Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

Approval from Nebraska - after 303 loong days!

Wikiposts

Approval from Nebraska - after 303 loong days!

Old May 14th 2004, 2:22 am
Forum Regular

mwk2004 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Approval from Nebraska - after 303 loong days!

Hi everybody,

just wanted to share my joy with you all:

finally I can also be happy about the long awaited approval from NSC!!! 303 days after we sent in our fiance visa petition we have received the approval on 10 May!!!

It feels soooo great!!! I could jump for joy, and I have not stopped beaming since I heard the news yesterday!!!

To explain the long wait: my fiance (the U.S. citizen) has a criminal record and we guess that this caused an IBIS hit. Back in January we were told by one of the Senator's offices that we are under security review. Nobody could tell us how long the delay would be, and we were pretty frustrated because it seemed to never end. But now we've made it through that first part of this process, and we should be okay from now on.

Yippieh!!

Now I can say to everybody who thinks it's never going to happen: do not give up hope! Some day the wait will be over!!
The last 10 months were extremely long for us, and sometimes it seemed like we will never see the light at the end of this tunnel .. but now we made it through! The goal is to join my Darling in the States just in time for his birthday in September!!

All the best to everybody along the way.

NOA1 - 14 July 2003 (NSC)
NOA2 - 10 May 2004
Old May 14th 2004, 2:29 am
BE Enthusiast

MrDub is just really niceMrDub is just really niceMrDub is just really niceMrDub is just really niceMrDub is just really niceMrDub is just really niceMrDub is just really niceMrDub is just really niceMrDub is just really nice
Default Re: Approval from Nebraska - after 303 loong days!

Originally posted by mwk2004
Hi everybody,

finally I can also be happy about the long awaited approval from NSC!!! 303 days after we sent in our fiance visa petition we have received the approval on 10 May!!!

It feels soooo great!!! I could jump for joy, and I have not stopped beaming since I heard the news yesterday!!!

To explain the long wait: my fiance (the U.S. citizen) has a criminal record and we guess that this caused an IBIS hit. Back in January we were told by one of the Senator's offices that we are under security review. Nobody could tell us how long the delay would be, and we were pretty frustrated because it seemed to never end. But now we've made it through that first part of this process, and we should be okay from now on.

Yippieh!!

Now I can say to everybody who thinks it's never going to happen: do not give up hope! Some day the wait will be over!!
The last 10 months were extremely long for us, and sometimes it seemed like we will never see the light at the end of this tunnel .. but now we made it through! The goal is to join my Darling in the States just in time for his birthday in September!!

NOA2 - 10 May 2004

You definitely deserve a weekend of celebrations after that long wait !. Congratulations.
Old May 14th 2004, 2:55 am
Forum Regular

Originally posted by MrDub
You definitely deserve a weekend of celebrations after that long wait !. Congratulations.

Thank you very much!! I will enjoy this weekend like I haven't in a very long time!!! Oh, it feels sooooo goooood!!!!! ;o)
Old May 14th 2004, 5:07 am
not a newbie

soulsender is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi everybody,

Yippieh!!

NOA2 - 10 May 2004
Thats a heck of a long time to wait! I am very happy for you. I hope all the patience pays off big time for you two.
Old May 14th 2004, 5:54 am
Forum Regular

silent-whispers is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi everybody,

Yippieh!!

NOA2 - 10 May 2004

Congratulations!!!
Old May 14th 2004, 6:11 am
Forum Regular

MMA2002 will become famous soon enough

congratulations!
Old May 14th 2004, 6:21 am
kud
BE Enthusiast

kud is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi everybody,

Yippieh!!

NOA2 - 10 May 2004
Congrats.
Old May 14th 2004, 8:22 am
SUPER CRUNCHY BALCONY COW

Hypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond repute

Hi everybody,

Yippieh!!

NOA2 - 10 May 2004

CONGRATULATIONS!!!
Old May 14th 2004, 8:28 am
Maño-Americano

ironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond repute

Glad to hear the great news.

I doubt the USC's criminal record had anything to do with the security review though- as I understand it, it has nothing to do with it.

Go celebrate, you deserve it after 300+ days!!
Old May 14th 2004, 11:35 am
Exile

"mwk2004" wrote
    > finally I can
    > also be happy about the long awaited approval from NSC!!! 303 days after
    > we sent in our fiance visa petition we have received the approval on 10
    > May!!!
    > It feels soooo great!!! I could jump for joy, and I have not
    > stopped beaming since I heard the news yesterday!!!

Congratulations and enjoy the euphoria while it lasts

A word of advice from someone who recently realised that - although the
longest wait is over - the hard work isn't. Find all the info on packet 3
that you can online and prepare your answers now!

All the best,

Andy

Old May 14th 2004, 11:53 am
Forum Regular

theangells is an unknown quantity at this point

CONGRATULATIONS !! Wish you speedy process after that long wait !!
Old May 14th 2004, 9:13 pm
Living in Milwaukee, USA!

mcjimbo will become famous soon enough

Thats great news!! Many Congrats

303 days is a long time to wait, but let me tell you the process gets pretty quick from now.
Old May 15th 2004, 3:02 am
BE Enthusiast

cutenurse300 is an unknown quantity at this point

Congrats again Monika and enjoy your last weeks there in Austria,cuz you know the embassy in Vienna is very fast..so time to start packing..and let me know if you need more information about your upcoming interview!
Old May 30th 2004, 2:40 am
Forum Regular

Originally posted by cutenurse300
Congrats again Monika and enjoy your last weeks there in Austria,cuz you know the embassy in Vienna is very fast..so time to start packing..and let me know if you need more information about your upcoming interview!

Hi everybody,

I am trying this again ... could not post here recently ...
now it works. Very strange. After I had posted my good news, and I read all of your nice replies, I could not post in this thread or on this board ... it would always take me back to log in ... weird.

So, sorry everybody ... you must have thought I abandoned this forum right after I got the approval. No, I did not.

I will write in a new thread, though, because this one is old and nobody might read it any longer.

Last edited by mwk2004; May 30th 2004 at 2:43 am.