AOS questions

Old Nov 1st 2010, 10:00 pm
BE Enthusiast

MandyNi has a reputation beyond reputeMandyNi has a reputation beyond reputeMandyNi has a reputation beyond reputeMandyNi has a reputation beyond reputeMandyNi has a reputation beyond reputeMandyNi has a reputation beyond reputeMandyNi has a reputation beyond reputeMandyNi has a reputation beyond reputeMandyNi has a reputation beyond reputeMandyNi has a reputation beyond reputeMandyNi has a reputation beyond repute
Default AOS questions

Just a couple of quickies - we're finally getting around to this - hope to have it in the post by end of the week or beginning of next.

Initial evidence to go with AOS - I've read all about co-mingling and we have insurance, me on his bank account and various bits and bobs, BUT, the only thing the I485 asks for is marriage certificate, copy of original NOA2 approval and copy of my I94. So do I send all the other bits and bobs now, or is that needed for if/when we are called for an interview?

Evidence of support - is it ok to include the same letters etc. as we used when we had the K1 approved back in January (they would be dated about this time last year) or do you think they will expect new ones?

Thanks in advance.
Old Nov 1st 2010, 10:11 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: AOS questions

Originally Posted by MandyNi
So do I send all the other bits and bobs now, or is that needed for if/when we are called for an interview?
Only send what the I-485 asks for. Save all the bits and bobs for an interview, if you have one.

Evidence of support - is it ok to include the same letters etc. as we used when we had the K1 approved back in January (they would be dated about this time last year) or do you think they will expect new ones?
I'd use new ones. The old ones will be around a year old. I think they'll expect to see new dates and new information now. We did new ones.

Rene
Old Nov 1st 2010, 10:15 pm
BE Enthusiast

MandyNi has a reputation beyond reputeMandyNi has a reputation beyond reputeMandyNi has a reputation beyond reputeMandyNi has a reputation beyond reputeMandyNi has a reputation beyond reputeMandyNi has a reputation beyond reputeMandyNi has a reputation beyond reputeMandyNi has a reputation beyond reputeMandyNi has a reputation beyond reputeMandyNi has a reputation beyond reputeMandyNi has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for the ultra speedy response Rene!
Old Nov 2nd 2010, 3:42 am
N.Ireland / NJ

Chrissie85 has much to be proud ofChrissie85 has much to be proud ofChrissie85 has much to be proud ofChrissie85 has much to be proud ofChrissie85 has much to be proud ofChrissie85 has much to be proud ofChrissie85 has much to be proud ofChrissie85 has much to be proud ofChrissie85 has much to be proud ofChrissie85 has much to be proud ofChrissie85 has much to be proud of

Yay Mandy, hope its all coming together nicely
Old Nov 2nd 2010, 4:24 am

Long_Islander is an unknown quantity at this point

Just a couple of quickies - we're finally getting around to this - hope to have it in the post by end of the week or beginning of next.

Initial evidence to go with AOS - I've read all about co-mingling and we have insurance, me on his bank account and various bits and bobs, BUT, the only thing the I485 asks for is marriage certificate, copy of original NOA2 approval and copy of my I94. So do I send all the other bits and bobs now, or is that needed for if/when we are called for an interview?

Thanks in advance.
Hi Mandy,

You will be fine.

Best Wishes,

David
Old Nov 2nd 2010, 11:59 am
Forum Regular

jimandtina2008 will become famous soon enough

Thanks in advance.
Hi Mandy

I just had my AOS interview on October 19th. We just sent in the evidence they asked for on the forms and updated our letters that we'd sent in intially with K1. All the 'joint' evidence we took with us to the interview (a document box full of all sorts of evidence).
The officer only took a copy of both our driving licences, passports and a copy of the car insurance and marriage certificate. He never even looked at any of the edvidence that we dragged in (box was so heavy). He said he could tell we were really a married couple by the way we interacted and ended each others sentences etc......

Best of luck, hope you get a really nice guy like we did........interview itself was over in less than 10 minutes.

Tina xx
Old Nov 29th 2010, 10:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

Well just got all my NOA's on the AOS, AP and EAD. Thankfully all received before my London medical was more than 1 year old! Phew, now to wait and see what arrives next!!
Old Nov 29th 2010, 11:57 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Well just got all my NOA's on the AOS, AP and EAD. Thankfully all received before my London medical was more than 1 year old! Phew, now to wait and see what arrives next!!
Biometrics letter?

Enjoyng the new place?
Old Nov 30th 2010, 5:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

randomgirl is a glorious beacon of lightrandomgirl is a glorious beacon of lightrandomgirl is a glorious beacon of lightrandomgirl is a glorious beacon of lightrandomgirl is a glorious beacon of lightrandomgirl is a glorious beacon of lightrandomgirl is a glorious beacon of lightrandomgirl is a glorious beacon of lightrandomgirl is a glorious beacon of lightrandomgirl is a glorious beacon of lightrandomgirl is a glorious beacon of light

Cool USCIS received my AOS package on November 16th and I got the NOAs on Saturday just gone (27th). My biometrics appointment arrived yesterday, so you should be getting yours soon hopefully! (depending how busy they are where you are, I guess). My biometrics appt. is 2 weeks today so they gave me plenty of notice. Good luck with your AOS!
Old Nov 30th 2010, 5:25 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by randomgirl
My biometrics appt. is 2 weeks today so they gave me plenty of notice.
Now that you have the appointment letter for biometrics, you can actually go in anytime before your appointment date, if you want to get them done earlier.

Rene
Old Nov 30th 2010, 5:34 pm
BE Enthusiast

randomgirl is a glorious beacon of lightrandomgirl is a glorious beacon of lightrandomgirl is a glorious beacon of lightrandomgirl is a glorious beacon of lightrandomgirl is a glorious beacon of lightrandomgirl is a glorious beacon of lightrandomgirl is a glorious beacon of lightrandomgirl is a glorious beacon of lightrandomgirl is a glorious beacon of lightrandomgirl is a glorious beacon of lightrandomgirl is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Noorah101
Now that you have the appointment letter for biometrics, you can actually go in anytime before your appointment date, if you want to get them done earlier.

Rene
Really? Do you have to call them first to check that's OK? It's a 15 mile drive so I don't want to just show up and get turned away!
Old Nov 30th 2010, 5:52 pm

Really? Do you have to call them first to check that's OK? It's a 15 mile drive so I don't want to just show up and get turned away!
Check that particular ASC location at www.uscis.gov to see what their hours are, and if they have specific walk-in days (although I still think you'll be fine any day of the week). Each ASC is different.

15 miles isn't all that far around here...LOL I drive that far 1-way to work every day!

Rene
Old Nov 30th 2010, 6:32 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Noorah101
Check that particular ASC location at www.uscis.gov to see what their hours are, and if they have specific walk-in days (although I still think you'll be fine any day of the week). Each ASC is different.

15 miles isn't all that far around here...LOL I drive that far 1-way to work every day!

Rene
Hehe, I know it's not far, but I can't drive so hubby will have to take me and he works all day, so I don't want him taking time out of work if it's not worth it!

I'll have a look on the website and see what I can find out. Is there any benefit to getting biometrics done earlier than the appointment time?

Thanks!

RG
Old Nov 30th 2010, 6:37 pm
BE Enthusiast

I've just had a look at the USCIS site, and it says of the ASC I'm supposed to go to:

"This office provides services to the general public by appointment from 8:00AM to 4:00PM, Monday through Friday."

It doesn't sound like they let you just show up whenever you like...
I think I'll just keep the appointment they've given me.
Old Nov 30th 2010, 6:57 pm

Is there any benefit to getting biometrics done earlier than the appointment time?
Not really...just gets your processing done a couple of weeks faster...lol It's not a big deal, sounds like you should just keep your original appointment time.

Rene

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.