa. The third interview lasted about 30 seconds, if that. The woman at the counter asked me the same questions I'd been asked by the previous 2 officers, but she was much more short and instantly disinterested in my answers. She wasn't even looking at me, and was already asking the next question before I had finished answering the first.

I feel like I definitely got profiled..

ANYWAY, the husband is coming here now, he managed to get 2 weeks off. Far from the 2 months I was intending to spend there, but we'll take anything at this point. I'm hearing that CR-1 applications are speeding up so going to focus on the positives.

Thanks to everyone for all the well wishes and also for somewhat preparing me mentally for a denial. The last week has been tough, but I have learnt so much. In the long run, this was just a minor setback. Life goes on!
Old Nov 12th 2018, 3:09 am
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you for returning and letting us know the outcome of your B-2 visa interview. I can't believe that you were asked about a location of a mosque in the US that your husband attends. You have handled all of this with grace and maturity. Your husband is so lucky to have a wife of your caliber. Hoping the rest of the CR-1 visa process is smooth sailing.
Old Nov 12th 2018, 3:44 am
Account Closed

The third interview was a continuation of the second so really just one that was interrupted by the second.

Now quite what the second one was about is impossible to say. Not usual.

I would have expected the 1st/3rd interview.
Old Nov 12th 2018, 4:42 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Rete
Thank you for returning and letting us know the outcome of your B-2 visa interview. I can't believe that you were asked about a location of a mosque in the US that your husband attends. You have handled all of this with grace and maturity. Your husband is so lucky to have a wife of your caliber. Hoping the rest of the CR-1 visa process is smooth sailing.
You are so kind to say that, Rete. This almost made me cry. It was honestly shocking the questions I was asked, but glad it's in the past. Thank you.