Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

AOS Success in Newark NJ

AOS Success in Newark NJ

Old Jul 29th 2005, 1:14 pm
Forum Regular

neerluck is an unknown quantity at this point
Default AOS Success in Newark NJ

Yesterday was my wife's AOS interview at Newark.
We took the train to Newark. We had two large bags filled with paperwork and one large bag for the baby, plus the baby stroller.
It was tough on the crowded rush hour train filled with commuters to New York. Due to the recent terrorist events in UK, I was expecting to be
stopped and searched by police since I was carrying so many bags, but nobody stopped us and our fellow commuters did not give us a second glance.
We walked from the train station to the immigration building, we were 3 hours early so we stopped for an hour for breakfast.
Our appt was for 10.30am and we got on the huge line outside the building at 9.00am. Finally got inside the building at 9.45am. And then went to our
room on the 13th floor. They wouldn't accept my appt letter until 10.00am, so I waited for about 10 minutes and then gave them the letter.
The room was big and half full. When we walked in, every body stared at us since we were carrying so much stuff.
At 10.15 am my wifes name was called and we went inside. The interview took place inside a cubicle and being on the 13th floor it had a very
nice view. Infact, I could even see Rutgers University where I am currently doing my MBA part time.
The interviewer was a young asian/hispanic/white guy. I couldn't tell his race, but I was surprised to see that he was that young. Infact, i would
say that he was about the same age as me.
He asked us to raise our right hand and swear the oath, I did not see a camera anywhere.
We sat down and my 1 year old daughter started to knock things off his desk. My wife quickly stopped that.
He asked to see our passports and then asked to see our birth certificates. He asked some more questions about our daughter and took
a copy of her birth certificate. He asked for the marriage certificate, 2004 tax return and medical.
He asked my wife where I worked,how long I have worked there, where I study, what my highest education qualification is. He asked if my wife
has ever been arrested. Where my wife worked.
After that, my daughter started saying something in baby talk and he smiled slightly at that. He then said, I am approving your case and stamped my
wifes passport.
He did not look at any evidence of joint relationship or photographs.
We thanked him and left. The whole thing took about 10 minutes.
Old Jul 29th 2005, 2:00 pm
Expat Aussie

Location: Gainesville, VA, USA / Alice Springs, NT, Australia
AussieSteve has a brilliant futureAussieSteve has a brilliant futureAussieSteve has a brilliant futureAussieSteve has a brilliant futureAussieSteve has a brilliant futureAussieSteve has a brilliant future
Default Re: AOS Success in Newark NJ

Originally Posted by neerluck
After that, my daughter started saying something in baby talk and he smiled slightly at that. He then said, I am approving your case and stamped my
wifes passport.
Congrats, great news...
Old Jul 29th 2005, 6:27 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Great news. Congratulations.
Old Aug 10th 2005, 10:00 pm
Forum Regular

sap123 is an unknown quantity at this point

We took the train to Newark. We had two large bags filled with paperwork and one large bag for the baby, plus the baby stroller.
It was tough on the crowded rush hour train filled with commuters to New York. Due to the recent terrorist events in UK, I was expecting to be
stopped and searched by police since I was carrying so many bags, but nobody stopped us and our fellow commuters did not give us a second glance.
We walked from the train station to the immigration building, we were 3 hours early so we stopped for an hour for breakfast.
Our appt was for 10.30am and we got on the huge line outside the building at 9.00am. Finally got inside the building at 9.45am. And then went to our
room on the 13th floor. They wouldn't accept my appt letter until 10.00am, so I waited for about 10 minutes and then gave them the letter.
The room was big and half full. When we walked in, every body stared at us since we were carrying so much stuff.
At 10.15 am my wifes name was called and we went inside. The interview took place inside a cubicle and being on the 13th floor it had a very
nice view. Infact, I could even see Rutgers University where I am currently doing my MBA part time.
The interviewer was a young asian/hispanic/white guy. I couldn't tell his race, but I was surprised to see that he was that young. Infact, i would
He asked us to raise our right hand and swear the oath, I did not see a camera anywhere.
We sat down and my 1 year old daughter started to knock things off his desk. My wife quickly stopped that.
He asked to see our passports and then asked to see our birth certificates. He asked some more questions about our daughter and took
a copy of her birth certificate. He asked for the marriage certificate, 2004 tax return and medical.
He asked my wife where I worked,how long I have worked there, where I study, what my highest education qualification is. He asked if my wife
wifes passport.
Hello,

Could you be please little more specifi about interview?
I have my interview on Aug 23, 2005 at Newark, NJ office. 13th Floor Room 1300. On my interview letter, underneath the address of the interview place they have writter "7". I belive that might be some internal coding, which office is going to interview me. If you still have that letter would you tell me what number it is.

Also, do you have to stand on the line at the building entrance, if you have the appointment? My time is 8:30 AM.

Thank You,
Old Aug 10th 2005, 11:15 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Belated congrats, neerluck & Mrs neerluck!!
Old Aug 11th 2005, 12:30 am
Corpsicle

nathan barley is a jewel in the roughnathan barley is a jewel in the roughnathan barley is a jewel in the roughnathan barley is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by sap123
On my interview letter, underneath the address of the interview place they have writter "7".
It's an internal code, for sure - as to what it means, who knows. My interview form stated "6". (Garden City, NY)

Congrats neerluck, good to see yours went quickly also.
Old Aug 11th 2005, 2:01 am
Forum Regular

bantik2005 has a spectacular aura aboutbantik2005 has a spectacular aura aboutbantik2005 has a spectacular aura about

congratulations,
expect gc within couple of weeks
Old Sep 6th 2005, 4:11 pm
Forum Regular

mike2005 is an unknown quantity at this point

wifes passport.
Hi,

Congrats.

I had my interview last week. They stamped my PP. I just want to know how long it is taking to get plastic card for the cases processed bt Newark, NJ office. Did your wife received her Plastic card? If you can share the date I would appreciate it.
Old Sep 6th 2005, 4:49 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mike2005
Hi,

Congrats.

I had my interview last week. They stamped my PP. I just want to know how long it is taking to get plastic card for the cases processed bt Newark, NJ office. Did your wife received her Plastic card? If you can share the date I would appreciate it.

Why do you insist on calling the green card a "plastic" card?

And why to you think Neerluck will answer second question if they did not answer your first question.

And why the urgency in having your green card? You planning on copying it and selling it or something?
Old Sep 6th 2005, 7:00 pm
Ezpy

Rete wrote:
    >Why do you insist on calling the green card a "plastic" card?

I know a few people who do that. It seems strange
to call it a "green card" when it isn't actually green.
To add to the confusion, our attorney refers to the
receipt of the passport stamp as "green card approval."

Saying "the plastic card" at least makes it clearer what
the person is talking about.

Best,

Ezpy - who has the couple's interview on Thursday in Los
Angeles.