AOS Questions

Old Jan 17th 2018, 1:35 am
BE Enthusiast

Amie06 has a reputation beyond reputeAmie06 has a reputation beyond reputeAmie06 has a reputation beyond reputeAmie06 has a reputation beyond reputeAmie06 has a reputation beyond reputeAmie06 has a reputation beyond reputeAmie06 has a reputation beyond reputeAmie06 has a reputation beyond reputeAmie06 has a reputation beyond reputeAmie06 has a reputation beyond reputeAmie06 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: AOS Questions

Originally Posted by scottyvisa
Hi Ben,

When I submitted my AOS in January this year, I just included the DS-3025 from Knightsbrige Doctors that showed all my vaccinations were up to date. Was approved without an RFE and didn't have an interview. I'm aware anecdotal evidence isn't the same as fact, but thought I'd let you know it worked for me. The instructions seem to suggest it's fine to just send in the vaccination supplement.

Dan
Exactly what i did, no RFE and now awaiting my 10 year card with conditions removed.
Old Jan 26th 2018, 3:08 am
BE Forum Addict

BenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond repute

Just gathering documents together for the interview, so far we have:

Joint bank statements for the last 6 months.
Photos of us together.
Boarding passes in our names (domestic and international).
My company stock plan documentation showing my wife as the beneficiary if I drop dead.
Health insurance documents (most of the ID cards are just in my name, but I have paperwork showing her as my spouse on my insurance plans).
Letter from my wife's parents stating that we've been living with them for the last 10 months while saving for a down payment for a mortgage.
My wife's car finance agreement and statements, showing her as the main owner and me as the co-sponsor.

Would you guys that was sufficient?
Old Jan 26th 2018, 3:22 am
BE Enthusiast

scottyvisa has a reputation beyond reputescottyvisa has a reputation beyond reputescottyvisa has a reputation beyond reputescottyvisa has a reputation beyond reputescottyvisa has a reputation beyond reputescottyvisa has a reputation beyond reputescottyvisa has a reputation beyond reputescottyvisa has a reputation beyond reputescottyvisa has a reputation beyond reputescottyvisa has a reputation beyond reputescottyvisa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BenK91
Just gathering documents together for the interview, so far we have:

Joint bank statements for the last 6 months.
Photos of us together.
Boarding passes in our names (domestic and international).
My company stock plan documentation showing my wife as the beneficiary if I drop dead.
Health insurance documents (most of the ID cards are just in my name, but I have paperwork showing her as my spouse on my insurance plans).
Letter from my wife's parents stating that we've been living with them for the last 10 months while saving for a down payment for a mortgage.
My wife's car finance agreement and statements, showing her as the main owner and me as the co-sponsor.

Would you guys that was sufficient?
I didn't interview so can't say for sure, but that seems like a thorough list, presuming this is just to show you've been living a shared life since filing? Is the letter an affidavit?

I'd also bring a copy of everything I initially submitted in the initial I-485 in case they ask you any questions about it.
Old Jan 26th 2018, 3:23 am
BE Forum Addict

BenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond repute

I didn't interview so can't say for sure, but that seems like a thorough list, presuming this is just to show you've been living a shared life since filing? Is the letter an affidavit?

I'd also bring a copy of everything I initially submitted in the initial I-485 in case they ask you any questions about it.
Yeah it's an affidavit, we pay them a very small sum each month for rent.

I'd also like to think the fact we've been living with her parents for nearly a year would show the marriage is pretty genuine

Completely forgot about the copies of the original application, cheers!
Old Jan 26th 2018, 3:29 am
BE Enthusiast

scottyvisa has a reputation beyond reputescottyvisa has a reputation beyond reputescottyvisa has a reputation beyond reputescottyvisa has a reputation beyond reputescottyvisa has a reputation beyond reputescottyvisa has a reputation beyond reputescottyvisa has a reputation beyond reputescottyvisa has a reputation beyond reputescottyvisa has a reputation beyond reputescottyvisa has a reputation beyond reputescottyvisa has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah it's an affidavit, we pay them a very small sum each month for rent.

I'd also like to think the fact we've been living with her parents for nearly a year would show the marriage is pretty genuine

Completely forgot about the copies of the original application, cheers!
Haha! Yes that's true love right there!
Old Jan 26th 2018, 12:38 pm
BE Forum Addict

tom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond repute

The person I interviewed with loved photos. Lots of them. She helped herself to about 12.
Old Jan 26th 2018, 1:59 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tom169
The person I interviewed with loved photos. Lots of them. She helped herself to about 12.
I was excited to show off some of our photos, but our officer didn't want to see them. 😭 LOL

Rene
Old Jan 30th 2018, 9:38 pm
BE Forum Addict

Just to add me and my wife just finished filing our taxes (filed jointly) so I'll include this too.

Will update everyone after the interview
Old Feb 15th 2018, 6:09 pm
BE Forum Addict

Just got back from the interview... Approved!

By the time we'd got back to the car from walking out of the building I got a text saying our I-485 had been approved and I just checked on the USCIS case status site and it says 'New card being produced'.

He didn't even mention anything about the medical. We were in there about 20 minutes. 15 of those minutes were just general chat about football and the weather. The other 5 were me answering the yes or no questions from the I-485 form, looking at some photos of me and my wife together and handing over documents in both our names (we used health insurance docs, taxes, joint checking account and travel itineraries with our names on such as hotel reservations and airline tickets).

Glad to be done with this after 14 months of waiting. Will update once the NOA and green card arrive.

Thank you all for your help once again!

Last edited by BenK91; Feb 15th 2018 at 6:16 pm.
Old Feb 15th 2018, 6:16 pm
BE Forum Addict

tom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond repute

By the time we'd got back to the car from walking out of the building I got a text saying our I-485 had been approved and I just checked on the USCIS case status site and it says 'New card being produced'.

He didn't even mention anything about the medical. We were in there about 20 minutes. 15 of those minutes was just general chat about football and the weather. The other 5 were me answering the yes or no questions from the I-485 form, looking at some photos of me and my wife together and handing over documents in both our names (we used health insurance docs, taxes, joint checking account and travel itineraries with our names on such as hotel reservations and airline tickets).

Glad to be done with this after 14 months of waiting. Will update once the NOA and green card arrive.

Wahey!! Congrats bud. Glad the medical was easy. Catch up In a couple years lol.
Old Feb 15th 2018, 6:19 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by tom169
Wahey!! Congrats bud. Glad the medical was easy. Catch up In a couple years lol.
Cheers! Such a relief to actually be a GC holder now and not in some strange grey area/immigration limbo.

I'll be honest, I was thinking about your medical situation the entire time hoping he wouldn't bring it up!
Old Feb 15th 2018, 7:14 pm
BE Enthusiast

He didn't even mention anything about the medical. We were in there about 20 minutes. 15 of those minutes were just general chat about football and the weather. The other 5 were me answering the yes or no questions from the I-485 form, looking at some photos of me and my wife together and handing over documents in both our names (we used health insurance docs, taxes, joint checking account and travel itineraries with our names on such as hotel reservations and airline tickets).

Great news, congrats!
Old Feb 15th 2018, 7:28 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Congratulations, Ben. I can feel your relief from here.

Last edited by Rete; Feb 15th 2018 at 9:10 pm.
Old Feb 15th 2018, 8:58 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Rete
Congratulations, Ben. I can feel relief from here.
Great news, congrats!
Thank you! Definitely a relief! Now to wait patiently for the card to arrive. Hopefully won't take too long
Old Feb 15th 2018, 9:05 pm
BE Forum Addict

Thank you! Definitely a relief! Now to wait patiently for the card to arrive. Hopefully won't take too long
Took me a week... If that.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.