AOS Vaccination Supplement Sheet

Wikiposts

AOS Vaccination Supplement Sheet

Old Dec 3rd 2003, 4:09 pm
Just Joined

Stephanie11 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default AOS Vaccination Supplement Sheet

Wondering if anyone can clarify this?

When my Husband went for his Medical Exam as part of the K-1 process, the doctor filled this Vaccination sheet out, cleared him of having all the necessary shots, and it was forwarded to the the Consulate in Auckland along with his medical results.

He never got a copy of this, but wouldn't this form be with all the paperwork that is sent back to the VSC? If so, then why would it be necessary for him to re-submit for AOS?

Since having the necessary vaccinations are NOT required to get the K-1 Visa (just simply have to be done before applying for AOS), would submitting this Supplement sheet only pertain to the individuals who didn't have all the shots needed?

Just a little confused, thanks in advance for any help!
Old Dec 3rd 2003, 5:36 pm
Forum Regular

lins77 will become famous soon enough
Default Re: AOS Vaccination Supplement Sheet

Originally posted by Stephanie11
Wondering if anyone can clarify this?

When my Husband went for his Medical Exam as part of the K-1 process, the doctor filled this Vaccination sheet out, cleared him of having all the necessary shots, and it was forwarded to the the Consulate in Auckland along with his medical results.

He never got a copy of this, but wouldn't this form be with all the paperwork that is sent back to the VSC? If so, then why would it be necessary for him to re-submit for AOS?

Since having the necessary vaccinations are NOT required to get the K-1 Visa (just simply have to be done before applying for AOS), would submitting this Supplement sheet only pertain to the individuals who didn't have all the shots needed?

Just a little confused, thanks in advance for any help!

That's kind of the way I saw it when I was getting all my AOS stuff together but I got the supplement just to be on the safe side.

I did, though, submit a copy of the K-1 medical vaccination sheet, which they gave me at the medical, with my AOS application. I'd already had all my vaccinations done before the medical.

I didn't need the vaccination supplement at the AOS interview - I went through Portland just last month. Each office might be different, though.

Overall, I think if you can spare the money, its definitely better to have it and not need than need it and not have it.

Lindsey
Old Dec 3rd 2003, 6:15 pm
Kae
Forum Regular

Kae is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by lins77
That's kind of the way I saw it when I was getting all my AOS stuff together but I got the supplement just to be on the safe side.

I did, though, submit a copy of the K-1 medical vaccination sheet, which they gave me at the medical, with my AOS application. I'd already had all my vaccinations done before the medical.

I didn't need the vaccination supplement at the AOS interview - I went through Portland just last month. Each office might be different, though.

Overall, I think if you can spare the money, its definitely better to have it and not need than need it and not have it.

Lindsey

Completely off topic...how long was your wait for your AOS interview in Portland lins77? Just curious about how long they're taking right now by first-hand experience.
Old Dec 4th 2003, 6:15 am
Forum Regular

lins77 will become famous soon enough

Originally posted by Kae
Completely off topic...how long was your wait for your AOS interview in Portland lins77? Just curious about how long they're taking right now by first-hand experience.

It was really quick - I applied in mid-August. Got a letter at the end of September saying it was taking about 7 months and then around 2 weeks later got a letter with the interview date (17th Nov) so it was about 3 months from applying to the interview.

They also didn't bother with the fingerprinting thing either saying I didn't need it as I was a K-1.

I got the stamp in my passport on the day of the interview.

Lindsey
Old Dec 4th 2003, 11:38 am
Dawn

Stephanie~~

We learned the hard way to not assume anything when it comes to the
paperwork! My husband's medical file apparently got lost at the TSC,
because when we went for our AOS interview in Louisville, it was not
there. The officer said he knew all the info had to have been there
for us to get that far, but he could not approve us because the
immunizations were not in the file. Luckily, Simon had a copy of the
records, but we still have to haul a** around L'ville and find an INS
authorized physician to transfer them to an
approved form and then get back to the office by 2 pm. Very stressful
time!
I'd highly recommend getting a copy of the imm. record from his
physician just to be safe.

Dawn, married to Simon (UK)
K-1 TSC 8-00
Approved 12-00
Married 3-01
AOS 4-01
Filing removal of conditions 12-03

Old Dec 4th 2003, 6:24 pm
Kae
Forum Regular

Kae is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by lins77
It was really quick - I applied in mid-August. Got a letter at the end of September saying it was taking about 7 months and then around 2 weeks later got a letter with the interview date (17th Nov) so it was about 3 months from applying to the interview.

They also didn't bother with the fingerprinting thing either saying I didn't need it as I was a K-1.

I got the stamp in my passport on the day of the interview.

Lindsey

Thank you for the reply. Also quite pleasently surprised to hear how quickly you got your interview.