Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

AOS from within or K3 from afar...tough decision for Canadian wife of American

Wikiposts

AOS from within or K3 from afar...tough decision for Canadian wife of American

Old Jan 8th 2006, 4:40 am

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: AOS from within or K3 from afar...tough decision for Canadian wife of American

Originally Posted by Rete
It would have been fairer to the public in general and to those that search archives for information to have posted the entire thread. Here is it folks.

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...ricky+business
Ahhhh, the Spur of the Moment thread.. one of my favorites. Wasn't I just an eager little pup--I really thought we could bring that discussion to an elegant close and Improve Mankind!

Deja VooDoo all over again. Except I'm no longer optimistic.
Old Jan 8th 2006, 4:50 am
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: AOS from within or K3 from afar...tough decision for Canadian wife of American

Originally Posted by meauxna
Ahhhh, the Spur of the Moment thread.. one of my favorites. Wasn't I just an eager little pup--I really thought we could bring that discussion to an elegant close and Improve Mankind!
That remind me ..seeing her name again ... I must email Rajini and annoy here...
Old Jan 8th 2006, 4:55 am
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Nah, won't happen in our errr himself's lifetime. See what happens when you try to expand your knowledge by exchanging and debating issues with someone who could enlighten the masses. Nowt good comes from it. Oh well let's go play with the other kids in the Lounge and raise a little good natured hell ;-)
Old Jan 8th 2006, 4:55 am
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ray
That remind me ..seeing her name again ... I must email Rajini and annoy here...

Give her an annoying hug from me and don't squeeze her so hard that Ken will have to put the stuffing back in.
Old Jan 8th 2006, 4:59 am
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Nah, won't happen in our errr himself's lifetime. See what happens when you try to expand your knowledge by exchanging and debating issues with someone who could enlighten the masses. Nowt good comes from it. Oh well let's go play with the other kids in the Lounge and raise a little good natured hell ;-)
Hey ... you keep out of the Sophisticates area ...
Old Jan 8th 2006, 4:59 am
BE Forum Addict

andrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond repute

Wow... bringing up posts from 2001.... and here I could have sworn that it was now 2006, and this is a group of adults.

Mr Udall, I'm sure you are an excellent attorney, and I'm positive that many people have gained a lot from you. However (and this is said with the utmost respect), if you have so many ongoing (for years, clearly) problems with this forum, and with the people on it - why do you continue to frequent it? Just to harp on the same point over and over again? Yes, it is a valid point. But, it seems to be verging on obsession in almost every post you make.

As I mentioned, I mean you no disrespect, I'm just curious...
Old Jan 8th 2006, 5:15 am
CA to TX to Jamaica

CaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Noorah101
Whether she entered or re-entered is not the problem. The problem is in her intent at the POE, not matter how many time she enters or re-enters.

Rene
OK I'll try again. My question has nothing to do with intent.

I simply asked whether it was possible to re-enter the US (for arguments sake let's say without intent) and then AOS. The early posters on this thread assumed that it was possible, I didn't think it was. Just wondered who was right.
Old Jan 8th 2006, 5:18 am
CA to TX to Jamaica

CaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond repute

Hasn't this subject been covered an infinite number of times in the recent and not so recent past?
Not that I'd noticed. All the posts I had seen dealt with people who had not yet married, entered the US or were still in the US. I haven't seen anything about anyone who had left the US and thought they could re-enter and AOS. If you have the link that would be interesting to see.
Old Jan 8th 2006, 5:18 am
BE Forum Addict

andrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by CaliforniaBride

I simply asked whether it was possible to re-enter the US (for arguments sake let's say without intent) and then AOS. The early posters on this thread assumed that it was possible, I didn't think it was. Just wondered who was right.
Its possible. My best friend from high school just got his greencard this way. In his case, what he did was totally freakin' illegal and makes me so mad... but yes, it IS possible.
Old Jan 8th 2006, 5:20 am
CA to TX to Jamaica

What did your lawyer tell you when you asked?
I didn't ask. Why would I? I came here on VWP, married and returned to the UK. I waited patiently and then came back to the US on a K3 visa. I have been here since and have my AOS interview next week. Are you assuming that I am trying to do something illegal?
Old Jan 8th 2006, 5:21 am
CA to TX to Jamaica

Originally Posted by andrea874
Its possible. My best friend from high school just got his greencard this way. In his case, what he did was totally freakin' illegal and makes me so mad... but yes, it IS possible.
He left the country AFTER the marriage and RE-ENTERED before AOS'ing? Or he entered on VWP, married and then AOS'ed?
Old Jan 8th 2006, 5:22 am
BE Forum Addict

He left the country AFTER the marriage and RE-ENTERED before AOS'ing? Or he entered on VWP, married and then AOS'ed?
He got married in the US, then him and his wife went and lived in Canada for a year or two; came back to the US with no visa, with his wife; stayed; adjusted.
Old Jan 8th 2006, 5:48 am
Concierge

Yes and there is another BE poster who had done the same. They use to go by the nick the Pies but changed that. She was from the South and he was a Brit. They married here, he left, she filed the I-130, she and her son when to the UK to visit with him, she got sick, after leaving the UK hospital, he returned with them and stayed to succesfully adjust status.

Now that information is readily available in the archives so I am not promoting this avenue to anyone. It is definitely froth with pitfalls and this couple knew it and were willing to take the chance.
Old Jan 8th 2006, 6:11 am

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

I'm sure it happens every day.. how would it not be possible, or what difference would it make when the couple married? I guess I don't understand your question.. and I know what you've been doing immigration wise because you've posted it here! Why would I think anything different? <confused>

While I've seen the occasional post in the past from a couple already married, entering the US and asking about AOS, I don't keep links. Did you do any searching, or just wondering if anyone remembers a similar case?

I don't see what the difference would be if the couple is married or unmarried at entry. To me it sounds like the same end game: entry with a non-immigrant option with intent to immigrate at that entry. I've never heard of a distinction between married/unmarried or that unmarrieds-at-the-time-of-entry get some kind of special blessing from USCIS for being newlyweds.
Old Jan 8th 2006, 6:24 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

I don't see what the difference would be if the couple is married or unmarried at entry. To me it sounds like the same end game: entry with a non-immigrant option with intent to immigrate at that entry.
Thank you meauxna, that's the point I was trying to make also, not-so-very eloquently!

Rene

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.