Wikiposts

AP NYC walk-in

Old May 12th 2004, 1:41 am
Forum Regular

petermuk is an unknown quantity at this point
Default AP NYC walk-in

Are NYC Still allowing walk-ins for AP after 90 days ? If so, is it 90 days after the Received date or Notice date ?

Also, will I need a real ticket or has anyone had success with a printed E-ticket.

Finally, my reason for applying is to clear out a house I've just sold and to go to a friend's wedding - Are these valid ?

Thanks a lot.
-Peter
Old May 13th 2004, 12:55 am
BE Enthusiast

Peter Newton has a reputation beyond reputePeter Newton has a reputation beyond reputePeter Newton has a reputation beyond reputePeter Newton has a reputation beyond reputePeter Newton has a reputation beyond reputePeter Newton has a reputation beyond reputePeter Newton has a reputation beyond reputePeter Newton has a reputation beyond reputePeter Newton has a reputation beyond reputePeter Newton has a reputation beyond reputePeter Newton has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: AP NYC walk-in

I'm not sure if there is a 90 day rule or not... I got my AP by doing a walk in, but this was after waiting 5 months.

As far as your reasons go, they are pretty similar to what I had. I also said that my father was ill and I wanted to be able to travel at short notice.

Originally posted by petermuk
Are NYC Still allowing walk-ins for AP after 90 days ? If so, is it 90 days after the Received date or Notice date ?

Also, will I need a real ticket or has anyone had success with a printed E-ticket.

Finally, my reason for applying is to clear out a house I've just sold and to go to a friend's wedding - Are these valid ?

Thanks a lot.
-Peter
Old May 23rd 2004, 3:59 am
Forum Regular

I never received any kind of yellow till receipt, just a seperate large NOA/receipt for each application (AP, AOS, EAD). Am I meant to have a yellow receipt also ?

-Peter

Originally posted by Peter Newton
I'm not sure if there is a 90 day rule or not... I got my AP by doing a walk in, but this was after waiting 5 months.

As far as your reasons go, they are pretty similar to what I had. I also said that my father was ill and I wanted to be able to travel at short notice.
Old May 24th 2004, 1:15 am
BE Enthusiast

Peter Newton has a reputation beyond reputePeter Newton has a reputation beyond reputePeter Newton has a reputation beyond reputePeter Newton has a reputation beyond reputePeter Newton has a reputation beyond reputePeter Newton has a reputation beyond reputePeter Newton has a reputation beyond reputePeter Newton has a reputation beyond reputePeter Newton has a reputation beyond reputePeter Newton has a reputation beyond reputePeter Newton has a reputation beyond repute

I've heard of people using either the yellow receipt, or their NOA as proof of the filing date. I happen to have both.

I never received any kind of yellow till receipt, just a seperate large NOA/receipt for each application (AP, AOS, EAD). Am I meant to have a yellow receipt also ?

-Peter
Old May 24th 2004, 3:51 am
Forum Regular

MelissaS is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Peter -

My husband walked in after 90 days with just the yellow receipt and had no problems. He had his plane ticket as well but they never asked to see it.

MelissaS

-Peter
Old May 24th 2004, 3:55 am
Forum Regular

Thanks everyone, I'm going this Thursday.
-Peter

Originally posted by MelissaS
Hi Peter -

My husband walked in after 90 days with just the yellow receipt and had no problems. He had his plane ticket as well but they never asked to see it.

MelissaS
Old May 24th 2004, 4:11 am
Forum Regular

MelissaS is an unknown quantity at this point

Good luck to you peter.
Peter Newton - I have a quick question for you...have you had to renew your AP yet? Did you need a specific reason for renewing? Thanks.
Melissa S

Thanks everyone, I'm going this Thursday.
-Peter
Old May 24th 2004, 4:26 am
Forum Regular

Melissa

May I ask what time in the morning your husband got there for AP ?

regards
-Peter

Good luck to you peter.
Peter Newton - I have a quick question for you...have you had to renew your AP yet? Did you need a specific reason for renewing? Thanks.
Melissa S
Old May 24th 2004, 5:18 am
BE Enthusiast

Not yet. I am going to hold off for another month or so.

From what I've read, people give the same reasons for renewing as they did for the original AP.

Good luck to you peter.
Melissa S
Old May 24th 2004, 10:15 am
Just Joined

kohada is an unknown quantity at this point

I have a question regarding AP and other mailing problem issues. Has anybody in NYC had any problems with receiving mails from USCIS? If so, what did you do to have them re-issue documents/letters? Please give me an advise!

My situation is:
Last week I went down to NYC local USCIS office to check the status of my AP application. I filed it in Oct 2003, got RFE and responded in Dec 2003. Since then nothing from them and on-line status has shown the same thing (On December 2, 2003, we received your response to our request for evidence or information. It is taking between 30 and 60 days...)
Surprisingly, I was told that this AP case was approved and issued in Jan 2004 valid for a year!! They told me to call 800 number because they have nothing to do with this. Now I don't know where my document is... Lost in mail? or they didn't actually send it? ...I don't know. I went to post office to check also. They have nothing holding for me.
On-line status shows nothing about approval even today. Of course, I called 800 number and they took my info and inquiry. That's it. Is there anything else I can do?

Thanks in advance for your help.

kohada
Old May 27th 2004, 8:20 am
Just Joined

goodguy is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by kohada
I have a question regarding AP and other mailing problem issues. Has anybody in NYC had any problems with receiving mails from USCIS? If so, what did you do to have them re-issue documents/letters? Please give me an advise!

My situation is:
Last week I went down to NYC local USCIS office to check the status of my AP application. I filed it in Oct 2003, got RFE and responded in Dec 2003. Since then nothing from them and on-line status has shown the same thing (On December 2, 2003, we received your response to our request for evidence or information. It is taking between 30 and 60 days...)
Surprisingly, I was told that this AP case was approved and issued in Jan 2004 valid for a year!! They told me to call 800 number because they have nothing to do with this. Now I don't know where my document is... Lost in mail? or they didn't actually send it? ...I don't know. I went to post office to check also. They have nothing holding for me.
On-line status shows nothing about approval even today. Of course, I called 800 number and they took my info and inquiry. That's it. Is there anything else I can do?

Thanks in advance for your help.

kohada
Kohada,

Any new development on your case? I filed at NYC around the same time you did and my case still has yet been approved at this point according to the USCIS website. I wonder if there is a stack of approved cases sitting somewhere in the MSC...

Thanks.
Old May 28th 2004, 6:12 am
Just Joined

kohada is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by goodguy
Kohada,

Any new development on your case? I filed at NYC around the same time you did and my case still has yet been approved at this point according to the USCIS website. I wonder if there is a stack of approved cases sitting somewhere in the MSC...

Thanks.
Goodbuy,

You might want to go to the local office to inquire about your case. From my experience, do not always trust USCIS website. Mine has not updated since Dec 2003. That's why I didn't know my case was approved until I went to the local office. I was also told once it's approved, there is nothing they can do. (You have to deal with customer service center) Maybe between before approval and after 90days of filing date, local office can issue you a parole document, maybe.

kohada