Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

Approved AOS in Chicago

Wikiposts

Approved AOS in Chicago

Old May 23rd 2002, 4:20 am
Eastern Europea

Default Approved AOS in Chicago

We had our AOS interview yesterday in Chicago. This is the story: After driving all
night and being in traffic for 2 hours, we finally were entering Federal Building on
Jackson and Dearborn around 9a.m. This is the new place for AOS interviews. Security
part took like 2 min, we were following letter’s instructions and went to the
2nd floor, gave letter to the receptionist and waited for about 30 min. The
receptionist called my husband name and told us to go to the 23rd floor. We put our
documents in the big wine box and everybody were looking and trying to read wine
labels. After less than 5 min we submitted letter to the 23rd floor receptionist,
officer Lee called our names and we went to her office. She was pleasant, but not
very into conversation, just doing her job, and I think its good, because not many
questions were asked. She asked my husband all the questions from original I-485, his
parents names, current address, I’ve noticed that his file had original K-1 ,
all supporting documents that we ever sent to INS or consulate. She wanted to see new
updated I-864 and gave it back, kept copies of 3 years tax returns with W-2s, most
current and the oldest phone bills and bank statement. She also kept EAD and I-94
from the passport and I saw her writing : APPROVED on the I-94. The passport was
stamped for 1 year with IF-1 permanent residence. The very strange thing is that she
gave us letter of approving, which was typed before our interview.

My friend also had her interview this morning with the same lady, she didn’t
even ask for any documents, just stamped her passport and that’s it! Good luck
for all of you who waiting for their AOS and thanks to everybody in this newsgroup
for help and info!

Old May 23rd 2002, 5:20 am
Andy Platt

Default Re: Approved AOS in Chicago

"eastern european princess" <[email protected]> wrote ...

> We had our AOS interview yesterday in Chicago.

Congrats. What was your timeline?

Andy.

--
I'm not really here - it's just your warped imagination.

Old May 23rd 2002, 2:20 pm
Shussbar

Congrats to you. Now wait for the Plastic GC. It took me 10 months to get it, and i
had to ask intervention from Congressman . it speed up the process big time at the
end. Let us know how long it will take. Congrats again, the Plastic is just a
regularization after all.

Old May 24th 2002, 4:20 am
Eastern Europea

Thanks. March 1999 - K-1 package sent to Nebraska April 1999 - K-1 approved July 15
1999 - K-1 visa received in Warsaw July 23 1999 - Arrived in Chicago July 26 1999 -
wedding August 2 1999 - AOS package mailed to Chicago INS Sept 1999 - EAD # 1 Sept
2000 - EAD # 2 June 2001 - fingerprinted in St Louis Sept 2001 - EAD # 3 May 22 2002
- AOS interview in Chicago, passport stamped with permanent residence.

"Andy Platt" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
    > "eastern european princess" <[email protected]> wrote ...
    >
    > > We had our AOS interview yesterday in Chicago.
    >
    > Congrats. What was your timeline?
    >
    > Andy.