Wikiposts

AOS Worry

Old Mar 29th 2004, 9:43 am
Forum Regular

Pauljarv is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: AOS Worry

Jesus this thread got some replies while I was out! Right to answer the question about the appointmen - we phoned Vermont as we were worried about this lost NOA2/petition approval notice. The woman there couldn't answer all our questions, surprise surprise! She said she'd make us an appointment, I didn't know you couldn't do that normally though!? Anyway it is just to sort out the problem we have. We'll have our forms and will file them if we can, I pretty sure it won't help us get things through faster at all!
Old Mar 29th 2004, 10:56 am
BE Enthusiast

whistlestop01 has a spectacular aura aboutwhistlestop01 has a spectacular aura aboutwhistlestop01 has a spectacular aura about

Originally posted by cutenurse300
Hi Gisela,

I sended you a mail on your hotmail adress and also tried to pm you here but your inbox is full..so try to make some space girl..lol
thats my problem.....my inbox is not full!!! neither am i getting emails thru to hotmail which is strange. mmmmmmm
Old Mar 29th 2004, 10:57 am
BE Enthusiast

whistlestop01 has a spectacular aura aboutwhistlestop01 has a spectacular aura aboutwhistlestop01 has a spectacular aura about

Originally posted by Pauljarv
Jesus this thread got some replies while I was out! Right to answer the question about the appointmen - we phoned Vermont as we were worried about this lost NOA2/petition approval notice. The woman there couldn't answer all our questions, surprise surprise! She said she'd make us an appointment, I didn't know you couldn't do that normally though!? Anyway it is just to sort out the problem we have. We'll have our forms and will file them if we can, I pretty sure it won't help us get things through faster at all!
i get you now!! i thought you could apply for your AOS/EAD/AP directly with them by making an appointment damn

oh well.

Good Luck xx
Old Mar 29th 2004, 11:53 am
BE Enthusiast

I am such a dunce!! I never noticed my sent folder and of course its full!!!!

Now I can receive PM's woohoo!!!
Old Mar 29th 2004, 12:27 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Hypertweeky
Hey Girlie!

I have a question..
Can a K1 apply for EAD and AOS separately??
Big day is getting closer!! wooo!!
As I was told by one of the people on the mis-information line, a K1er cannot apply for a 1 yr EAD without a receipt from AOS. Now, if this is 100% correct, who knows, but it does make sense to me. They need proof that you did get married, and that you are filing for your GC.

For a K3, the I-130 is still in process, so I guess they assume that you can apply for the EAD while you are still waiting for that to be approved. But who really knows, we know the 'rules' aren't always consistent between offices.

Paul, not sure what to tell you, but good luck (though I know that doesn't help you).
Old Mar 29th 2004, 2:02 pm
Former Blonde

FlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of light

Originally posted by sunflwrgrl13
As I was told by one of the people on the mis-information line, a K1er cannot apply for a 1 yr EAD without a receipt from AOS. Now, if this is 100% correct, who knows, but it does make sense to me. They need proof that you did get married, and that you are filing for your GC.
That's true - you cannot file for the EAD before the AOS, it can either be filed at the same time or after the AOS has been filed, same with AP.

Congrats on the impending birth Paul and best wishes to you and your missus.

Good luck with the filing, I hope it all comes together.

Take care

Tam

(Now proud owner of both AP and a shiny new EAD card)!
Old Mar 29th 2004, 3:13 pm
SUPER CRUNCHY BALCONY COW

Hypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by sunflwrgrl13

For a K3, the I-130 is still in process, so I guess they assume that you can apply for the EAD while you are still waiting for that to be approved. But who really knows, we know the 'rules' aren't always consistent between offices.

Paul, not sure what to tell you, but good luck (though I know that doesn't help you).

Do not attempt to understand USCIS
Thanks for the info!
Old Mar 29th 2004, 3:13 pm
SUPER CRUNCHY BALCONY COW

Hypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by FlyergirlUK
That's true - you cannot file for the EAD before the AOS, it can either be filed at the same time or after the AOS has been filed, same with AP.

Congrats on the impending birth Paul and best wishes to you and your missus.

Good luck with the filing, I hope it all comes together.

Take care

Tam

(Now proud owner of both AP and a shiny new EAD card)!
Thanks and CONGRATS!!