Application fees for AOS. Confused

Wikiposts

Application fees for AOS. Confused

Old Nov 8th 2005, 9:00 am
Forum Regular

Americanwife is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Application fees for AOS. Confused

Hi guys!
What is actual TOTAL fee for the AOS from K-3 visa.
Is it 325$ or 325$+70$ (biometrics)?
Coz i had my biometrics done 1 year ago when i applied for EAD only.
So i dont know how much to write the money order for.
Also what name/person/ i put on the money order?
Can i write just US immigration services?
Thanks
Old Nov 8th 2005, 9:52 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Application fees for AOS. Confused

Originally Posted by Americanwife
Hi guys!
Thanks
Hi AW,

Yes, you will need to include $70 for biometrics. This is for a 10-digit fingerprint scan, which is different than the one you had last year for EAD.

A check is better than a money order because it can be traced. Either way, it should be made out to either Department of Homeland Security, or United Stated Citizenship and Immigration Services.

Double check www.uscis.gov for current fees. They went up recently.

Best Wishes,
Rene
Old Nov 8th 2005, 9:53 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Don't forget it might be a while until you have your AOS interview. If you need to continue working, you might have to renew your EAD. If you want to travel after your K-3 visa expires, you'll need to apply for AP.

Rene
Old Nov 8th 2005, 10:10 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Noorah101
Don't forget it might be a while until you have your AOS interview. If you need to continue working, you might have to renew your EAD. If you want to travel after your K-3 visa expires, you'll need to apply for AP.

Rene

Thanks
Old Nov 8th 2005, 11:56 am
Account Closed

Folinskyinla is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi guys!
Thanks
Shalom:

Long time no hear. $325 plus $70. I put in "US Citizenship & Immigration Services" and they seem to cash it. I recommend personal checks -- because you get the cancelled check back! [or at least your bank does].

I've been tempted to make the check payable "Nat Chertoff" -- it would strike me as legally sufficient, but I'm too chicken to try. [There is an old joke (in updated version) where a Federal Tax Return was accompanied by a check made payable to "Bush's Gang of Thieves and Looters" -- and it was cashed with no problem!]
Old Nov 8th 2005, 12:14 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Folinskyinla
Shalom:

Long time no hear. $325 plus $70. I put in "US Citizenship & Immigration Services" and they seem to cash it. I recommend personal checks -- because you get the cancelled check back! [or at least your bank does].

I've been tempted to make the check payable "Nat Chertoff" -- it would strike me as legally sufficient, but I'm too chicken to try. [There is an old joke (in updated version) where a Federal Tax Return was accompanied by a check made payable to "Bush's Gang of Thieves and Looters" -- and it was cashed with no problem!]

Hi and thanks for the answer.
Also thanks for a nice piece of humor Sweet!
Old Nov 8th 2005, 4:21 pm
SUPER CRUNCHY BALCONY COW

Hypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond repute

Hi guys!
Thanks
Hey you! What have you been up to?
I sent out my AOS application recently, I wrote the check to "THE DEPARTMENT OF HOMELAND SECURITY", it cashed about a month ago
Old Nov 9th 2005, 3:33 am

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute

Many big organizations use automated check processing systems where the checks, once taken out of the envelope, are handled solely by machine and are never again seen by a human eye.

One time a few years ago when I was paying some bills, I put a check made out to another organization into the the envelope with my Sears bill. The check was cashed and credited to my Sears account without incident.

Regards, JEff

Originally Posted by Folinskyinla
Shalom:

Old Nov 9th 2005, 3:41 am

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute

Aw,

Ahhh, the confusion caused by calling the simple EAD fingerprint 'biometrics', when it's a significantly different thing from the digital photo and fingerprints (full set of 10) done for AOS.

Regards, JEff

Hi guys!
... i had my biometrics done 1 year ago when i applied for EAD only.