Reload this Page >

AP and re-entering the US

AP and re-entering the US

Old Feb 21st 2019, 2:48 am
Just Joined

Danpatta is an unknown quantity at this point
Default AP and re-entering the US

Hey guys,

A quick question! I’m currently in the process of AOS form K1 visa. My case is at the stage where it is awaiting interview. My field office is Houston TX, which is currently a 19-24 month wait. I’m 6 months into that.

I have my EAD/AP, which I’m currently employed on here in Houston. My employer would like me to travel to Brazil for a week long job for the company.

I see that a lot of people post here about travel using there AP for non-emergency’s(holidays, trips home etc). I was under the impression that AP was emergency only and would be a huge risk to use it otherwise.

So so my question is.... would it be possible to travel for this job with AP or would you guys advice against it. I have my thoughts on the issues, but wanted to here some others views.

thanks in advance.
Old Feb 21st 2019, 2:56 am
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: AP and re-entering the US

AP can be used for any type of travel, vacation, business, etc. and return to the US without abandoning your pending AOS.

For Brazil, you need your AP, British passport and a Brazilian visa.
Old Feb 21st 2019, 3:29 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Exactly what Rete said. Using AP will be fine.

Rene
Old Feb 21st 2019, 3:58 am
Just Joined

Thanks guys, really appreciate the feedback.

Im assuming it is multi use also, as it is valid for the year?

Old Feb 21st 2019, 4:24 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

I haven't looked at the I-131 application for a long time. Does it still ask if you want single or multiple entry, and if so, what did you choose?

Rene
Old Feb 21st 2019, 12:00 pm
Just Joined

Thanks,

just looking back over my application I did select multiple trips.

Though on part 4 I stated reason for travel was ‘family emergency’ and listed the countries as ‘united kingdom’. I’m unsure how that effects this!

I was planning to call USCIS today, not sure if they would be much help though.

Really appreciate the help guys.
Old Feb 21st 2019, 1:37 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Danpatta
Thanks,

just looking back over my application I did select multiple trips.

Though on part 4 I stated reason for travel was ‘family emergency’ and listed the countries as ‘united kingdom’. I’m unsure how that effects this!

I was planning to call USCIS today, not sure if they would be much help though.

Really appreciate the help guys.
It shouldn't have any effect on the destination of your travels. I've never seen an AP card, which is part of the EAD isn't it? I'm assuming since there is an expiration date on the card for the EA, then the same expiration date would apply for the AP, unless, of course, there is a second date listed for the AP.
Old Feb 21st 2019, 1:46 pm

No need to call USCIS. Your AP is valid for any reason of travel, no matter what you listed on the application.

Rene
Old Feb 21st 2019, 1:51 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Rete
It shouldn't have any effect on the destination of your travels. I've never seen an AP card, which is part of the EAD isn't it? I'm assuming since there is an expiration date on the card for the EA, then the same expiration date would apply for the AP, unless, of course, there is a second date listed for the AP.
yeah that’s correct both expire at the same date. Ie date on the EAD card.

I looked back at a few threads relating to this, and realised there was a lot of answers in them, so sorry if you guys feel like your repeating things.

I think it’s just the the fact of leaving and not having any garantee that worries people, I know that’s my main concern... but then again there is no garentiees throughout the whole process!!
Old Feb 21st 2019, 1:53 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Noorah101
No need to call USCIS. Your AP is valid for any reason of travel, no matter what you listed on the application.

Rene
thanks Rene
Old Feb 21st 2019, 2:17 pm
Concierge

Does Brazil still require a visa for entry? I know they did years ago for USC. Not sure if that has changed or never applied to UK citizens.
Old Feb 21st 2019, 2:50 pm

UKCs don't need a visa to enter Brazil, but their passport must be valid for at least 6 months.

Rene
Old Feb 21st 2019, 3:29 pm
Concierge

Originally Posted by Noorah101
UKCs don't need a visa to enter Brazil, but their passport must be valid for at least 6 months.

Rene
Thanks, Rene. It has been several years since USC daughter was a director of Brazil Nuts Travel. She required a visa when she went to Brazil.
Old Feb 21st 2019, 7:54 pm
i hate cabbage

Jack8602 has a reputation beyond reputeJack8602 has a reputation beyond reputeJack8602 has a reputation beyond reputeJack8602 has a reputation beyond reputeJack8602 has a reputation beyond reputeJack8602 has a reputation beyond reputeJack8602 has a reputation beyond reputeJack8602 has a reputation beyond reputeJack8602 has a reputation beyond reputeJack8602 has a reputation beyond reputeJack8602 has a reputation beyond repute

I made 12 international work trips on my AP card, all without problem.

Also spent best part of 18 hours in the secondary inspection room waiting for my parole stamp every time i arrived back,

For Brazil - just check you're up to date on vaccines, my work insisted we get Yellow Fever jabs before we went to Sao Paulo
Old Feb 21st 2019, 7:57 pm
Concierge

You mean the stamp in your passport re-admitting you to the US under parole? Hubby only got this on the first trip and subsequent trips he was waved through. Of course, that was years ago and things might have changed.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.