Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

AOS Vaccination Supp - Obtained in RI!

Wikiposts

AOS Vaccination Supp - Obtained in RI!

Old May 17th 2004, 11:22 am
BE Forum Addict

Karen D has much to be proud ofKaren D has much to be proud ofKaren D has much to be proud ofKaren D has much to be proud ofKaren D has much to be proud ofKaren D has much to be proud ofKaren D has much to be proud ofKaren D has much to be proud ofKaren D has much to be proud ofKaren D has much to be proud ofKaren D has much to be proud of
Default AOS Vaccination Supp - Obtained in RI!

Well, what a very pleasant, painless experience that was!

When I first called one of the USCIS approved civil surgeons listed in my area last October regarding obtaining the vaccination supplement needed for AOS, I was pleasantly surprised when they knew exactly what I was talking about! Having read some of the stories on this forum, I was expecting to have to explain what I needed and the fact that I didn't need a full medical, again!

Still, my appointment was today and I was a little apprehensive all the same. When I arrived, I had to fill out a form, provide picture ID, proof of my vaccinations (I never received the form from the London medical) and pay my $15 - I was amazed that the fee hadn't gone up since last October!

After waiting my turn, I saw (a very friendly) Dr McCloy who filled in my "Supplemental Form to I-693" (Adjustment of Status Applicant's Document of Immunization). I didn't have to explain anything! He handed me my sealed envelope needed for the AOS interview, and also gave me a copy of the form inside the envelope for my records.

Just wanted to share my experience with you all, especially as the vaccination supplement has been a much discussed point here, and also to give the name of the civil surgeon that I used - highly recommended. If any of you are near Rhode Island, only having to pay $15 for this document is one real bonus, let alone the fact that this office knew exactly what they were doing! What a refreshing change...

Dr. Steven McCloy
Occupational Health & Rehabilitation, Inc.
203 Concord Street, Suite 301
Pawtucket, RI 02860

Tel: (401)722-8880

Old May 18th 2004, 1:33 am
K1 via London

Steffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: AOS Vaccination Supp - Obtained in RI!

Good to hear that you had no problems!

I know you need to obtain the supplement within one year of the initial medial. What if my AOS interview isn't expected for another 2/2.5 years? Will the supplement expire by then if I get it now? Would I have to go through an entire new medical?
Old May 18th 2004, 1:40 am
The Missus

SecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Steffi

I know you need to obtain the supplement within one year of the initial medial. What if my AOS interview isn't expected for another 2/2.5 years? Will the supplement expire by then if I get it now? Would I have to go through an entire new medical?
Hi Steffi,
My understanding is that your medical for the K1 has to be a year old or less from the time of your AOS *application*, not your interview. If it were based on the interview, just about no one would make that cut off and we'd all have to get a new medical!

And to Karen, congrats! Another hurdle jumped!

~SecretGarden
Old May 18th 2004, 2:20 am
C.G.D.S

sibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for that Karen. That's near enough for me to visit when the time comes.
Old May 18th 2004, 12:55 pm
BE Forum Addict

Karen D has much to be proud ofKaren D has much to be proud ofKaren D has much to be proud ofKaren D has much to be proud ofKaren D has much to be proud ofKaren D has much to be proud ofKaren D has much to be proud ofKaren D has much to be proud ofKaren D has much to be proud ofKaren D has much to be proud ofKaren D has much to be proud of

Originally posted by Steffi

Steffi, Hi.

I was thinking about you, what happened about your planned trip and AP?
Old May 19th 2004, 1:56 am
K1 via London

Steffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by SecretGarden
My understanding is that your medical for the K1 has to be a year old or less from the time of your AOS *application*, not your interview. If it were based on the interview, just about no one would make that cut off and we'd all have to get a new medical!
So that means I also need to get my supplement within one year of AOS application then, yes?

Originally posted by Karen D
I was thinking about you, what happened about your planned trip and AP?
Ha! *sigh* Let me try to make it as short as I sort of can: Patrick and I contacted everyone from our congressman, Atlanta office, USCIS headquaters, to Department of Homeland Security. No one was ever really able to do anything. To make things worse we were told twice that our file didn't even appear on their computer screens! Finally on May 10th they printed the "official" NOA (the one with the tracking number), which we received Thursday the 13th. On there it stated it would take another 60-90 days. We entered the tracking number into my online portfolio that the USCIS now offers on their website. On Monday the 17th, the day we were supposed to fly at 5:50pm, we came home from work at about 5:30, I checked my email at about 6:00 to find an email from the USCIS notifying me my AP had been approved on Friday the 14th!! Technically it was approved before my flight, but of cuorse that did me no good as I didn't receive the notification until the day I was leaving, and even so I still would have to wait for the actual papers in the mail. Patrick and I think maybe someone did try to expedite it as it was approved within 4 days of being processed when it should have taken 60-90.
So yeah, in the end we didn't make it on the flight and are now waiting before we get the papers to try to reschedule all our flights. We're now thinking about travelling late June/early July to mid July.
Old May 19th 2004, 2:07 am
C.G.D.S

sibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond repute

So sorry to hear you missed your trip Steffi. Have you at least got a multi trip AP for when it does finally arrive?
Old May 19th 2004, 5:14 am
K1 via London

Originally posted by sibsie
So sorry to hear you missed your trip Steffi. Have you at least got a multi trip AP for when it does finally arrive?
That I don't know yet. The email just said it was approved, it didn't indicate what kind it was. After all this trouble it better be a multi trip one year AP though! *L*
Old May 19th 2004, 10:05 am
BE Forum Addict

What an absolute bummer... Sorry to hear that Steffi. I do hope it all works out well for you to travel June/July time. Please keep us informed.
Old May 20th 2004, 3:20 am
K1 via London

PS I think I forgot to mention they LOST my file and I had to re-file it actually! Had they not lost it I'd more than likely be in Europe right now. Because once we refiled it we received the actual NOA within about 2 weeks.