Wikiposts

applying for wife....

Old Apr 9th 2007, 12:14 am
Forum Regular

carpdiem is a name known to allcarpdiem is a name known to allcarpdiem is a name known to allcarpdiem is a name known to allcarpdiem is a name known to allcarpdiem is a name known to allcarpdiem is a name known to allcarpdiem is a name known to allcarpdiem is a name known to allcarpdiem is a name known to allcarpdiem is a name known to all
Default applying for wife....

Hi,

My borther got married in Pakistan last week, and he is about to apply visa for his wife.
He want to apply for kind of visa that when his wife comes to port of entry in Ubited states she gets stamped for I-551 and get her green card soon after.... I know K3 doesnt work that way... Can any one please point out which one he needs to apply for and whats forms are necessary for that.... I am thinking its I-130 but I am confused about whats that CR1 or LR visas that I have seen being mentioned on this forum....

Also, He lives in Arkansas so his service center is Texas right? But when I go to check processing dates for Texas they dont have I-130 in their list???

Thanks

-Sanna

Last edited by carpdiem; Apr 9th 2007 at 12:25 am.
Old Apr 9th 2007, 1:58 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: applying for wife....

Originally Posted by carpdiem
Hi,

My borther got married in Pakistan last week, and he is about to apply visa for his wife.
He want to apply for kind of visa that when his wife comes to port of entry in Ubited states she gets stamped for I-551 and get her green card soon after.... I know K3 doesnt work that way... Can any one please point out which one he needs to apply for and whats forms are necessary for that.... I am thinking its I-130 but I am confused about whats that CR1 or LR visas that I have seen being mentioned on this forum....

Also, He lives in Arkansas so his service center is Texas right? But when I go to check processing dates for Texas they dont have I-130 in their list???

Thanks

-Sanna
Hi Sanna,

Congratulations on your brother's marriage. Your brother needs to file the I-130 when he comes back to the USA. He still files it at TSC even though they may forward it to another service center for processing. After the I-130 is approved, it will go to NVC for more processing (your brother will receive paperwork from NVC...the agent of choice form and I-864, separately). The file then goes to Islamabad and his wife will fill out her portion of the paperwork. She returns it to the consulate and then they'll call her for the Immigrant Visa interview. She will receive an Immigrant Visa. This allows her to get the I-551 stamp and become a PR upon her entry at the POE.

If their marriage is less than 2 years old when she enters the USA, she will get CPR status (the 2-year green card), and they will file to remove conditions in 2 years (minus 90 days). They'll stamp code CR-1 on her passport.

If their marriage is more than 2 years old when she enters the USA, she will get LPR status, and will receive the 10-year green card. They'll stamp code LR-1 on her passport.

Going through Islamabad, I would give it 12 to 18 months for her to receive her visa.

Best Wishes,
Rene
Old Apr 9th 2007, 2:04 am
Forum Regular

carpdiem is a name known to allcarpdiem is a name known to allcarpdiem is a name known to allcarpdiem is a name known to allcarpdiem is a name known to allcarpdiem is a name known to allcarpdiem is a name known to allcarpdiem is a name known to allcarpdiem is a name known to allcarpdiem is a name known to allcarpdiem is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Noorah101
Hi Sanna,

Congratulations on your brother's marriage. Your brother needs to file the I-130 when he comes back to the USA. He still files it at TSC even though they may forward it to another service center for processing. After the I-130 is approved, it will go to NVC for more processing (your brother will receive paperwork from NVC...the agent of choice form and I-864, separately). The file then goes to Islamabad and his wife will fill out her portion of the paperwork. She returns it to the consulate and then they'll call her for the Immigrant Visa interview. She will receive an Immigrant Visa. This allows her to get the I-551 stamp and become a PR upon her entry at the POE.

If their marriage is less than 2 years old when she enters the USA, she will get CPR status (the 2-year green card), and they will file to remove conditions in 2 years (minus 90 days). They'll stamp code CR-1 on her passport.

If their marriage is more than 2 years old when she enters the USA, she will get LPR status, and will receive the 10-year green card. They'll stamp code LR-1 on her passport.

Going through Islamabad, I would give it 12 to 18 months for her to receive her visa.

Best Wishes,
Rene
Rene,

Thank you so much for the wishes We are so excited about it. Actually, my brother came back yesterday.
And now he wants to submit the paperwork ASAP. Thats why I am researching for him ....
So I guess I wan on right track about I-130 but was confused about CR-1 and LPR, but cleared it up now!
so if there is no processing date on TSC for I-130, does that mean they are not processing them at all? (I know he will still send to them) but I do see dates on VSC....

Another question is, can you still files K-3 for spouse? and besides I-139 and K-3 is there any other visa that he can do?

Thanks you so much!

-Sanna
Old Apr 9th 2007, 3:22 am
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Congratulations. Is your brother a US citizen?

Ian
Old Apr 9th 2007, 3:34 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Another question is, can you still files K-3 for spouse? and besides I-139 and K-3 is there any other visa that he can do?
There is no other spouse visa besides the IV and the K-3.

The K-3 route has gone through some changes recently. Yes, he can still file the I-129F (after he gets the receipt from the I-130) to pursue the K-3 visa for his wife. It used to be that if the K-3 processed more quickly and she came in on that, she would still have a choice whether to AOS in the USA, or wait and return home for IV processing. Now they took away that choice, so if she enters on the K-3, she is locked into AOS in the USA. Also, before her interview in Islamabad, if they see the I-130 has processed faster and they want to go that way, they must pay a fee to cancel the K-3 process and continue on with the IV process.

Rene
Old Apr 12th 2007, 7:16 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by ian-mstm
Congratulations. Is your brother a US citizen?

Ian
Yes, my brother is a US citizen, Sorry, I forgot to mention that.

Thanks,

Sanna
Old Apr 12th 2007, 7:18 am
Forum Regular

There is no other spouse visa besides the IV and the K-3.

The K-3 route has gone through some changes recently. Yes, he can still file the I-129F (after he gets the receipt from the I-130) to pursue the K-3 visa for his wife. It used to be that if the K-3 processed more quickly and she came in on that, she would still have a choice whether to AOS in the USA, or wait and return home for IV processing. Now they took away that choice, so if she enters on the K-3, she is locked into AOS in the USA. Also, before her interview in Islamabad, if they see the I-130 has processed faster and they want to go that way, they must pay a fee to cancel the K-3 process and continue on with the IV process.

Rene
I see, Thanks for explaining it soo good Rene. You are always a big help

I am sure I am going to have a lot more questions when I am filling out the forms and will be back on the forum again

-Sanna
Old Apr 13th 2007, 2:26 am
Forum Regular

fahad will become famous soon enoughfahad will become famous soon enough

Hi,

Thanks

-Sanna

Sanna,

My US citizen wife filed I-130 for me in March 2004 and I got the visa in May 2005 from Islamabad. I got my Administrative Processing cleared off just in 1 month otherwise it could take months. I have heard that filing I-129 takes less time than I-130 but not sure about now.

Fahad
Old Jun 2nd 2007, 5:32 pm

superdesi is an unknown quantity at this point

Correct me if I'm wrong, but FWIK, the administrative processing is more likely to happen if the applicant is a male. For female applicants, the passports are available at the Courier Service in a few weeks.

FYI, my wife came to the U.S. on a K-3 five months after we were married in Pakistan. She traveled back and forth twice but then her K-3 expired. As Rene mentioned about the current restrictions, back then there were no restrictions. I was going to do the AOS (like everyone else) but anyone who has gone through that process in NYC knows its a long wait. So I decided to have her return back home for IV processing (currenly in progress).
Old Jun 27th 2007, 4:43 am
Forum Regular

So my brother decided to go I-130 way... we mailed the completed forms for I-130 to TSC on May 15. Got the return receipt on May 22 so we know that TSC got the forms.
But we havent receieved any notices from TSC yet, it has been more than a month... and we havent received even the first notice of action yet...
Anyone has any idea when should be we expecting it? do they mail it late??

Thanks,

Sanna
Old Jun 27th 2007, 4:50 am

So my brother decided to go I-130 way... we mailed the completed forms for I-130 to TSC on May 15. Got the return receipt on May 22 so we know that TSC got the forms.
But we havent receieved any notices from TSC yet, it has been more than a month... and we havent received even the first notice of action yet...

Thanks,

Sanna
Hi Sanna,

It seems that it is taking 6 or 8 weeks to get the NOA sent out. Hang in there.

Rene
Old Jun 28th 2007, 2:10 am
Forum Regular

fahad will become famous soon enoughfahad will become famous soon enough

Thanks,

Sanna
Are you still waiting for the clearence???Since 2004
Old Jun 29th 2007, 3:09 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by fahad
Are you still waiting for the clearence???Since 2004
Are you talking about my fiance's clearance?
No it was cleared after 9 months... then we got married in 2005 and since then he is waiting for his Green Card becuase they are doing the clearances again.....

-Sanna
Old Jul 23rd 2007, 12:33 am
Forum Regular

Hi Sanna,

It seems that it is taking 6 or 8 weeks to get the NOA sent out. Hang in there.

Rene
It has been 2 months now and still havent recieved the first NOA....
does anyone know if there is a way to check the status? since there is no first NOa, we dont even have a case number or anything.....

-Sanna