Wikiposts

AOS FOR SPOUSE

Old Jul 27th 2002, 3:20 am
Angyu

Default AOS FOR SPOUSE

I entered the U.S as a visitor and I have already overstayed my visa. I applied for
the B-2 visa when my spouse was still a permanent resident, but as at now his status
has changed to citizen of the USA. He is planning to apply for permanent residence
for me since his status is now changed but the problem is that I gave a false
information on my B-2 application. I answered No on the questions that asked if my
spouse was living in the US and whether he is a permanent resident. Could someone
please advise me on what to do. Iam afraid if they decide to check the application
form I completed to get the visitors visa eventhough it is more than a year now. Does
immigration actually check the details of how you entered the US? Do we actually need
a lawyer in this situation? I will appreciate your prompt response to this concerns.

Thank you,

Angyu