British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Marriage Based Visas (https://britishexpats.com/forum/marriage-based-visas-35/)
-   -   Ap/ead (https://britishexpats.com/forum/marriage-based-visas-35/ap-ead-191089/)

la guy Nov 14th 2003 5:58 pm

Ap/ead

Hi all

My wife's AP and EAD are expiring in Jan2004. As she is expecting our baby and will not be working next year, she does not need her EAD. Would it be ok for her to renew in year 2005 if by then the Green Card process is not completed?

As for AP, can she renew it in mid-2005 as we will not be travelling during Jan to June? That would mean her AP would have expired for a about 5 months....is that Ok?

Is there impact on the GC process if AP and/or EAD are not kept in valid status?

Is there anyone out there who is dealing with New Orleans office? We havent heard from them since the AP/EAD was approved in Jan 2003 and since we updated our address change in person in March 2003. We recently(in Sep) wrote a letter to enquire but have gotten no response so far. When I called the USCIS hotline, I was told our papers have not yet been sent to TSC, and so they could not check the status. Is this normal? Btw, we submitted our AOS/AP/EAD/I130 in Dec2002.

Appreciate any help and advice.

Thanks.
la guy

la guy Nov 19th 2003 4:33 am

Re: Ap/ead

Originally posted by la guy
Hi all

My wife's AP and EAD are expiring in Jan2004. As she is expecting our baby and will not be working next year, she does not need her EAD. Would it be ok for her to renew in year 2005 if by then the Green Card process is not completed?

As for AP, can she renew it in mid-2005 as we will not be travelling during Jan to June? That would mean her AP would have expired for a about 5 months....is that Ok?

Is there impact on the GC process if AP and/or EAD are not kept in valid status?

Is there anyone out there who is dealing with New Orleans office? We havent heard from them since the AP/EAD was approved in Jan 2003 and since we updated our address change in person in March 2003. We recently(in Sep) wrote a letter to enquire but have gotten no response so far. When I called the USCIS hotline, I was told our papers have not yet been sent to TSC, and so they could not check the status. Is this normal? Btw, we submitted our AOS/AP/EAD/I130 in Dec2002.

Appreciate any help and advice.

Thanks.
la guy

Hi again

No response so far. Could someone pls enlighten?

Thanks

SanBernardino Nov 19th 2003 5:32 am

Re: Ap/ead

Originally posted by la guy
AP and EAD are optional. You only need them if you want to travel or work. It shouldn't impact your GC process if you don't request new ones.
Remember though, it does take time for the EAD and AP to be processed, when you do want a new one...