AOS Questions

Old Dec 21st 2016, 5:40 pm
BE Forum Addict

BenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond repute
Default AOS Questions

Hi all,

After being here (and suffering the freezing cold and snow!) for over a month now we've started filling out the forms for our AOS from K1.

Most of the forms we've already filled out.

My main questions are:

I-693: Do I have to complete one of these/take my vaccination supplement to a certified doctor? I had my medical at Knightsbridge in October 2016 and they gave me a document with my list of vaccinations and it says at the bottom "all vaccinations for xxx are up to date" (it also has a piece of paper stapled to it saying "do not lose this as it is required for Adjustment of Status"). So do I just send this in along with the package or do I need to go through the steps of getting a certified USCIS Doctor to verify these etc?

I-864: We need to use a joint sponsor as explained in my previous thread, my wife is in part time work due to studying at college. Am I correct in thinking regardless of whether my wife meets the poverty threshold or not... she HAS to fill out an I-864 and then we can use her mom to be our joint sponsor? (Her mom was our initial sponsor for the K1).

Thanks in advance.
Old Dec 21st 2016, 7:41 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: AOS Questions

1. You don't need to fill out the I-693. The doctor will have that form and will fill it out. I think in the past some folks have been successful in submitting a copy of that vaccination paper you have...but others received an RFE for missing the doctor's transcription. To avoid an RFE, go ahead and get it transcribed by a USCIS approved civil surgeon (list can be found at www.uscis.gov). Be prepared to hear that you need a full medical. You do NOT, but you might have to just make the appointment and convince the doctor in person.

2. Yes, your wife still needs to complete an I-864. The joint sponsor completes a separate I-864 package (form, most recent tax return, proof of US citizenship).

Rene
Old Dec 21st 2016, 9:28 pm
Conditional Resident

Mangaboy84 has a reputation beyond reputeMangaboy84 has a reputation beyond reputeMangaboy84 has a reputation beyond reputeMangaboy84 has a reputation beyond reputeMangaboy84 has a reputation beyond reputeMangaboy84 has a reputation beyond reputeMangaboy84 has a reputation beyond reputeMangaboy84 has a reputation beyond reputeMangaboy84 has a reputation beyond reputeMangaboy84 has a reputation beyond reputeMangaboy84 has a reputation beyond repute

Just completed mine, it took about a dozen calls but i found a dr's office that understood from the start exactly what i needed, transfer vaccine history so instead of paying $200 for a new medical it only cost $24. just get a phone plan first with unlimited calls and keep trying all the numbers the search brings up till you find someone in your area
Old Dec 21st 2016, 10:54 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

You can search by zip code, that should narrow it down.

Rene
Old Dec 21st 2016, 11:36 pm
BE Enthusiast

scottyvisa has a reputation beyond reputescottyvisa has a reputation beyond reputescottyvisa has a reputation beyond reputescottyvisa has a reputation beyond reputescottyvisa has a reputation beyond reputescottyvisa has a reputation beyond reputescottyvisa has a reputation beyond reputescottyvisa has a reputation beyond reputescottyvisa has a reputation beyond reputescottyvisa has a reputation beyond reputescottyvisa has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Ben,

When I submitted my AOS in January this year, I just included the DS-3025 from Knightsbrige Doctors that showed all my vaccinations were up to date. Was approved without an RFE and didn't have an interview. I'm aware anecdotal evidence isn't the same as fact, but thought I'd let you know it worked for me. The instructions seem to suggest it's fine to just send in the vaccination supplement.

Dan
Old Dec 22nd 2016, 12:10 am
BE Forum Addict

tom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond repute

I just included the DS-3025 from Knightsbridge too. My application is only at NOA1 so wouldn't take that as advice - though scottyvisa above has been successful with this approach.

The instructions that I read also back this up.
Old Dec 26th 2016, 5:43 pm
Forum Regular

Shezi59 has a reputation beyond reputeShezi59 has a reputation beyond reputeShezi59 has a reputation beyond reputeShezi59 has a reputation beyond reputeShezi59 has a reputation beyond reputeShezi59 has a reputation beyond reputeShezi59 has a reputation beyond reputeShezi59 has a reputation beyond reputeShezi59 has a reputation beyond reputeShezi59 has a reputation beyond reputeShezi59 has a reputation beyond repute

I had all vaccinations done at my local GP office and took a copy with me to Knightsbridge doctors, that was fine. On AoS, I sent a copy of my vaccination record with my pack - also fine. Different people have different experiences but, in our experience, as long as you follow the instructions at each stage, it's a (long but) straightforward process. I've just applied for citizenship and at the NOA1 stage for that.

Good luck getting your pack together.
Old Dec 27th 2016, 12:18 am
BE Forum Addict

BenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks all - sorry for the delay in replying due to Christmas and too much food!

I think I'll just send off the vaccination sheet from Knightsbridge! I'll be back shortly with some questions about the affidavit of support as that seems a bit more complicated for us to fill out!
Old Dec 27th 2016, 12:52 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Ben ... they have update the forms. Any forms dated prior to 12/23/2016 will no longer be acceptable.

I am sure that you know that this has occurred so thought to stop you in your tracks before sending out your AOS applications.
Old Dec 27th 2016, 5:04 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Rete
Ben ... they have update the forms. Any forms dated prior to 12/23/2016 will no longer be acceptable.

I am sure that you know that this has occurred so thought to stop you in your tracks before sending out your AOS applications.
Yes we have the latest ones, but thank you for the heads up

One of the questions I have around the I-864 might seem incredibly stupid but I just want to make sure we've got this right.

I am named in Part 2 as the principal immigrant (part 3 is completely blank as obviously no family members are joining me).

Part 3, 28 asks you to write down the total number of immigrants you are sponsoring on this affidavit so obviously we've written 1. Then on part 5 when you write down the household size it asks you to enter the number from part 3, 28 so again; we wrote 1. It then says to add 1 if you are married - this gives our total house size number as 3 which is obviously incorrect as it's just the two of us. Where have we gone wrong/been stupid?!
Old Dec 27th 2016, 5:06 pm
BE Forum Addict

tom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BenK91
Yes we have the latest ones, but thank you for the heads up

One of the questions I have around the I-864 might seem incredibly stupid but I just want to make sure we've got this right.

I am named in Part 2 as the principal immigrant (part 3 is completely blank as obviously no family members are joining me).

Part 3, 28 asks you to write down the total number of immigrants you are sponsoring on this affidavit so obviously we've written 1. Then on part 5 when you write down the household size it asks you to enter the number from part 3, 28 so again; we wrote 1. It then says to add 1 if you are married - this gives our total house size number as 3 which is obviously incorrect as it's just the two of us. Where have we gone wrong/been stupid?!
Don't count anyone twice as per instructions.

If it's your wife doing the form, write 0 in the box.

If it's a joint sponsor and they are married write 1.
Old Dec 27th 2016, 8:15 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by tom169
Don't count anyone twice as per instructions.

If it's your wife doing the form, write 0 in the box.

If it's a joint sponsor and they are married write 1.
0 in the box that says if you're married enter 1 or 0 in the box previous to that?
Old Dec 27th 2016, 8:45 pm
BE Forum Addict

0 in the box that says if you're married enter 1 or 0 in the box previous to that?
Sorry, I should have been clearer...

"If you are currently married, enter 1 for your spouse"

If YOU are the spouse that is referring to, enter a 0. This is because you are already counted by Part 5 Question 1. That way your household size (which is calculated automatically) will read 2
Old Dec 31st 2016, 1:06 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by tom169
Sorry, I should have been clearer...

"If you are currently married, enter 1 for your spouse"

If YOU are the spouse that is referring to, enter a 0. This is because you are already counted by Part 5 Question 1. That way your household size (which is calculated automatically) will read 2
Awesome, thanks Tom!

Just waiting for a cheque to clear and my mother in law to fill out the I-864 and then will be mailing it off!

Judging by timelines from VisaJourney (obviously taken with a pinch of salt) it looks like the Denver CO office is one of the slowest so that'll be a nice enjoyable wait!
Old Dec 31st 2016, 1:11 am
BE Forum Addict

Awesome, thanks Tom!

Just waiting for a cheque to clear and my mother in law to fill out the I-864 and then will be mailing it off!

Judging by timelines from VisaJourney (obviously taken with a pinch of salt) it looks like the Denver CO office is one of the slowest so that'll be a nice enjoyable wait!
Good old American banking system.

On the plus side the i-765 is processed at the national office and so even if your local office is running slow you should be able to start work.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.