Wikiposts

AP Question

Old Mar 5th 2007, 1:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

Longy is a splendid one to beholdLongy is a splendid one to beholdLongy is a splendid one to beholdLongy is a splendid one to beholdLongy is a splendid one to beholdLongy is a splendid one to beholdLongy is a splendid one to beholdLongy is a splendid one to beholdLongy is a splendid one to beholdLongy is a splendid one to beholdLongy is a splendid one to behold
Default AP Question

Hi

I wasn't sure the best place to post this but as I am applying to marriage based AOS this seemed the best.

Anyway I thought I had best file for AP just in case of an emergency, but have no plans. I guess a lot of people do this, so what do you put in for the date or duration of the trips?

I was also wondering if my situation could be complicated by the fact that I am here on an L-1B which has been updated since I last arrived. My company was bought and the new company had to transfer my visa. I was told I was fine to stay, but if I left I would have to go to the US Consulate and get a new visa in my passport. As I haven't left I have not done this and thus my L-1B will not suitable for re-entry and I imagine going to get it updated would not be allowable either if I was going through AOS.

I was wondering if this may be an issue on re-entry, or whether they will just ignore everything to do with the L-1B if I have the AP.

Thanks
Old Mar 5th 2007, 1:20 pm
BE Enthusiast

hcj1440 has a reputation beyond reputehcj1440 has a reputation beyond reputehcj1440 has a reputation beyond reputehcj1440 has a reputation beyond reputehcj1440 has a reputation beyond reputehcj1440 has a reputation beyond reputehcj1440 has a reputation beyond reputehcj1440 has a reputation beyond reputehcj1440 has a reputation beyond reputehcj1440 has a reputation beyond reputehcj1440 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: AP Question

Not sure on the L-1B questions. Regarding what to put on AP application, we just put a date a few months in the future and for duration we put 1-2 weeks. No one is going to hold you to those dates.
Old Mar 5th 2007, 2:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

Longy is a splendid one to beholdLongy is a splendid one to beholdLongy is a splendid one to beholdLongy is a splendid one to beholdLongy is a splendid one to beholdLongy is a splendid one to beholdLongy is a splendid one to beholdLongy is a splendid one to beholdLongy is a splendid one to beholdLongy is a splendid one to beholdLongy is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: AP Question

Originally Posted by hcj1440
Not sure on the L-1B questions. Regarding what to put on AP application, we just put a date a few months in the future and for duration we put 1-2 weeks. No one is going to hold you to those dates.
OK thanks, will probably do that, but hopefully don't have to use the AP anyway