Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

AOS and traveling outside USA

Wikiposts

AOS and traveling outside USA

Old Apr 9th 2002, 7:10 am
Mfb

Default AOS and traveling outside USA

I (USC) have a timeshare in Cabo San Lucas. I would like to vacation in Mexico with
my new wife (K1 visa, Russian)... Does she simply need a Tourist Visa to Mexico? But,
then she (duh) needs admittance back to good ol' USA. Is marriage certificate and
traveling with me good enough? What about "advanced parole"? or basically am I SOL?
Thanks, MFB

Old Apr 9th 2002, 7:40 am
Andy Platt

Default Re: AOS and traveling outside USA

Yes she will need advance parole (which she can only get once she has filed to adjust
status). Russian citizens need visitor's visas for Mexico (previously permanent
residents wouldn't need tourist visas but they seem to have dropped that post 9/11 -
not that that would apply in this case anyway).

Andy.

--
I'm not really here - it's just your warped imagination. "mfb" <[email protected]>
wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > I (USC) have a timeshare in Cabo San Lucas. I would like to vacation in Mexico with
    > my new wife (K1 visa, Russian)... Does she simply need a Tourist Visa to Mexico?
    > But, then she (duh) needs admittance back to good ol' USA. Is marriage certificate
    > and traveling with me good enough? What about "advanced parole"? or basically am I
    > SOL? Thanks, MFB

Old Apr 9th 2002, 10:40 am
Alvena Ferreira

Default Re: AOS and traveling outside USA

mfb wrote:
    > I (USC) have a timeshare in Cabo San Lucas. I would like to vacation in Mexico
    > with my new wife (K1 visa, Russian)... Does she simply need a Tourist Visa to
    > Mexico? But, then she (duh) needs admittance back to good ol' USA. Is marriage
    > certificate and traveling with me good enough? What about "advanced parole"? or
    > basically am I SOL?

She will need advance parole to have re-admittance to the US after the vacation. YOu
can file for AP at the same time you file AOS. The time to get it varies. Best to
specify on the form when you need to travel and hope for the best. Alvena

Doc Steen Site: http://www.mindspring.com/~docsteen/...o/visainfo.htm
=========================================
I am not a lawyer and this is not immigration advice. This is my personal opinion,
gleaned from the previous postings of others, and posted for the purpose of
discussion only. If your case is complicated, then you may need an immigration
attorney. Locate an immigration attorney in your area at: http://www.aila.org
=========================================