charlieumtali is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: AOS via VWP confused!!!

Woah, easy fella.
Old Sep 27th 2012, 4:10 pm
Just Joined

tallguy is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Noorah101
Instead of guessing and re-sending stuff in to USCIS blindly, I would have a consultation with an immigration attorney who can look at your accepted AOS package, and then look at the 2 children's AOS packages which were returned. He might be able to figure out where the problem is. If you just blindly keep sending and re-sending, you case will get stuck at some point.

Do you have permission from the children's other parent to remove them permanently from the UK?

Rene

Rene
Im so glad you responded as you seem to be able to give great advice WITHOUT the sarcasm........

I got it sorted out.....AND the short answer to my childrens 'other' parent is YES........ I do know that this is required for me to proceed

Thankyou for you response Rene
Old Sep 27th 2012, 4:13 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by tallguy

Any comments/help would be accepted/appreciated.

Sarcasm for anyone not knowing how to deal with things is NOT the way forward is it?
Old Sep 27th 2012, 4:18 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

sir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jeffreyhy
That being the case, you've seen the return package and we have not, so our guesses would be even wilder than yours.

Applying to adjust status from visitor status, especially a visa-waiver visitor, without having a consultation with an immigration attorney is a fool's errand. I agree with Rene - go see one now.

Regards, JEff
Again....sarcasm is NOT appreciated......... and I can assure you I am NO FOOL!!!!! Have a great day
I can assure you that you are in a situation that probably requires professional help from an attorney, Jeffrey was not being sarcastic.
Old Sep 27th 2012, 4:20 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute

Im so glad you responded as you seem to be able to give great advice WITHOUT the sarcasm........

I got it sorted out.....AND the short answer to my childrens 'other' parent is YES........ I do know that this is required for me to proceed

Thankyou for you response Rene
So, to help other people who might have the same situation as you, can you tell us what was wrong with the forms and why they were returned to you?

Thanks
Old Sep 27th 2012, 4:22 pm
Forum Regular

charlieumtali is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by sir_eccles
I can assure you that you are in a situation that probably requires professional help from an attorney, Jeffrey was not being sarcastic.
Seconded.

From my admittedly limited knowledge of the various immigration pathways, this one seems to rank highly on the complexity/unlikelihood-to-succeed scale, particularly if handled personally.
Old Sep 27th 2012, 4:39 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

I got it sorted out.....
I'm glad you got it sorted out. Can you please share what the problem was, and how you got it fixed? It would be helpful for others who read this thread in the future.

Thank you,
Rene
Old Sep 27th 2012, 4:44 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Again....sarcasm is NOT appreciated......... and I can assure you I am NO FOOL!!!!! Have a great day
JEff's warning, if you would actually read what was written and not take it personally, is vitally important to you.

If the adjustment fails for any reason whatsoever - including paperwork returned for whatever reason - there is no appeal process whatsoever. The children would be immediately removable from the US and it won't matter one iota whether or not your adjustment was successful, or whether they're minors, or whether you're married to a US citizen. You, and they, signed away all rights when you entered the US on the VWP. Adjusting from the VWP has serious risks that should not be underestimated... because when things go wrong, they go horribly wrong - and there's no way to recover.

I fully understand your frustration with the paperwork and your anxiety for a successful adjustment... but it's never a good idea to dismiss, as sarcastic, a comment that might just save your hide!

That all said, you specifically wrote, "Any comments/help would be accepted/appreciated" and you don't get to decide who responds to you... or in what matter. Just sayin'... don't shoot the messenger.

Ian

Last edited by ian-mstm; Sep 27th 2012 at 4:46 pm.
Old Sep 27th 2012, 4:49 pm

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute

Nothing sarcastic about it, I made a simple statement of opinion.

Regards, JEff

Again....sarcasm is NOT appreciated.........

Last edited by jeffreyhy; Sep 27th 2012 at 4:51 pm.
Old Sep 27th 2012, 4:52 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Noorah101
I'm glad you got it sorted out. Can you please share what the problem was, and how you got it fixed? It would be helpful for others who read this thread in the future.

Thank you,
Rene
Thankyou once again Rene for all your help and comments..........I think maybe I should just look up advise posted by you here and other sites........ Posting sarcasm from others and me responding to them is obviously not the way I want to proceed...

Once again Thankyou Rene
Old Sep 27th 2012, 5:14 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Thankyou once again Rene for all your help and comments..........I think maybe I should just look up advise posted by you here and other sites........ Posting sarcasm from others and me responding to them is obviously not the way I want to proceed...

Once again Thankyou Rene
You're very welcome...but can you share what the problem was, and how you resolved it? It would be helpful to others.

Thanks,
Rene
Old Sep 27th 2012, 5:16 pm
Forum Regular

katiekat is a glorious beacon of lightkatiekat is a glorious beacon of lightkatiekat is a glorious beacon of lightkatiekat is a glorious beacon of lightkatiekat is a glorious beacon of lightkatiekat is a glorious beacon of lightkatiekat is a glorious beacon of lightkatiekat is a glorious beacon of lightkatiekat is a glorious beacon of lightkatiekat is a glorious beacon of lightkatiekat is a glorious beacon of light

You seem to be missing the rather dire warnings offered to you by people who have seen very bad things happen...

You should have a consultation with an Immigration Attorney.

If you are denied you will be deported and you will not be able to appeal.

If your children are denied THEY will be deported and you will not be able to appeal.

Before continuing to proceed, before dismissing other people's comments whether you consider them to be sarcastic or whatever, you should consult with an attorney.
Old Sep 27th 2012, 9:51 pm
Forum Regular

Married2abrit has a reputation beyond reputeMarried2abrit has a reputation beyond reputeMarried2abrit has a reputation beyond reputeMarried2abrit has a reputation beyond reputeMarried2abrit has a reputation beyond reputeMarried2abrit has a reputation beyond reputeMarried2abrit has a reputation beyond reputeMarried2abrit has a reputation beyond reputeMarried2abrit has a reputation beyond reputeMarried2abrit has a reputation beyond reputeMarried2abrit has a reputation beyond repute

"I got it sorted out.....AND the short answer to my childrens 'other' parent is YES........ I do know that this is required for me to proceed"

In my opinion, the bolded section shows premeditation; that may become very problematic further on in your process.
Old Sep 27th 2012, 11:40 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Married2abrit
"I got it sorted out.....AND the short answer to my childrens 'other' parent is YES........ I do know that this is required for me to proceed"

In my opinion, the bolded section shows premeditation; that may become very problematic further on in your process.
In scottish law whilst both parents remain alive whether or NOT involved in childs life, the parent the children live with HAS to have permission from other parent to take children on holiday if outwith the country!!!!!! We came here on holiday........He gave up ALL access to children....He Has NOTHING to do with them.

I contacted my lawyer to ask where I stood with regards to this as I DO have EVERYTHING to do with my children.......I hope that clarifies things for you!!!
Old Sep 27th 2012, 11:44 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by katiekat
You seem to be missing the rather dire warnings offered to you by people who have seen very bad things happen...

You should have a consultation with an Immigration Attorney.

If you are denied you will be deported and you will not be able to appeal.

If your children are denied THEY will be deported and you will not be able to appeal.

Before continuing to proceed, before dismissing other people's comments whether you consider them to be sarcastic or whatever, you should consult with an attorney.

I HAVE

I only asked for help here because he wasnt working last night and I hoped I could resolve it..........with help from people who seemed to know........Big Mistake for me huh!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.