Wikiposts

AP Question

Old May 13th 2004, 12:43 am
Forum Regular

MMA2002 will become famous soon enough
Default AP Question

hey, applying for AOS the beginning of June and going to apply for EAD and AP too....it asks for a reason why we want AP....do I put for our honeymoon to bermuda or do I put that he needs it because his grandmother is very sick and it may be required that he go home for a couple of days....both are true but I'm afraid they won't give us the AP if we put it down as our honeymoon...
Old May 13th 2004, 1:01 am
BE Enthusiast

AlisonPA is just really niceAlisonPA is just really niceAlisonPA is just really niceAlisonPA is just really niceAlisonPA is just really niceAlisonPA is just really niceAlisonPA is just really niceAlisonPA is just really niceAlisonPA is just really niceAlisonPA is just really niceAlisonPA is just really nice
Default Re: AP Question

Originally posted by MMA2002
hey, applying for AOS the beginning of June and going to apply for EAD and AP too....it asks for a reason why we want AP....do I put for our honeymoon to bermuda or do I put that he needs it because his grandmother is very sick and it may be required that he go home for a couple of days....both are true but I'm afraid they won't give us the AP if we put it down as our honeymoon...
I put two reasons - belated honeymoon in April to Canada and my father's 80th birthday in July. I got my AP within a month of applying.
Old May 13th 2004, 1:13 am
Forum Regular

thanks - i was going to put both but wasn't sure - just kept reading the application form and it says something like they don't like to give many out so just for emergencies or something - i'd seen lots of people with it on there timeline and i didn't think EVERYONE had an emergency - i just hope we get ours as quick as you did - luckily my parents have no problem taking our spot on the cruise if he doesn't get it! i have a problem with that though! LOL
Old May 13th 2004, 1:17 am
Howling at the Moon

lairdside will become famous soon enoughlairdside will become famous soon enough

thanks - i was going to put both but wasn't sure - just kept reading the application form and it says something like they don't like to give many out so just for emergencies or something - i'd seen lots of people with it on there timeline and i didn't think EVERYONE had an emergency - i just hope we get ours as quick as you did - luckily my parents have no problem taking our spot on the cruise if he doesn't get it! i have a problem with that though! LOL
You just need an emergent reason -- not the same thing as an emergency. There was a memo some time ago now that they are supposed to give AP to anyone requiring it for any valid purpose to travel, some of the offices still seem to be struggling with this adjustment though
Old May 13th 2004, 1:25 am
Forum Regular

thanks for the "emergent" versus "emergency" - all of this mumbo jumbo words in these forms is frying my brain this early in the morning - just want to make sure everythings clear and ready so that when he comes we can immediately get married and file aos, ap, ead....thanks
Old May 13th 2004, 6:14 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

thanks for the "emergent" versus "emergency" - all of this mumbo jumbo words in these forms is frying my brain this early in the morning - just want to make sure everythings clear and ready so that when he comes we can immediately get married and file aos, ap, ead....thanks
Hi Allison! I just noticed the good news in your timeline! Congrats on getting the visa/brown envelope sent out to Mahir!!

Rene
Old May 13th 2004, 9:01 am
Eric S.

I hope you're not planning on taking your honeymoon soon after your wedding.
It may take a month or two to get the AP after applying for it. And you
have to apply when you apply for AOS -- after your marriage.

- Eric S.

"MMA2002" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
    > hey, applying for AOS the beginning of June and going to apply for EAD
    > and AP too....it asks for a reason why we want AP....do I put for our
    > honeymoon to bermuda or do I put that he needs it because his
    > grandmother is very sick and it may be required that he go home for a
    > couple of days....both are true but I'm afraid they won't give us the AP
    > if we put it down as our honeymoon...
    > --
    > Posted via http://britishexpats.com

Old May 13th 2004, 2:04 pm
SUPER CRUNCHY BALCONY COW

Hypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by lairdside
You just need an emergent reason -- not the same thing as an emergency. There was a memo some time ago now that they are supposed to give AP to anyone requiring it for any valid purpose to travel, some of the offices still seem to be struggling with this adjustment though

Hey that was a good lesson!:lecture:
I don't need the AP since I am a K3'er yay!!
Old May 13th 2004, 2:59 pm
Howling at the Moon

lairdside will become famous soon enoughlairdside will become famous soon enough

Anyone would think they'd worded it that way deliberately in order to confuse people.......lol
Old May 13th 2004, 3:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

hcj1440 has a reputation beyond reputehcj1440 has a reputation beyond reputehcj1440 has a reputation beyond reputehcj1440 has a reputation beyond reputehcj1440 has a reputation beyond reputehcj1440 has a reputation beyond reputehcj1440 has a reputation beyond reputehcj1440 has a reputation beyond reputehcj1440 has a reputation beyond reputehcj1440 has a reputation beyond reputehcj1440 has a reputation beyond repute

We applied for a multiple-use one and said that my husband wanted to be able to visit friends and family in [home country] while his application was pending. It was granted.