Applicants savings

Old Apr 18th 2014, 5:12 pm
2+2=5

GarethB789 is a jewel in the roughGarethB789 is a jewel in the roughGarethB789 is a jewel in the roughGarethB789 is a jewel in the rough
Default Applicants savings

Hi everyone

I hope you're enjoying your Easter break.

Quick question... Does the applicant for a CR-1 visa have to show a certain amount of savings as part of the financial evidence? I know this is not a requirement but I have heard this question has been asked by a CO in London before despite the petitioner qualifying more than comfortably on the I-864. He was asked to provide evidence in the form of a bank statement.

I have some savings but nowhere near as much as I would like. I've never seen this come up on here so I'm thinking it was maybe a one off.

Is it advisable to bring statements showing the applicants finances? I have not seen this advised anywhere before.

Thanks all
Old Apr 18th 2014, 5:32 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Applicants savings

Originally Posted by GarethB789 View Post
Quick question... Does the applicant for a CR-1 visa have to show a certain amount of savings as part of the financial evidence?
No.

I have some savings but nowhere near as much as I would like. I've never seen this come up on here so I'm thinking it was maybe a one off.
I've never seen this come up before, either, when the petitioner's I-864 meets the financial requirements.

Is it advisable to bring statements showing the applicants finances?
It's up to you. If you want to be 100% prepared, just in case, it can't hurt to bring a few more sheets of paper, eh?

Rene
Old Apr 18th 2014, 5:38 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by GarethB789 View Post
Does the applicant for a CR-1 visa have to show a certain amount of savings as part of the financial evidence?
No.

I have heard this question has been asked...
Where did you hear this?

Ian
Old Apr 18th 2014, 6:18 pm
2+2=5

GarethB789 is a jewel in the roughGarethB789 is a jewel in the roughGarethB789 is a jewel in the roughGarethB789 is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by ian-mstm View Post
No.

Where did you hear this?

Ian
Someone on visa journey. He has just added that the financial sponsor was not his wife and his wife is currently unemployed so perhaps that is why.

I'm happy to bring along my savings account statement but I doubt they'll be too impressed by it! Living in Holborn, central London makes it almost impossible to save!
Old Apr 18th 2014, 7:25 pm
Mouthy Yank

Speedwell has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedwell has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedwell has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedwell has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedwell has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedwell has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedwell has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedwell has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedwell has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedwell has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedwell has a reputation beyond repute

It does sound like a one-off. My husband was asked exactly zero questions about his personal finances. He was asked a couple about where I worked and what I did, though.
Old Apr 18th 2014, 9:46 pm
Often not so civil...

civilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond repute

Me either.