Reload this Page >

AOS Success in Honolulu

AOS Success in Honolulu

Old Jul 20th 2005, 7:27 am
Just Joined

antcrook is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs up AOS Success in Honolulu

Hi all,

I had a successful AOS interview in Honolulu on Monday, July 17. I was issued the standard conditional resident card, which is to arrive in the mail shortly.

We live on the island of Kauai, so we flew into Honolulu on Sunday to make a mini -vacation out of the trip and to justify spending $165/person for a round trip flight to an island that is 100mi away.
The interview was at 10:45am and we arrived at about 10:15. There were not too many people there, for a Monday morning. At around 10:30 they called the couple that was there before us. They walked by carrying this huge box of papers, it must have been heavy because they both had to carry it. I got a bit worried as I only had a small file with all my docs in it. 30 mins later they walked out again with no indication on whether they were approved. At about 11am we were called in, by a different officer. We were sworn in, took a seat and started the interview. First thing she wanted was my passport, AP, and EAD. She pulled out my file and started looking thru, asking me my address, phone number, parents names. Then she asked how we met. We gave here a fairly detailed description of our lives together, from the time we met, in 1996 till the present. All the while she wrote down as much as she thought important. We gave her an updated version of the I-864 and the medical. And that was it. No other other docs were asked for. Seems like I spent hours, no, days compiling all the documents, making copies, going thru photos of us together. I guess our story was fairly convincing, or it could have been that my wife was 8 months pregnant. Who knows... I got the temp stamp in my passport, and should get the card in a few weeks. She did give my current EAD card back, which I though was rather strange, as she pointed out that the stamp in the passport is as good as the GC itself with all the rights and privileges that goes with it.

Ant
Old Jul 20th 2005, 12:35 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: AOS Success in Honolulu

Originally Posted by antcrook
I had a successful AOS interview in Honolulu on Monday, July 17.
Congratulations!

Ian
Old Jul 20th 2005, 4:08 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by antcrook
Hi all,

I had a successful AOS interview in Honolulu on Monday, July 17.
Congrats, Ant! You're the new poster child for success in transferring a case to a new office (nice choice, btw).
Now you can count the days to your new little addition!
Best to you all
Old Jul 20th 2005, 4:24 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Congratulations, Ant! Wonderful feeling, isn't it?

Rene
Old Jul 20th 2005, 6:34 pm

maximus76 is on a distinguished road

CONGRATS!
and thanks for sharing.