Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

AOS..where to file..oklahoma or boston?

Wikiposts

AOS..where to file..oklahoma or boston?

Old Mar 5th 2004, 9:13 am
Just Joined

robaos is an unknown quantity at this point
Default AOS..where to file..oklahoma or boston?

I will be marrying my fiance next week in oklahoma. I live in boston. She lives in oklahoma with her parents. She is studing these days and will complete university after 2-3 months. After marriage, i will be living with her family for 2 weeks and will come back to boston and then she will join me after finishing her college. Now, the question is should i file for my AOS in oklahoma or in boston. If i file in OK i will have to file for change of address when she moves with me to boston. Would it be ok for me file in boston after i return to boston. Her father is going to be the joint sponsor whose address would be in OKlahoma. I m very much confused. Hope my question is not confusing..

Note: I m on B2 if that helps. And its a genuine spur of moment marriage to those whom it may concern.

Rob
Old Mar 5th 2004, 12:57 pm
Just Joined

britt is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: AOS..where to file..oklahoma or boston?

Originally posted by robaos
I will be marrying my fiance next week in oklahoma. I live in boston. She lives in oklahoma with her parents. She is studing these days and will complete university after 2-3 months. After marriage, i will be living with her family for 2 weeks and will come back to boston and then she will join me after finishing her college. Now, the question is should i file for my AOS in oklahoma or in boston. If i file in OK i will have to file for change of address when she moves with me to boston. Would it be ok for me file in boston after i return to boston. Her father is going to be the joint sponsor whose address would be in OKlahoma. I m very much confused. Hope my question is not confusing..

Note: I m on B2 if that helps. And its a genuine spur of moment marriage to those whom it may concern.

Rob
I guess any name you want to use to describe visa fraud is fine.
Old Mar 5th 2004, 1:20 pm
Just Joined

robaos is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: AOS..where to file..oklahoma or boston?

Originally posted by britt
I guess any name you want to use to describe visa fraud is fine.
Thats exactly the reason i thought twice whether i should say that i am on B2. People like britt would everybody who get married on B2 had a preconceived intent.

Rob