Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

Approval Notice of relative Immigrant Visa Petition

Wikiposts

Approval Notice of relative Immigrant Visa Petition

Old Jul 8th 2010, 2:38 am
Forum Regular

indigogirl1976 has a reputation beyond reputeindigogirl1976 has a reputation beyond reputeindigogirl1976 has a reputation beyond reputeindigogirl1976 has a reputation beyond reputeindigogirl1976 has a reputation beyond reputeindigogirl1976 has a reputation beyond reputeindigogirl1976 has a reputation beyond reputeindigogirl1976 has a reputation beyond reputeindigogirl1976 has a reputation beyond reputeindigogirl1976 has a reputation beyond reputeindigogirl1976 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Approval Notice of relative Immigrant Visa Petition

Hi everyone,

I just recieved in the mail a one page Approval Notice of Relative Immigrant Visa Petition. to recap my husband (USC) and I (UK) are in the process of applying for an IR-1 visa via DCF at London. We filed the I-30 in April and now have recieved this Approval Notice if relative Immigrant Visa Petition.

There is no file number included on the letter and all it says is Your petition to classify the beneficiary as an immediate relative of a united states citizen has been forwarded to the United States Consulate in London. This completes all action by this service on the petition. The United States Cnsulate, which is part of the Department of State will contact the Beneficiary and give instruction aboutgetting a visa. Questions about getting a visa should be made to the United States consul.

So this makes me think I should wait to hear something from the US embassy in London before doing anything else. However at the bottom of the letter it says go to http://London.Usembassy.gov/ivprocess.html for information regarding the next stage of your immigrant processing. The page it directs me towards states I should now prepare for my appointment and should complete the DS-230, DS-2001 and gather all my supporting documents.

So i'm a little confused. Should I fill in the forms and mail them off to the embassy now or should I wait to hear something from the Embassy first?

Any thoughts are greatly appreciated!
Old Jul 8th 2010, 2:56 am

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Approval Notice of relative Immigrant Visa Petition

ig,

I don't understand your confusion. Yes, you should prepare now, and USCIS has shown you where to find the necessary information required by DoS.

When DoS (the consular section in London) contacts you to submit your visa application, you'll be ready.

Regards, JEff

Originally Posted by indigogirl1976
Hi everyone,

I just recieved in the mail a one page Approval Notice of Relative Immigrant Visa Petition. to recap my husband (USC) and I (UK) are in the process of applying for an IR-1 visa via DCF at London. We filed the I-30 in April and now have recieved this Approval Notice if relative Immigrant Visa Petition.

There is no file number included on the letter and all it says is Your petition to classify the beneficiary as an immediate relative of a united states citizen has been forwarded to the United States Consulate in London. This completes all action by this service on the petition. The United States Cnsulate, which is part of the Department of State will contact the Beneficiary and give instruction aboutgetting a visa. Questions about getting a visa should be made to the United States consul.

So this makes me think I should wait to hear something from the US embassy in London before doing anything else. However at the bottom of the letter it says go to http://London.Usembassy.gov/ivprocess.html for information regarding the next stage of your immigrant processing. The page it directs me towards states I should now prepare for my appointment and should complete the DS-230, DS-2001 and gather all my supporting documents.

So i'm a little confused. Should I fill in the forms and mail them off to the embassy now or should I wait to hear something from the Embassy first?

Old Jul 8th 2010, 4:17 am

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by indigogirl1976

The sidebar of your link says:

Instructions for applicants

Applicants who have received a letter from the Immigrant Visa Unit at the Embassy advising them that an approved petition has been received in their name and of the case number accorded to their application, should follow this link for further information.

Note: Only applicants who been notified by the Immigrant Visa Unit that a petition has been received in their name should complete the visa application forms. Forms received without the applicant's case number will be discarded.

You need the letter from the IVU with your case number. You can get all your forms and paperwork prepared now, so that when your letter arrives, you can put the reply in the return post.
Your case number will start with LND.
Old Jul 8th 2010, 4:23 am
Forum Regular

indigogirl1976 has a reputation beyond reputeindigogirl1976 has a reputation beyond reputeindigogirl1976 has a reputation beyond reputeindigogirl1976 has a reputation beyond reputeindigogirl1976 has a reputation beyond reputeindigogirl1976 has a reputation beyond reputeindigogirl1976 has a reputation beyond reputeindigogirl1976 has a reputation beyond reputeindigogirl1976 has a reputation beyond reputeindigogirl1976 has a reputation beyond reputeindigogirl1976 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by meauxna
The sidebar of your link says:

Instructions for applicants

Applicants who have received a letter from the Immigrant Visa Unit at the Embassy advising them that an approved petition has been received in their name and of the case number accorded to their application, should follow this link for further information.

Note: Only applicants who been notified by the Immigrant Visa Unit that a petition has been received in their name should complete the visa application forms. Forms received without the applicant's case number will be discarded.

You need the letter from the IVU with your case number. You can get all your forms and paperwork prepared now, so that when your letter arrives, you can put the reply in the return post.
Your case number will start with LND.
Thanks meauxna. I've filled in the forms but as you noted I have not recieved anything from the embassy yet with my case number so I will wait until I recieve something before mailing of the forms to them. Thanks so much
Old Jul 8th 2010, 4:31 am

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Super duper, you are all ready then! Time to go out for a curry while you can.
I've noticed they're running a little slow on the Consular side right now; summer is always extra-heavy volume, so just hang tight.
Old Jul 9th 2010, 4:21 am
Forum Regular

Pandajuice has much to be proud ofPandajuice has much to be proud ofPandajuice has much to be proud ofPandajuice has much to be proud ofPandajuice has much to be proud ofPandajuice has much to be proud ofPandajuice has much to be proud ofPandajuice has much to be proud ofPandajuice has much to be proud ofPandajuice has much to be proud ofPandajuice has much to be proud of

They are indeed running a bit slowly it seems. It's been two weeks since we got the NOA2 in the mail, and are still waiting for the case number. I was hoping something hadn't gone wrong somewhere so it's good to see I'm not the only one wondering why it's taking so long.