AOS success Baltimore(long)

Wikiposts

AOS success Baltimore(long)

Old Jul 11th 2002, 6:20 am
Mit

Default AOS success Baltimore(long)

Hi all! Tim and I went for our AOS interview yesterday (07/10/02) and it went
quite well!

We arrived outside the INS around 7:30am for our 8:15am interview and didn't wait
that long in the line. We were seated around 7:50 after giving in our appointment
letter at the window. Officer G called us on time and took us back to her office. She
asked us to raise our right hands and swear to tell the truth today. Both of us were
expecting her to say more and hesitated before saying yes. She then asked us both for
ID, she also asked me for my EAD card.

She then proceeded to ask me my full name, date of birth, address, where I was born,
Tim's date of birth, where he was born(which I goofed 'cos I went blank), my parents
names (I goofed again on my dad's 'cos he's deceased for the past 24 years). She then
asked when was the last time I entered the US and took away my I-94 card and
confirmed with me that it was through BWI and that an INS officer interviewed me at
the airport. I was asked for my SSN number(which I had to look up 'cos I couldn't
remember it) and whether I was working. Then it was Tim's turn. She asked him when we
met, how we met, how long after meeting did we start dating, what did I do after
leaving the US, how many times did he come over to London to see me, my parents
names(he only knew my mom's). And Tim answered all in his usual calm and easygoing
way. She then asked me if I was subject to the 2year residency rule. When I told her
no, she asked for documentation. Luckily we had my old IAP-66 form with me. She
wanted a copy but since we didn't think they'd want it we didn't have any. So she
took the original saying that we wouldn't need it anymore anyway. I was then asked
the have you ever questions. She kept ticking off our responses on the documents we
had submitted during the whole process. Tim feels that if anyone can't remember
something, they should just lean over, have a look and then answer. It was that
simple to see everything.

Anyway, once those were done she asked us for supporting proof of our marriage. And
here Tim pulls out copies and originals of: all the cards I have(prescription,
vision, dental, health, Columbia Assoc), Bank letter verifying joint accounts(my name
doesn't show up on any statements even though we use our own cards), Insurance
enrollment forms(health, dental, vision and life), Car insurance cards, Letter from
Insurace company verifying joint accounts, Gynae mail and our trip itinerary to South
Africa. She asked Tim if he's ever met my family and he said no but he was going to
meet my mom this Friday as she was coming over for the wedding ceremony. He then took
out statements/invoices from the health insurance company (for doctors visits, gynae
visits and bloodwork for vaccinations) and from the dental insurance. She took all
and hardly looked through it.

Next came the photos from our civil ceremony, an Orioles game and the DC cookout.
Not much since we've only been married 3 months and most pictures we've taken since
are of each other camping, BBQ's etc. She hardly looked at them as well but did
notice that we had gotten married by the same lady in Ellicot City as she had. We
also gave her copies of our upcoming wedding ceremony stuff like the wedding
invitiation, gift registries, ceremony site contract/receipt, reception site
deposit/contract and DJ contract.

She then said that we had sufficient information for her to approve our case. I was
fingerprinted and asked to sign something. Once done she stamped my passport and
showed me the stamp. Luckily I checked and made her confirm the date 'cos she had
written in the valid until section 'vaild until 9 July 2002'. She did change it and
initialed next to it. But I'm still wary about that. It looks like anyone can alter
it and intial it, how would the INS know that it was one of their staff? Tim said
that maybe the other things she had written under the stamp were the important bits
of info. She did say that it would take 2-6 months to get the green card and gave us
a piece of paper to remind us about the removal of conditions in 2yrs.

And that was that! We were on our way to the car park at 8:35. I hope this long story
helps someone!

Cubendri

Our timeline

04/04/02 - Entered US on K1 visa
04/05/02 - Civil ceremony
04/06/02 - Tetanus vaccination
04/07/02 - MMR vaccination (Had been awaiting bloodwork - needed only common measles
vaccine but had to take all)
04/08/02 - Sent AOS paperwork to VSC
04/09/02 - Received return receipt
05/24 to 06/06 - Received NOA's (AOS, EAD, AP received and AOS, EAD sent to
Baltimore)
05/1/02 - Received fingerprint notice(didn't stipulate date so I went on the same
day)
05/2/02 - Received EAD notice
05/3/02 - Received AOS appointment letter
05/4/02 - EAD appointment
- Changed name, address and status on SSN card
05/5/02 - AOS interview success!!

Old Jul 11th 2002, 6:20 am
Andy Platt

Default Re: AOS success Baltimore(long)

"mit" <[email protected]> wrote ...

> Hi all! Tim and I went for our AOS interview yesterday (07/10/02) and it went
    > quite well!

Congrats.

> next to it. But I'm still wary about that. It looks like anyone can alter it and
    > intial it, how would the INS know that it was one of their staff? Tim said that
    > maybe the other things she had written under the stamp were the important bits of
    > info. She did say that it

Well, see the thread about the stamp being so forgeable anyway! Chances are you'll
have the GC before you need to worry about it. The other bits were probably your A#
and category (CF-1 it should have been).

Andy.

--
I'm not really here - it's just your warped imagination.

Old Jul 11th 2002, 8:44 am
pharrya's troublen strife

ms_bhon has a brilliant futurems_bhon has a brilliant futurems_bhon has a brilliant futurems_bhon has a brilliant futurems_bhon has a brilliant futurems_bhon has a brilliant future

Congratulations!
You're the South African gal that posted that OT a while back, aren't you? About not being able to meet many new "travelly" types, or South Africans? Well, if you're interested, some of the Brit/US couples may be getting togther in August down in Alexandria. No antipodeans, but you're certainly welcome to come!
Old Jul 12th 2002, 12:20 pm
Mit

ms_bhon <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
    > Congratulations! You're the South African gal that posted that OT a while back,
    > aren't you? About not being able to meet many new "travelly" types, or South
    > Africans? Well, if you're interested, some of the Brit/US couples may be getting
    > togther in August down in Alexandria. No antipodeans, but you're certainly welcome
    > to come!

Hi there! Yup, I am! Sorry I didn't reply to the other post. I only noticed a few
days ago that u and Mrs Blackross had posted messages afterwards. I'll definetly try
Bertha's. I've been having problems trying to post. I think maybe this pc's gotta be
replaced. And I didn't log out once so it refused to allow me to post when I
re-entered a few days later.

We'll definetly try to make it. I have been following(lurking more like it) the post
about the UK/US cuples meeting in Virginia. Glad to hear that I'm also welcome. Thanx
for the responses!!!!!!

Old Jul 14th 2002, 7:20 am
Mrs_blackross

congrats! based on personal experience with Baltimore INS, you will probably get your
green card in the mail within three weeks, so that stamp won't matter anyways.

--
Crazy Canuck married to a Dam Yankee Entered as Visitor 07/04/01 Married 08/25/01
Filed @ VSC-AOS, EAD, AP 01/07/02 1st NOA 02/06/02 2nd NOA 02/07/02 EAD approved
02/26/02 AP Approved 02/28/02 AOS appointment letter rec'd 03/07/02 Fingerprint
letter rec'd 03/07/02 AOS interview 04/02/02 AOS APPROVED 04/02/02!!! GC arrived in
mail 04/19/02 next step..removing conditions..April 2004

some helpful sites on the net:
http://www.mindspring.com/~docsteen/...o/visainfo.htm
http://www.k1faq.com/faq_index.htm
http://www.geocities.com/immigration...-130/index.htm

"mit" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
    > Hi all! Tim and I went for our AOS interview yesterday (07/10/02) and it went
    > quite well!
    >
    > We arrived outside the INS around 7:30am for our 8:15am interview and didn't wait
    > that long in the line. We were seated around 7:50 after giving in our appointment
    > letter at the window. Officer G called us on time and took us back to her office.
    > She asked us to raise our right hands and swear to tell the truth today. Both of us
    > were expecting her to say more and hesitated before saying yes. She then asked us
    > both for ID, she also asked me for my EAD card.
    >
    > She then proceeded to ask me my full name, date of birth, address, where I was
    > born, Tim's date of birth, where he was born(which I goofed 'cos I went blank), my
    > parents names (I goofed again on my dad's 'cos he's deceased for the past 24
    > years). She then asked when was the last time I entered the US and took away my
    > I-94 card and confirmed with me that it was through BWI and that an INS officer
    > interviewed me at the airport. I was asked for my SSN number(which I had to look up
    > 'cos I couldn't remember it) and whether I was working. Then it was Tim's turn. She
    > asked him when we met, how we met, how long after meeting did we start dating, what
    > did I do after leaving the US, how many times did he come over to London to see me,
    > my parents names(he only knew my mom's). And Tim answered all in his usual calm and
    > easygoing way. She then asked me if I was subject to the 2year residency rule. When
    > I told her no, she asked for documentation. Luckily we had my old IAP-66 form with
    > me. She wanted a copy but since we didn't think they'd want it we didn't have any.
    > So she took the original saying that we wouldn't need it anymore anyway. I was then
    > asked the have you ever questions. She kept ticking off our responses on the
    > documents we had submitted during the whole process. Tim feels that if anyone can't
    > remember something, they should just lean over, have a look and then answer. It was
    > that simple to see everything.
    >
    > Anyway, once those were done she asked us for supporting proof of our marriage. And
    > here Tim pulls out copies and originals of: all the cards I have(prescription,
    > vision, dental, health, Columbia Assoc), Bank letter verifying joint accounts(my
    > name doesn't show up on any statements even though we use our own cards), Insurance
    > enrollment forms(health, dental, vision and life), Car insurance cards, Letter from
    > Insurace company verifying joint accounts, Gynae mail and our trip itinerary to
    > South Africa. She asked Tim if he's ever met my family and he said no but he was
    > going to meet my mom this Friday as she was coming over for the wedding ceremony.
    > He then took out statements/invoices from the health insurance company (for doctors
    > visits, gynae visits and bloodwork for vaccinations) and from the dental insurance.
    > She took all and hardly looked through it.
    >
    > Next came the photos from our civil ceremony, an Orioles game and the DC cookout.
    > Not much since we've only been married 3 months and most pictures we've taken since
    > are of each other camping, BBQ's etc. She hardly looked at them as well but did
    > notice that we had gotten married by the same lady in Ellicot City as she had. We
    > also gave her copies of our upcoming wedding ceremony stuff like the wedding
    > invitiation, gift registries, ceremony site contract/receipt, reception site
    > deposit/contract and DJ contract.
    >
    > She then said that we had sufficient information for her to approve our case. I was
    > fingerprinted and asked to sign something. Once done she stamped my passport and
    > showed me the stamp. Luckily I checked and made her confirm the date 'cos she had
    > written in the valid until section 'vaild until 9 July 2002'. She did change it and
    > initialed next to it. But I'm still wary about that. It looks like anyone can alter
    > it and intial it, how would the INS know that it was one of their staff? Tim said
    > that maybe the other things she had written under the stamp were the important bits
    > of info. She did say that it would take 2-6 months to get the green card and gave
    > us a piece of paper to remind us about the removal of conditions in 2yrs.
    >
    > And that was that! We were on our way to the car park at 8:35. I hope this long
    > story helps someone!
    >
    > Cubendri
    >
    > Our timeline
    >
    > 04/04/02 - Entered US on K1 visa
    > 04/08/02 - Civil ceremony
    > 04/23/02 - Tetanus vaccination
    > 05/09/02 - MMR vaccination (Had been awaiting bloodwork - needed only common
    > measles vaccine but had to take all)
    > 05/14/02 - Sent AOS paperwork to VSC
    > 05/20/02 - Received return receipt
    > 05/24 to 06/06 - Received NOA's (AOS, EAD, AP received and AOS, EAD sent to
    > Baltimore)
    > 06/20/02 - Received fingerprint notice(didn't stipulate date so I went on the same
    > day)
    > 06/22/02 - Received EAD notice
    > 06/24/02 - Received AOS appointment letter
    > 07/01/02 - EAD appointment
    > - Changed name, address and status on SSN card
    > 07/10/02 - AOS interview success!!