Wikiposts

Appeal Dismissed

Old Feb 11th 2004, 12:46 pm
Forum Regular

mrs nashua is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Appeal Dismissed

hi hwarang, we are so sorry to hear your appeal was dismissed and please dont give up we hope you will apply another waiver and what you said about your step kids, as a mother its made me cried. if you decide to re-apply i hope they will approve it cause the kids need you by their side i will keep you guys in my preyer.
Old Feb 11th 2004, 1:07 pm
YIPPEEEEEEEEE :)

hwarang has a brilliant futurehwarang has a brilliant futurehwarang has a brilliant futurehwarang has a brilliant futurehwarang has a brilliant futurehwarang has a brilliant future

Originally posted by mrs nashua
hi hwarang, we are so sorry to hear your appeal was dismissed and please dont give up we hope you will apply another waiver and what you said about your step kids, as a mother its made me cried. if you decide to re-apply i hope they will approve it cause the kids need you by their side i will keep you guys in my preyer.

Thank you Mrs N
Old Feb 11th 2004, 2:44 pm
Howling at the Moon

lairdside will become famous soon enoughlairdside will become famous soon enough

Originally posted by Folinskyinla
Hi:

You are talking about Dr. Elizabeth Morgan who ALLEGED the father of her child engaged in sexual abuse of the child and took him to court to block any any visitation. She lost. She lost in several pieces of litigation. She then had her child spirited out of the country with the child's grandparents. The court quite properly found Dr. Morgan in contempt of court and placed her in jail until she would reveal the whereabouts of the child. Congress later passed a law prohibiting her further detention. Dr. Morgan then fled the country to join her parents and dauther in New Zealand.

Later, Dr. Morgan wanted to return to the United States with the child, but was fearful that she might actually be subject to the law -- so Congress passed a law specifically designed to vacate the judgment of the DC court and prevent the father from seeing his child.

That later statute was later found to be unconsittutional.

I for one find Elizabeth Morgan to be a quite contemptible person who had blatant disregard for the law out her burning desire to keep her child away from her father.

BTW, Hilary Foretich is now 21 years old so I guess its all moot.
The mother has problems IMHO and now no doubt the "child" has problems.

Elizabeth Morgan's proported "concern" for her child which "drove" her to the lengths she took is what has never added up to me.

My own suspicions are that it was never about the child's needs at all but her own. If true that is what I find distainful. Using a child as a pawn in a legal drama resembling Munchausen's Syndrome by Proxy.

Dennis Harrison, an expert for Dr. Morgan, later had his license to practice psychology revoked for unethical behaviors and false claims about his credentials.

I'm not saying that the father was innocent in all of this either - Hilary was the loser - God bless her.
Old Feb 11th 2004, 2:46 pm
The Survivors!!

Clare & Steven is an unknown quantity at this point

Hwarang, I'm SO sorry to hear of your news. This is what my nightmares are made of .
Don't give up! Please reapply using past and present hardships and hang in there. There just HAS to be a light at the end of the tunnel...
My thoughts are prayers are with you and your families.
Hugs, Clare
Old Feb 11th 2004, 2:48 pm

hwarang has a brilliant futurehwarang has a brilliant futurehwarang has a brilliant futurehwarang has a brilliant futurehwarang has a brilliant futurehwarang has a brilliant future

Originally posted by lairdside
The mother has problems IMHO and now no doubt the "child" has problems.

Elizabeth Morgan's proported "concern" for her child which "drove" her to the lengths she took is what has never added up to me.

My own suspicions are that it was never about the child's needs at all but her own. If true that is what I find distainful. Using a child as a pawn in a legal drama resembling Munchausen's Syndrome by Proxy.
Funny enough, my Husbands EW (ex-wife) has, since the day they separated, done everything she could to prevent my DH from having a realtionship with his children - simply out of spite. The kids suffer the most, but as long as she is "winning" a battle, she doesn't care of any consequences - funny how now though, the EW is the one in a physco ward.
Old Feb 11th 2004, 2:54 pm
Howling at the Moon

lairdside will become famous soon enoughlairdside will become famous soon enough

Originally posted by hwarang
Funny enough, my Husbands EW (ex-wife) has, since the day they separated, done everything she could to prevent my DH from having a realtionship with his children - simply out of spite. The kids suffer the most, but as long as she is "winning" a battle, she doesn't care of any consequences - funny how now though, the EW is the one in a physco ward.
Hopefully she will now get the help she needs. Or at least the impact of any future damage may be reduced.

I hope that you are successful soon in finding someone with the sense/authority/compassion to ensure that your family can be reunited.

Then your husband, yourself and all of your children can get on with your lives.

Good luck - don't give up.
Old Feb 11th 2004, 3:27 pm
Mrtravelkay

hwarang wrote:

> Hopefully we can do something.......we are just starting to get into it
    > all now. As usual, the stress pot thickens, lol. AAARRRRGGGG I don't
    > hold high hopes for immigration allowing us to go home together as a
    > family - our children here can go anytime - I am the only one not
    > allowed a visa (well, as we all know, they make it perfectly clear that
    > hubby can go home anytime and just leave his wife and /or kids here in
    > Australia - one of those unimportant things)

> I would assume that the
    > courts won't allow the "good" parents (us) to bring his kiddies over
    > here, even though that is what his children want - but they are only 9
    > and 6, as they would be away from the disturbed parent, and that I would
    > guess is unhealthy for her.
    >

Why would you assume this?
People are able to get courts to approve children moving with them AND
courts have also been known to remove parental rights from unfit
parents. If either one of these is the goal, then you need to hire an
attorney. On the other hand, has the other parent refused to give
permission for the children to move?

Old Feb 12th 2004, 8:16 am

[/QUOTE]Why would you assume this?
People are able to get courts to approve children moving with them AND
courts have also been known to remove parental rights from unfit
parents. If either one of these is the goal, then you need to hire an
attorney. On the other hand, has the other parent refused to give
permission for the children to move? [/QUOTE]

Was an assumption yesterday - today a fact as we have an attorney (family law - not immigration, yet) - no judge will allow him to move his kids to the other side of the world - regardless of how unfit the mother is. SO, we are in a tuff situation. As far as custody goes, our attorney said it is a slam dunk - except for the fact that we live in Australia and not the US. WHERE ARE ALL THE GOOD IMMIGRATION ATTORNEYS HIDING??? COME OUT COME OUT, where ever you aaaaarrrrrrrrre.
Old Feb 12th 2004, 11:08 am
Mrtravelkay

hwarang wrote:

> Why would you assume this?
    > People are able to get courts to
    > approve children moving with them AND
    > courts have also been known to
    > remove parental rights from unfit
    > parents. If either one of these is
    > the goal, then you need to hire an
    > attorney. On the other hand, has
    > the other parent refused to give
    >
    >>permission for the children to move?
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Was an assumption yesterday - today a fact as we have an
    > attorney (family law - not immigration, yet) - no judge will allow him
    > to move his kids to the other side of the world - regardless of how
    > unfit the mother is. SO, we are in a tuff situation. As far as custody
    > goes, our attorney said it is a slam dunk - except for the fact that we
    > live in Australia and not the US. WHERE ARE ALL THE GOOD IMMIGRATION
    > ATTORNEYS HIDING??? COME OUT COME OUT, where ever you aaaaarrrrrrrrre.

Maybe you need a good family law attorney that will tell you that it is
possible to move children out of the country even over the objections of
the "unfit" parent. However, is there anyway to convince the other
parent to permit the children to go??? For instance, maybe if you agreed
to pay for her to come visit them or would have them visit her.

Old Feb 12th 2004, 12:39 pm
dave w

I am not suggesting that anyone do anything against the law,
'
but... I want you to know

If..... he were to take his children overseas, there isnt one damn thing his ex-wife can do about it.

There is no extradition for kidnapping your own children; believe it or not.. thats the way it is.

It is against the law to take them in the first place, there is no law to bring them back.

Old Feb 12th 2004, 12:40 pm
Forum Regular

fcdeliu is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by hwarang
HAHAHAHA, you know what, that would be an excellent trade out.
Could you imagine how much I could get for my Aussieness on eBay?????????? You could get a fortune for your Americaness also, lol.
I'll gladly give you a navy passport in exchange for your burgundy one! Hell, as an Aussie I wouldn't need a visa to travel to the States but as an American you'd need one to visit OZ!

You know, maybe I'll post this offer on ebay -

"Will exchange US citizenship for Australian, British, Canadian, Kiwi, or EU citizenship, may even be flexible with English-speaking Asian countries OBO, I'm flexible."

Anyway, hope I cheered you up a bit, it's always fun to respond to the insanity of migration systems (as far as I know I was born on Earth and it should be a human right to live anywhere I choose on it) in kind.

Cheers,

Frank
Old Feb 12th 2004, 3:28 pm
Howling at the Moon

Originally posted by fcdeliu
I'll gladly give you a navy passport in exchange for your burgundy one! Hell, as an Aussie I wouldn't need a visa to travel to the States but as an American you'd need one to visit OZ!

"Will exchange US citizenship for Australian, British, Canadian, Kiwi, or EU citizenship, may even be flexible with English-speaking Asian countries OBO, I'm flexible."

Anyway, hope I cheered you up a bit, it's always fun to respond to the insanity of migration systems (as far as I know I was born on Earth and it should be a human right to live anywhere I choose on it) in kind.

Cheers,

Frank
I think that would be a fine idea!

As I was born in N.I. I have held dual Irish and British Citizenship from birth. Thus, I have a "spare" EU Passport to trade...lol
Old Feb 12th 2004, 3:36 pm
Mrtravelkay

dave w wrote:
    > I am not suggesting that anyone do anything against the law,
    > '
    > but... I
    > want you to know
    >
    > If..... he were to take his children overseas, there
    > isnt one damn thing his ex-wife can do about it.
    >
    > There is no
    > extradition for kidnapping your own children; believe it or not.. thats
    > the way it is.
    >
    > It is against the law to take them in the first place,
    > there is no law to bring them back.
    >

I think you need to do a bit more research on this topic.

Old Feb 12th 2004, 4:34 pm

Originally posted by Mrtravelkay
dave w wrote:
    > I am not suggesting that anyone do anything against the law,
    > '
    > but... I
    > want you to know
    >
    > If..... he were to take his children overseas, there
    > isnt one damn thing his ex-wife can do about it.
    >
    > There is no
    > extradition for kidnapping your own children; believe it or not.. thats
    > the way it is.
    >
    > It is against the law to take them in the first place,
    > there is no law to bring them back.
    >

I think you need to do a bit more research on this topic.
I think at the end of the day, it will be up to the judge that hears our case - all we can do is hope that we can bring the kiddies here, cuz immigration doesn't like us for me overstaying, which is understandable of course. If they will not allow my DH to bring his kiddies here - well, we will jump that bridge when we come to it. As far as the EW (ex wife) - or should it be EEEWWWWW allowing them to come here, OMG, she would never give my DH the satisfaction. It would be better if we were home in the US, but ya can't always get what ya want. The situation is what it is (thinking thru my clear mind today - finally)
Old Feb 12th 2004, 4:39 pm

Originally posted by fcdeliu

Cheers,

Frank
Aussie passports are the same color as yours, soooooo, if we just scratched out the kangaroo and emu on mine and draw an eagle and scratched out your eagle, thus giving you the kanga's and mu's, it would all be good, lololol............Nooooo-one would ever know the difference..............right???????

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.