AOS RFE

Old Sep 3rd 2011, 2:04 pm
BE Enthusiast

BubbleChog has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleChog has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleChog has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleChog has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleChog has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleChog has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleChog has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleChog has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleChog has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleChog has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleChog has a reputation beyond repute
Unhappy AOS RFE

Hi guys

I just got an RFE in the post for my I-485 and I-131 ( but not any of the other forms filed at the same time) saying it's been returned because the cheque amount was incorrect or had not been provided.

The cheque was cashed on 12th july and I went to my biometrics appt at the beginning of August.

The RFE does not contain all of the evidence I submitted. Do I have to resend all of the supporting info with proof of the cashed cheque? or just send back the stuff they sent me with the evidence of the cashed cheque? or do I need to resubmit all the forms including the copies of the medical stuff and Affidavit of support?

Lx
Old Sep 3rd 2011, 3:07 pm

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: AOS RFE

Was the check amount correct?

Regards, JEff
Old Sep 3rd 2011, 3:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

BubbleChog has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleChog has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleChog has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleChog has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleChog has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleChog has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleChog has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleChog has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleChog has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleChog has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleChog has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jeffreyhy
Was the check amount correct?

Regards, JEff
Yes. $1070

Lx
Old Sep 3rd 2011, 3:29 pm

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute

I'd be inclined to add back in whatever is missing from your original submission that was part of the I-485 and I-131 applications.

I had this experience once (postmarked 2 days before a fee increase, but USCIS wanted the new, higher fee anyway). The returned package was a jumbled mess, completely out of order, I had to re-sort it, but after I did I found that everything was there. (Including the original mailing envelope with postmark clearly showing that the application had been submitted prior to the fee increase.)

Regards, JEff
Old Sep 3rd 2011, 4:16 pm
BE Commentator

S Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jeffreyhy
I'd be inclined to add back in whatever is missing from your original submission that was part of the I-485 and I-131 applications.

I had this experience once (postmarked 2 days before a fee increase, but USCIS wanted the new, higher fee anyway). The returned package was a jumbled mess, completely out of order, I had to re-sort it, but after I did I found that everything was there. (Including the original mailing envelope with postmark clearly showing that the application had been submitted prior to the fee increase.)

Regards, JEff
I would be inclined to avoid a second bounce back. But, unlike others, I avoid giving advice.
Old Sep 4th 2011, 2:36 am
Pedantic Moron

Michelmas has a reputation beyond reputeMichelmas has a reputation beyond reputeMichelmas has a reputation beyond reputeMichelmas has a reputation beyond reputeMichelmas has a reputation beyond reputeMichelmas has a reputation beyond reputeMichelmas has a reputation beyond reputeMichelmas has a reputation beyond reputeMichelmas has a reputation beyond reputeMichelmas has a reputation beyond reputeMichelmas has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by S Folinsky
I would be inclined to avoid a second bounce back. But, unlike others, I avoid giving advice.
Says the man who just provided advice to someone on where to purchase a sim card on their journey to Costa Rica.
Old Oct 23rd 2011, 11:37 pm
BE Enthusiast

So I resubmitted all of the forms and all of the supporting evidence and the information from the bank showing that USCIS had cashed the cheque and a covering letter explaining and guess what? got yet another RFE saying I haven't paid the fee - at least this time they managed to send back all the forms.

what can I do? I tried calling the 1-800 375-5283 number on the rfe notice and that was about as helpful as I expected it would be. ie not at all.

Do me and my husband just have to eat up a $1070 loss and send these vampires another cheque? or is there anything els eI can do?
Old Oct 23rd 2011, 11:47 pm
Septicity

fatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BubbleChog
or is there anything els eI can do?
http://isakson.senate.gov/casework.html
Old Oct 24th 2011, 12:19 am
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Do me and my husband just have to eat up a $1070 loss and send these vampires another cheque? or is there anything els eI can do?
Why don't you just get a copy of your cheque from the bank, photocopy it for your own records, and send it back with a big note indicating that they have already cashed the cheque.

Ian
Old Oct 24th 2011, 1:15 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ian-mstm
Why don't you just get a copy of your cheque from the bank, photocopy it for your own records, and send it back with a big note indicating that they have already cashed the cheque.

Ian
That was what I sent in with my response to the first RFE. which they'have ignored
Lx
Old Oct 24th 2011, 11:50 am
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

That was what I sent in with my response to the first RFE. which they'have ignored
Ah... well, try it again! There's nothing to lose at this point.

Ian
Old Dec 8th 2011, 3:13 am
BE Enthusiast

UPDATE

Still deeply confused - I got a further RFE in the post In the same batch of post was my Green card.
I've decided to not send USCIS any further information as it's clearly a waste of time

Lx
Old Dec 8th 2011, 12:07 pm
Account Closed

In the same batch of post was my Green card.
Ah... well then, no worries!

I've decided to not send USCIS any further information as it's clearly a waste of time
Good for you!

Ian
Old Dec 8th 2011, 1:38 pm
BE Commentator

S Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond repute

UPDATE

Still deeply confused - I got a further RFE in the post In the same batch of post was my Green card.

Lx
Do not ever, ever ignore an RFE. I had an incident once where we were abandoning one of two employment-based immigrant visa petitions because one of the two had been approved. The second I-140 was denied in due course for failure to respond to the RFE -- no problem. However, the concomitant adjustment was dragged down with it.
Old Dec 8th 2011, 2:28 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

UPDATE

Lx
Originally Posted by S Folinsky
Do not ever, ever ignore an RFE. I had an incident once where we were abandoning one of two employment-based immigrant visa petitions because one of the two had been approved. The second I-140 was denied in due course for failure to respond to the RFE -- no problem. However, the concomitant adjustment was dragged down with it.
Bubble,

You should respond to that 2nd RFE. Include a photocopy of your greencard and the envelope it came in (showing the postmark). Include a short statement that you've received your green card.

Rene

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.