Wikiposts

Applying through marriage for 2nd time

Old Oct 6th 2006, 12:14 pm
Retire to Italy

Default Re: Applying through marriage for 2nd time

Jinney

deep breath and chill and do not get your tong's in a twist

list is short and stress is bad.. see www.realage.com

this is agreat site and can help you and others. I swear by it..

Peace

Julia aprofessional of many langauges ie lei vorrebe mangare
qualcose con me?

Last edited by Rete; Oct 10th 2006 at 3:04 am.

Old Oct 6th 2006, 1:57 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Retire to Italy
I thought I read somewhere that you were found lying in the middle of the road. I guess I was wrong... hmm, how odd.

http://www.examiner.com/a-314916~Dea...Officials.html

Ian
Old Oct 7th 2006, 12:32 am
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Julia a professional of many langauges
..English is not one of them !!
Old Oct 7th 2006, 1:14 am
I'm back!

Just Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond repute

Jinney

deep breath and chill and do not get your tong's in a twist

list is short and stress is bad.. see www.realage.com

Peace

Julia aprofessional of many langauges ie lei vorrebe mangare
qualcose con me?

Jenney & Mark wrote:
    > > I'm just amazed at how a site that ostensibly attracts people who want
    > > to help others attracts so many snide and self-righteous responses.
    > > Apparently, altruism is not so much the appeal of this site as is an
    > > opportunity to feel superior and to heckle people who are scared,
    > > uninformed, and desperate. It's sad that a resource that should bring
    > > out the best in everyone is a repository for such mean-spiritedness.
    > >
    > > I'd like to reply to each of the people who contributed to this
    > > thread: Jenney, Joe, Ian, Ray, and Carl

*snip*

Jeolia,

Henceforth and by declaration you apear to need to shutteth your mouth and lernto read correctly. Your vacant expression is misdirected, as I was not the author of that which you quoteth. One can only infer that your eyes misread "J J" for "Jenney & Mark" as no other explanation can be satisfactory herein. Do not fret, my list is restful and full of peace, notwithstanding and, again, herein. And also therein, but that is obvious.

Go forth and rollaround in our glorious shores and soil thyself therein and henceforth shout up at the heavens, "I AM JEOLIA!" and behold what happens next...

~ Jenney
Old Oct 7th 2006, 4:14 am
Homebody

Elvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond repute
Talking Re: Applying through marriage for 2nd time

Originally Posted by Jenney & Mark
Jeolia,

Henceforth and by declaration you apear to need to shutteth your mouth and lernto read correctly. Your vacant expression is misdirected, as I was not the author of that which you quoteth. One can only infer that your eyes misread "J J" for "Jenney & Mark" as no other explanation can be satisfactory herein. Do not fret, my list is restful and full of peace, notwithstanding and, again, herein. And also therein, but that is obvious.

Go forth and rollaround in our glorious shores and soil thyself therein and henceforth shout up at the heavens, "I AM JEOLIA!" and behold what happens next...

~ Jenney

Karma sent!
Old Oct 8th 2006, 6:44 am
Forum Regular

bluesails has much to be proud ofbluesails has much to be proud ofbluesails has much to be proud ofbluesails has much to be proud ofbluesails has much to be proud ofbluesails has much to be proud ofbluesails has much to be proud ofbluesails has much to be proud ofbluesails has much to be proud ofbluesails has much to be proud ofbluesails has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by ian-mstm
What I find amusing, since you mention it, is that people will post here long after they've done something... and then make inquiries as to what they *should* have done. Very few such posters have taken even the slightest interest in securing information *beforehand* about their immigration status which, I'm sure you'll agree, would seem to be a pretty big deal with respect to living in a foreign country. These people then turn to this forum for answers on how best to fix the problems that they themselves created... answers that should come only from the mouth of an experienced immigration attorney. I have to wonder what goes through their mind. Do such people understand that almost everyone who reads and posts to this forum is not a lawyer? Why, I wonder, do they think that a bunch of lay persons can offer them a definitive course of action for their problem? And then the big question... are they not smart enough to know that they should have contacted an attorney as soon as they realized there might be an issue? But wait, you might say... perhaps they can't afford an attorney. To that response, I say bullshit. There are many charitable services that offer free legal advice including free immigration advice.

What it all boils down to, is that these people are basically lazy. They want someone else to fix their problems. They want information to be spoon fed to them rather than do any research on their own. Why? Because it is much easier to blame someone else if something goes wrong... which, ultimately, it does. By and large, people don't want to take responsibility for their own actions... or inactions.

Ian
1) That is an assumption on your part that this poster or others did nothing beforehand and simply waited until the last minute to post for advice on this forum. Perhaps they just happened upon the forum and did not know it existed before. Perhaps they have made lots of inquiries, contacted the USCIS, attorneys, etc. and received wrong, conflicting or unwelcome information that they wished to cooraborate with someone who had experienced a similar situation, so they sought feedback from a forum such as this. Who knows what else they did or who they talked to, but your comments based on your assumptions or interpretations are as wrong as the COs that send back petitions simply because a couple has a red flag and then refuses to allow the couple to prove their valid relationship.

2) I have been on this forum for years now, and I don't see people using it as a way to get answers to fix their problems. But to get ideas. It is a resource to find out how others have dealt with similar situations, to understand what can go wrong and try to head off problems, to understand what happened when things did go wrong. I welcome all who come to post and share their experiences so that we all can learn from them and hopefully one day help to alleviate the suffering of families that this process causes because of anti-family laws, abuse of discretion and legal complexities that create confusion and traps for the average person that is not fully aware.

3) As to hiring a lawyer, I suppose you were lucky to have a straightforward case and if you used a lawyer everything went so smoothly. When it doesn't, let me tell you, the simple statement well, just get a lawyer is not so simple at all. First there is the cost and what can you afford. Then there is trying to find someone who is familiar with your problem and knows how to deal with it. Then each time you speak with one you are paying $50, $100, $200 just to tell them your story at the end of which they say, well, I don't know how I can really help you. Why don't you talk to so-and-so, he/she might be able to help you. At the end you've paid lots of money just to have somebody listen to your story and you are still no where. When you go to the 'free' agencies, they listen too, but then say well, we don't have the resources to helps someone in your kind of complex situation, here' s list of attorneys that maybe able to help. Now you're back to the consultation fee game again.

3) Far from being lazy, people on the forum ARE DOING RESEARCH. Part of any research should be talking to others who have had a similiar experience and find out what happened with them and how they dealt with it. Was it successful or if not, what went wrong and tuck that in their cap to know to avoid that situation, if possible. The more information we can gather the better. I've had some of those attorneys I paid to consult with actually tell, me, 'wow, you know more about this than me.' Not very reasurring.

Stop being so judgemental, please. It suppresses the free sharing of ideas and experiences that make the forums so valuable.

Blue

www.americanfamiliesunited.org - Lobbying to support American Families in immigration.
Old Oct 8th 2006, 7:15 am
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bluesails
That is an assumption on your part that this poster or others did nothing beforehand and simply waited until the last minute to post for advice on this forum.
I appreciate your very thoughtful response... and you are certainly entitled to your point of view. And because you gave a reasoned and lucid argument, I'm not going to dispute anything you've said... with the exception of this bit...

I have been on this forum for years now, and I don't see people using it as a way to get answers to fix their problems.
... because it seems that you and I have a totally different understanding of the posts that we read!

Ian
Old Oct 8th 2006, 11:22 pm
I'm back!

Just Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond repute

1) That is an assumption on your part that this poster or others did nothing beforehand and simply waited until the last minute to post for advice on this forum.
I think when the poster is posting a very complicated story and asking for advice on how their AOS interview will go only one day before said interview occurs, it's a reasonable assumption that the person DID wait until the last minute to post on this forum -- or the last day, at least.

2) I have been on this forum for years now, and I don't see people using it as a way to get answers to fix their problems. But to get ideas.
Right... They use the forum to get ideas about how to fix their problems. Same difference.

3) As to hiring a lawyer... First there is the cost and what can you afford. Then there is trying to find someone who is familiar with your problem and knows how to deal with it. Then each time you speak with one you are paying $50, $100, $200 just to tell them your story at the end of which they say, well, I don't know how I can really help you. Why don't you talk to so-and-so, he/she might be able to help you. At the end you've paid lots of money just to have somebody listen to your story and you are still no where.
Immigration is expensive. Sorry, but that's just a fact. No matter if the case is complicated or not, if one wants to emigrate to another country, they have to be prepared to pay for it. If someone has a complicated case because they did not follow US government regulations and instructions, like the OP did, then unfortunately that person will most likely need to pay for a good attorney to help them get everything sorted. If they go to an attorney and the attorney just throws up their hands and says, "I can't help you," then the person needs to find another attorney who can.

When you go to the 'free' agencies, they listen too, but then say well, we don't have the resources to helps someone in your kind of complex situation, here' s list of attorneys that maybe able to help. Now you're back to the consultation fee game again.
How is this ANY different than posting on this forum?

~ Jenney
Old Oct 10th 2006, 2:36 am
Forum Regular

bluesails has much to be proud ofbluesails has much to be proud ofbluesails has much to be proud ofbluesails has much to be proud ofbluesails has much to be proud ofbluesails has much to be proud ofbluesails has much to be proud ofbluesails has much to be proud ofbluesails has much to be proud ofbluesails has much to be proud ofbluesails has much to be proud of

I think when the poster is posting a very complicated story and asking for advice on how their AOS interview will go only one day before said interview occurs, it's a reasonable assumption that the person DID wait until the last minute to post on this forum -- or the last day, at least.
I didn't say they didn't wait until the last day to post on the forum. What I said was they may not have waited until the last minute to try to find out information. Just because this is the first you heard of it, don't assume the worst. You can't post every little detail on the message and shouldn't have to. Just the pertinant details. What other research they did, really isn't relevant to answer every question.

Right... They use the forum to get ideas about how to fix their problems. Same difference.
What is your point?

Immigration is expensive. Sorry, but that's just a fact. No matter if the case is complicated or not, if one wants to emigrate to another country, they have to be prepared to pay for it. If someone has a complicated case because they did not follow US government regulations and instructions, like the OP did, then unfortunately that person will most likely need to pay for a good attorney to help them get everything sorted. If they go to an attorney and the attorney just throws up their hands and says, "I can't help you," then the person needs to find another attorney who can.
You obviously had a nice, smooth immigration experience, in the scheme of things. Good for you. But you really have no idea of what can go wrong - even when the OP 'follows all the US government regulations and instructions.' You also obviously have no idea that 'go find another attorney' is a useless statement. Obviously anyone would want to do that, but it is easier said than done as I already mentioned.
Old Oct 10th 2006, 8:04 am
Nilda

Congratulations!!!

I did get some bad comments too by just saying evrything will be okay and relax and take it easy.

Anyways, atleast you get approved and thats all that matters.

Congratulations again..

---
posted via:
http://www.visaforyou.org/eng/