Wikiposts

AOS Worry

Old Mar 29th 2004, 7:13 am
SUPER CRUNCHY BALCONY COW

Hypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: AOS Worry

Originally posted by Pauljarv
Damn! You had me feeling good for a second. It says on your link that I have 90 days to file for AOS or my visa expires. I'll be filing way before that but I don't know if it'll go through okay.

I'm a little annoyed that from all the items required we don't have 1 and it looks like it's the one that is the least important but takes the longest to get!! After all I have my passport with K-1 in it, birth cert, marriage cert, etc all official documents showing I've gone through the motions are in place apart from 1 form stating the the petition was approved! Even having the actual visa counts for nothing!!

What are you missing?
Sorry for the confusion.. I was thinking as a K3!!
Old Mar 29th 2004, 7:19 am
Forum Regular

Pauljarv is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Hypertweeky
What are you missing?
Sorry for the confusion.. I was thinking as a K3!!
Okay, I'm here on a K-1, we are now married and I have everything apart from the Fiance Petition Approval Notice which my wife, bless her heart, threw away a few weeks ago thinking we didn't need it as we already had the visa.
Old Mar 29th 2004, 7:22 am

Hypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond repute

Okay, I'm here on a K-1, we are now married and I have everything apart from the Fiance Petition Approval Notice which my wife, bless her heart, threw away a few weeks ago thinking we didn't need it as we already had the visa.

I don't know what to tell you!, Look for it because it is one of the required documents, If You can't find it, contact the USCIS and ask for a copy, that cost 100$ I believe
Old Mar 29th 2004, 7:42 am
Eric S.

That's the NOA2. It would have been received by your fiance just before you
got the K-1 forms from the embassy (Packet 3). I also did not receive an
NOA2, even though my fiance's K-1 petition was approved. I called the USCIS
help line and they told me the only thing I could do is submit an I-824
(with $140 fee!!!) to get a duplicate copy of the notice. I've heard of at
least one other person in the same situation.

It does seem stupid that they want US to provide proof of something THEY
did. But you're right, when does this process ever make sense.

I'm planning on sending the NOA1, the copy of a letter I received from the
National Visa Center saying the petition was approved, and an explanation
that I never received the NOA2. Hopefully that, and the actual K-1 visa,
will be enough evidence that the K-1 visa petition was approved.

- Eric S.

"Pauljarv" <member19626@british_expats.com> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
    > I'm here on a K-1 visa and am putting together my AOS package of forms
    > and am pretty sure we have or will have by the end of the day everything
    > we need apart from one thing. For the life of us we can't find a "Fiance
    > Petition Approval Notice". I don't know what we can do about that?
    > Common sense is telling me that as I have the actual visa then not
    > having a notice you get before you get the visa saying the petition was
    > approved for me to get the visa may not be the biggest problem but I
    > know that common sense doesn't come into this process often!!!
    > --
    > Posted via http://britishexpats.com

Old Mar 29th 2004, 8:31 am
Forum Regular

Pauljarv is an unknown quantity at this point

I don't know what to tell you!, Look for it because it is one of the required documents, If You can't find it, contact the USCIS and ask for a copy, that cost 100$ I believe
they don't issue copies as far as I know, it costs $140 to do a I-824 form and could take 6 months. fingers crossed I can work, that's all I'm worried about. i don't care if i stay a conditional resident for ever as long as I can earn money and look after my family (baby due on Friday!)
Old Mar 29th 2004, 8:59 am

they don't issue copies as far as I know, it costs $140 to do a I-824 form and could take 6 months. fingers crossed I can work, that's all I'm worried about. i don't care if i stay a conditional resident for ever as long as I can earn money and look after my family (baby due on Friday!)
I don't know what to tell you but I am so sorry!, maybe someone else will chime in and give you advice
Baby is due on Friday?? Wooo!!! Good Luck!!
Keep us updated!!
Old Mar 29th 2004, 9:14 am
BE Enthusiast

whistlestop01 has a spectacular aura aboutwhistlestop01 has a spectacular aura aboutwhistlestop01 has a spectacular aura about

That's a relief! We have an appointment at 9 at the Boston District Office. I'm goingto put down a list of questions! Isn't there a date by when I must apply for AOS?
Sorry to take over your thread Pauljarv but i am now way confused!!! I live in Quincy and about to marry my fiance. I am here on a K1 visa and going to apply for AOS/AP/EAD asap. I thought that you can't have appointments anymore as they changed the rules. What is your appointment for may I ask? I need to get the EAD asap as money is running out. Is that what you are going for??

Are you mailing in all your forms or giving them in? Sorry to ask but its all rather confusing.

TIA
Gisela xx
Old Mar 29th 2004, 9:19 am
BE Enthusiast

cutenurse300 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by whistlestop01
Sorry to take over your thread Pauljarv but i am now way confused!!! I live in Quincy and about to marry my fiance. I am here on a K1 visa and going to apply for AOS/AP/EAD asap. I thought that you can't have appointments anymore as they changed the rules. What is your appointment for may I ask? I need to get the EAD asap as money is running out. Is that what you are going for??

Are you mailing in all your forms or giving them in? Sorry to ask but its all rather confusing.

TIA
Gisela xx
Hi Gisela,

Well i m certainly gona send them in to the local office in Boston,as they will forward them.I know it s kind of confusing right now!!
Old Mar 29th 2004, 9:21 am

TIA
Gisela xx

Hey Girlie!

I have a question..
Can a K1 apply for EAD and AOS separately??
Big day is getting closer!! wooo!!
Old Mar 29th 2004, 9:25 am
BE Enthusiast

whistlestop01 has a spectacular aura aboutwhistlestop01 has a spectacular aura aboutwhistlestop01 has a spectacular aura about

Hey Girlie!

I have a question..
Can a K1 apply for EAD and AOS separately??
Big day is getting closer!! wooo!!
I know. Woohoo!! my mum was supposed to be coming today but shes not well enough so is coming next Monday. She doesnt have an outfit yet gulp!!!

I dont know if you can send them in separately as I am doing them together anyway.

Cutenurse you have email

Do you know what this appointment Pauljarv is having is for?

Love
Gisela x
Old Mar 29th 2004, 9:27 am

I know. Woohoo!! my mum was supposed to be coming today but shes not well enough so is coming next Monday. She doesnt have an outfit yet gulp!!!

I dont know if you can send them in separately as I am doing them together anyway.

Cutenurse you have email

Love
Gisela x

Tell her to get well soon!!! and to buy an outfit!!! Hurry up mother!! LOL
Old Mar 29th 2004, 9:27 am
BE Enthusiast

Cutenurse you have email

Love
Gisela x
You got e mail back Gisela!!!
Old Mar 29th 2004, 9:28 am

Originally posted by cutenurse300
Hey!

Can K1's file the EAD and AOS separately?
If yes.. I know someone is gonna be so happy!!!
Thanks in advance
Old Mar 29th 2004, 9:31 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally posted by cutenurse300
hi there Cutenurse.

For some reason I am not receiving emails thru expats. I am going to pm you on this and let you know my email addy if that is ok with you

Sorry!

Love G
Old Mar 29th 2004, 9:36 am
BE Enthusiast

hi there Cutenurse.

For some reason I am not receiving emails thru expats. I am going to pm you on this and let you know my email addy if that is ok with you

Sorry!

Love G
Hi Gisela,

I sended you a mail on your hotmail adress and also tried to pm you here but your inbox is full..so try to make some space girl..lol

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.