Wikiposts

AP udate for Orlando

Old Sep 9th 2002, 7:13 am
Dennis & Bonnie French

Default AP udate for Orlando

We had applied for AP in Orlando on July 15, and included it with the applications a
letter from my father's doctor stating that he was in very poor health. I also
attached a letter from the Canadian Army stating that my oldest son was serving with
the forces. Just to clarify what was going on at the time of my departure from
Canada: my dad had a severe heart attack 10 days before I am to move to Florida, and
my son was in Afghanistan. The agony of trying to decide to still pack and move was
awful. The regs on the NG were wonderful with their support and answers to my
questions at that time. Dennis and I married as quickly as possible and filed the
paperwork for AOS, EAD and AP in person in Orlando. The lady there attached a piece
of paper marking the APs as urgent. Today I received a call from the Orlando office
to tell me the APs had been approved and we can go and pick them up at anytime. I am
impressed as I really didn't think that my urgency in wanting to be able to go home
would move things along at all. Guess the INS proved me wrong on this point. I also
think it didn't hurt at all that I attached as much documentation to the forms
either. On a side note: Dad is doing much better even though his health will never be
robust again. Bryan, the soldier, is here in Florida with us for a three week visit,
and doing his best to eat us out of house and home already! Bonnie