AOS taking FOREVER!

Old Jul 5th 2012, 1:40 pm
BE Commentator

S Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: AOS taking FOREVER!

Originally Posted by frambuesas
Fair point. Still subjective though, which is why it frustrates people, and while one can imagine the human factors that may cause delays, you never actually know.
Yes, there are always subjective components in this area. I do suggest that knowledge of the subjectiveness might ease the frustration. There is a reason for the adage "a watched pot never boils." The adage is not true, but it sure seems that way!
Old Jul 5th 2012, 2:09 pm
Forum Regular

frambuesas is just really niceframbuesas is just really niceframbuesas is just really niceframbuesas is just really niceframbuesas is just really niceframbuesas is just really niceframbuesas is just really niceframbuesas is just really niceframbuesas is just really niceframbuesas is just really nice

Originally Posted by S Folinsky
Yes, there are always subjective components in this area. I do suggest that knowledge of the subjectiveness might ease the frustration. There is a reason for the adage "a watched pot never boils." The adage is not true, but it sure seems that way!
It does ease it, yes. I've done all I can now, so it's just a case of sitting and waiting until we hear something.
Old Jul 5th 2012, 2:12 pm
BE Commentator

S Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond repute

It does ease it, yes. I've done all I can now, so it's just a case of sitting and waiting until we hear something.
When I was in the US Army, there was another adage: "Hurry up, then wait."

Of course, I am somewhat fond of the US Army version of Colonel Bogey -- about what makes the grass grow green.
Old Jul 5th 2012, 2:47 pm
Forum Regular

frambuesas is just really niceframbuesas is just really niceframbuesas is just really niceframbuesas is just really niceframbuesas is just really niceframbuesas is just really niceframbuesas is just really niceframbuesas is just really niceframbuesas is just really niceframbuesas is just really nice

Originally Posted by S Folinsky
When I was in the US Army, there was another adage: "Hurry up, then wait."

Of course, I am somewhat fond of the US Army version of Colonel Bogey -- about what makes the grass grow green.
Hurry up and wait is right! As for the horse manure idea, I'm not sure it will help with my case, but I will bear it in mind.
Old Jul 5th 2012, 2:49 pm
Grumpy Know-it-all

Steve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond repute

The case was moved from our original processing center to the California Service Center in April to "speed up processing" but we've not heard anything since. It's getting very frustrating! Anyone else's experiences/knowledge would be much appreciated.
That probably slowed it down, the California Service Center is the slowest and now they've just had this whole "application for delayed action" thing dropped in their laps by Obama.

If you look on the USCIS website, they have the estimates on there which you appear to have found, they seem to me to be very elastic for that centre.
Old Jul 5th 2012, 3:02 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Steve_
That probably slowed it down, the California Service Center is the slowest and now they've just had this whole "application for delayed action" thing dropped in their laps by Obama.

If you look on the USCIS website, they have the estimates on there which you appear to have found, they seem to me to be very elastic for that centre.
Thanks, Steve. I looked at the estimates a while back and they weren't so encouraging. Oh well! I feel better for having asked on BE and for calling the USCIS too.
Old Jul 11th 2012, 10:02 pm
Forum Regular

Got it, got it, got it!

Well, got the email and online confirmation saying my GC was being produced. So happy! Thanks for all your help, everyone.

Wrote a quick blog about it here. Please don't hold my awful lyrics re-writing/plagiarism against me.
Old Jul 11th 2012, 10:51 pm
Forum Regular

Leyther has much to be proud ofLeyther has much to be proud ofLeyther has much to be proud ofLeyther has much to be proud ofLeyther has much to be proud ofLeyther has much to be proud ofLeyther has much to be proud ofLeyther has much to be proud ofLeyther has much to be proud ofLeyther has much to be proud ofLeyther has much to be proud of

Got it, got it, got it!

Well, got the email and online confirmation saying my GC was being produced. So happy! Thanks for all your help, everyone.

Wrote a quick blog about it here. Please don't hold my awful lyrics re-writing/plagiarism against me.
Congrats! I expect your shiny new GC to be in your mailbox within the next 10-12 days. Just keep an eye out for those "We have mailed your card" and "The USPS has picked up your card" emails and usually 2-3 days after those it will be in your hands.

Don't be surprised if you also get two or three of those "in production" emails and don't worry if your online case status reverts back to "decision", it is completely normal.

Congratulations once again! BTW, I kind of like the look of the new GC!
Old Jul 11th 2012, 10:55 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Leyther
Congrats! I expect your shiny new GC to be in your mailbox within the next 10-12 days. Just keep an eye out for those "We have mailed your card" and "The USPS has picked up your card" emails and usually 2-3 days after those it will be in your hands.

Don't be surprised if you also get two or three of those "in production" emails and don't worry if your online case status reverts back to "decision", it is completely normal.

Congratulations once again! BTW, I kind of like the look of the new GC!
Thank you! And thanks for the tip. I'm neurotic as it is, so it's good to know! So excited to have a big chunk of this journey behind me. I'll post a pic when I get it in my hands!
Old Jul 11th 2012, 11:04 pm
Forum Regular

Leyther has much to be proud ofLeyther has much to be proud ofLeyther has much to be proud ofLeyther has much to be proud ofLeyther has much to be proud ofLeyther has much to be proud ofLeyther has much to be proud ofLeyther has much to be proud ofLeyther has much to be proud ofLeyther has much to be proud ofLeyther has much to be proud of

Thank you! And thanks for the tip. I'm neurotic as it is, so it's good to know! So excited to have a big chunk of this journey behind me. I'll post a pic when I get it in my hands!
That is so true!

At least the next step is only one Form to complete and by the looks of things you will be eligible to file for the ROC about a month after me!
Old Jul 11th 2012, 11:10 pm
Forum Regular

That is so true!

At least the next step is only one Form to complete and by the looks of things you will be eligible to file for the ROC about a month after me!
Maybe we can have an online party together once that happens! As I understand it, I have to wait for two years before applying for a 10 year card, and then after three I can apply for citizenship. Is this the same as ROC or do I need to do that first?

And ONE form? Joy!
Old Jul 11th 2012, 11:23 pm
Forum Regular

Maybe we can have an online party together once that happens! As I understand it, I have to wait for two years before applying for a 10 year card, and then after three I can apply for citizenship. Is this the same as ROC or do I need to do that first?

And ONE form? Joy!
You are eligible to file Form I-751, which removes the conditions of your 2 year GC and ultimately ends with you having your 10 year GC anytime within the 90 day window of the expiration of your 2 year GC. It would be prudent to file as early in the 90 day window as possible so as not to run the risk of cutting that two year deadline too close. This process is called Removal of Conditions (ROC).

You are eligible to file for naturalization within the 90 day window prior to your third anniversary of being a permanent resident (assuming you are still married to your USC of course)-- but the good news is, that there is no "dead-line" to file for naturalization.

And yes, just one Form (I-751) and a whole bunch of evidence to prove a bona-fide relationship is still on-going. So it isn't much different that what we have just done anyway. The downside is that it is taking 6-8 months for the USCIS to adjudicate just this one form and another $590
Old Jul 11th 2012, 11:25 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

I have to wait for two years before applying for a 10 year card, and then after three I can apply for citizenship. Is this the same as ROC or do I need to do that first?
You can apply for citizenship whever you are eligible whether or not the I-751 (please use the form number... not ROC!) has been adjudicated.

Ian
Old Jul 11th 2012, 11:28 pm
Forum Regular

You are eligible to file Form I-751, which removes the conditions of your 2 year GC and ultimately ends with you having your 10 year GC anytime within the 90 day window of the expiration of your 2 year GC. It would be prudent to file as early in the 90 day window as possible so as not to run the risk of cutting that two year deadline too close. This process is called Removal of Conditions (ROC).

You are eligible to file for naturalization within the 90 day window prior to your third anniversary of being a permanent resident (assuming you are still married to your USC of course)-- but the good news is, that there is no "dead-line" to file for naturalization.

And yes, just one Form (I-751) and a whole bunch of evidence to prove a bona-fide relationship is still on-going. So it isn't much different that what we have just done anyway. The downside is that it is taking 6-8 months for the USCIS to adjudicate just this one form and another $590
Excellent. So getting the 10 year green card is the ROC. Got it. And 8 months?! Sounds about right. If that is the case, do the USCIS send you an extension of your LPR status? As otherwise you'd have an out-of-date two year GC with no documentation to say it's in the process of being updated.
Old Jul 11th 2012, 11:29 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by ian-mstm
You can apply for citizenship whever you are eligible whether or not the I-751 (please use the form number... not ROC!) has been adjudicated.

Ian
Which is after three years of legal permanent resident status, as I understand it? So I would need to file the I-751 anyway, as my GC would run out before that time.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.